I'm Not Crying Are You Crying? Britney Bursts Into Tears At Final 'Piece Of Me' Show

Britneyfanuk89

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Stifler's Mom said:

tbh I think Team Britney and Britney herself already know they screwed up BIG TIME and this some sort of coming out for the cameras now... sorry, but only now she hugs a fan on stage? wow.

I really hope this teaches them a lesson on how to treat their fans, the people who supported and made this machine work for decades. :raven:

yup

I know she came across like a ***** to Marta, and I don't disbelieve Marta for a second. I just hope Britney takes a long deserved break now! She's done this show for 5 years, so she does need something new and fresh.

Everybody can have an off day though, and she can't be slated for the Marta situation for the rest of her career.

I think a lot of these other M&G stories are fans with unrealistic expectations. I also don't think Britney is an ***** at heart either, she's not evil. On stage, she plays the 'popstar' role, it's a character that the fans want to see.

In these M&G's she has nothing to hide behind, she's exposed and I think there's where the shyness comes from. She's not an extrovert whereas on stage she can play the 'popstar' role for an hour and half. 

1 hour ago, Poppy said:

Yeah I'm confused, they're all ig-ing that it's the last one ever but there's one in October and one in December?! 

Also, do we think another residency is likely? 

Still can't believe my summer of B is over... 

December? There's never been a PoM date for this December.

1 hour ago, camy934 said:

I know she came across like a ***** to Marta, and I don't disbelieve Marta for a second. I just hope Britney takes a long deserved break now! She's done this show for 5 years, so she does need something new and fresh.

Everybody can have an off day though, and she can't be slated for the Marta situation for the rest of her career.

I think a lot of these other M&G stories are fans with unrealistic expectations. I also don't think Britney is an ***** at heart either, she's not evil. On stage, she plays the 'popstar' role, it's a character that the fans want to see.

In these M&G's she has nothing to hide behind, she's exposed and I think there's where the shyness comes from. She's not an extrovert whereas on stage she can play the 'popstar' role for an hour and half. 

Exactly. That whole Marta crap cause that’s what it is crap! 

Guest Arckangel
On 9/2/2018 at 6:22 AM, camy934 said:

I think a lot of these other M&G stories are fans with unrealistic expectations. I also don't think Britney is an ***** at heart either, she's not evil. On stage, she plays the 'popstar' role, it's a character that the fans want to see.

But can't she play "Britney, the popstar" during those meet and greets too? Now, I've read a comment on YouTube that says it's a "photo opportunity" that is being advertised, not a meet and greet... Bull!

I've got my receipts here: https://vipnation.com/tours/britney-spears/piece-of-me-tour?sort=location_asc

ULTIMATE VIP MEET & GREET PACKAGE

• One premium reserved price level 1 ticket to the show! *
  • Individual pre-show photo opportunity with Britney Spears!
  • Exclusive access to a backstage tour led by your VIP host
  • Autographed limited edition Britney Spears poster
  • Official Britney Spears VIP Meet & Greet laminate and custom lanyard
  • Specially designed merchandise item, made exclusively for VIP package purchasers
  • Commemorative VIP concert ticket
  • Designated check-in and on-site event staff
  • Very limited availability!
  • * Locations vary, see specific date for details.

It is clearly a meet and greet that is being sold and advertised, not just a "photo opportunity". That said, I feel really bad for the fans and admirers who PAID big bucks for such chicanery! Miss Spears and her team took the money gladly enough, didn’t they?

Britney has got to understand those people hold her in high affection, and it’s not “just another day” to them, so her demeanour is knowingly unkind and spiteful. It is absurd to do meet and greets if you’re fussy about people touching you! I've got a pal whose first group photo she ever did was a team-building kind of thing during one of her first proper jobs; the professional photographer asked her and other co-workers to all put arms around one another. 

This Is What One Does! It just works, and it makes for good photos; distance looks wrong on camera. There’s literally no way to expect to do these, yet be so uneasy at the thought of the mere bodily contact. Photographs come with touch—it's simple!

Now, people pay to see "Britney, the popstar" onstage... But also during that exact meet & greet and photo opportunity moment. A photograph with their beloved or even favourite pop star—Britney Spears (and yes, as cold as this may look, Britney Spears™). Can't she just at least play and pretend to care about her fans' presence, and exhibit a minimum of basic human interaction and responsiveness?

@Million Billion @camy934

@Freakshow__ @The Greatest Show @HairFlipQueen @2K16NEY @koballo @3Pney @pgl @jokobitch@THE BAJAN VIBE

8 minutes ago, Arckangel said:

But can't she play "Britney, the popstar" during those meet and greets too? Now, I've read a comment on YouTube that says it's a "photo opportunity" that is being advertised, not a meet and greet... Bull!

I've got my receipts here: https://vipnation.com/tours/britney-spears/piece-of-me-tour?sort=location_asc

• Specially designed merchandise item, made exclusively for VIP package purchasers

It is clearly a meet and greet that is being sold and advertised, not just a "photo opportunity". That said, I feel really bad for the fans and admirers who PAID big bucks for such chicanery! Miss Spears and her team took the money gladly enough, didn’t they?

Britney has got to understand those people hold her in high affection, and it’s not “just another day” to them, so her demeanour is knowingly unkind and spiteful. It is absurd to do meet and greets if you’re fussy about people touching you! I've got a pal whose first group photo she ever did was a team-building kind of thing during one of her first proper jobs; the professional photographer asked her and other co-workers to all put arms around one another. 

This Is What One Does! It just works, and it makes for good photos; distance looks wrong on camera. There’s literally no way to expect to do these, yet be so uneasy at the thought of the mere bodily contact. Photographs come with touch—it's simple!

Now, people pay to see "Britney, the popstar" onstage... But also during that exact meet & greet and photo opportunity moment. A photograph with their beloved or even favourite pop star—Britney Spears (and yes, as cold as this may look, Britney Spears™). Can't she just at least play and pretend to care about her fans' presence, and exhibit a minimum of basic human interaction and responsiveness?

@Freakshow__ @The Greatest Show @HairFlipQueen @2K16NEY @koballo @3Pney @pgl @jokobitch

That literally says photo op. Not meet and greet. 

There's so many things Britney could do, but chooses not to. Singing live really shouldn't be an issue with her current intensity of dancing - vocals over a backing track are pretty much the norm these days and she doesn't need to sound exactly like the track, that's the whole point of a live performance. That should be her focus going forward with the next tour/residency - gaining confidence and an identity over her voice, because right now I don't think she has any idea how she wants to sound (the result is those awkward Instagram videos). When you do something in repetition, you generally see gradual improvements.. Britney hasn't used her voice consistently for the best part of 17/18 years, so she has a lot of catching up to do.

11 minutes ago, Arckangel said:

Britney has got to understand those people hold her in high affection, and it’s not “just another day” to them, so her demeanour is knowingly unkind and spiteful. There’s no reason to do meet and greets if you’re fussy about people touching you! I've got a pal whose first group photo she ever did was a team-building kind of thing during one of her first proper jobs; the professional photographer asked her and other co-workers to all put arms around one another. 

@Freakshow__ @The Greatest Show @HairFlipQueen @2K16NEY @koballo @3Pney @pgl @jokobitch

Look I am with you @Arckangel and am still trying to see all sides of this and not be completely nasty about Britney, but yes I can't disagree with the things you say.

And the guy from Dublin who made a youtube video about his (negative) experience did indeed wear a 'Meet and Greet' lanyard, so I can totally see how it's confusing to people. Even putting that to one side, let's say it is just a 'photo op' - there are countless pics online of Britney hugging her fans, doing silly poses and looking like she's having great fun with them so why wouldn't a lot of fans believe that they'll experience that too? It's the inconsistency that is upsetting too. And even those that had a good experience - like Abbie (sorry can't remember her username) who met her at Birmingham - even she admitted that Britney looked like she didn't want to be there doing them. 

I hate that in the Insta video uploaded of that Freakshow guy being hugged, the caption is basically insinuating that if you get a bad M&G it's definitely YOUR fault and you should have to try harder. Ugh. Where have critical thinking skills gone??!

I can at least admit that some fans possibly come on strong, possibly expect too much, maybe misunderstand the rules or downright ignore them. I even defended Britney laughing at Marta at first saying it could be a nervous reaction! I try to look at all angles to be fair. But this does all add up to Britney having a sense of entitlement and rudeness towards people and being enabled and worshipped by those around her.

Guest Arckangel
18 minutes ago, Iexpectyouto said:

That literally says photo op. Not meet and greet. 

It literally says: "Meet & Greet Package", and that includes that photo op w/ Britney. And it also includes an "Official Britney Spears VIP Meet & Greet laminate and custom lanyard". 

To meet whom? Britney Spears! To be greeted by whom? Britney Spears and her VIP team!

21 hours ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

She sang her first 4 years mostly live and it sounded better than the records and also she did in carpool and it sounded pretty good so I see why NOT she also did a little in fft but she was not great then

no she didnt go back and watch. there were more live performances then than ever but not most of it.

Archived