The truth about my FFT M&G experience...

Freakshow__

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Jamiea1112 said:

It breaks my heart reading these bad experiences. I’m not making excuses for her as I don’t agree with the way some of you have left your m&gs... but I think her awkward/ anxiousness can come across as rude and disinterested when it may just be her manner. I may just be naive though, so don’t drag. Ha.

Ive had 3 meet and greet experiences and my first time (night with Steve Tyler in WB ball in 2015) I was the only m&g that evening and got to read everything I’d put on a letter, show her a dance routine I did on my bed as a child for a joke & kissed her cheek and hand goodbye. Don’t get me wrong... it was awkward laughs from her and her team... and I was pretty wasted (Vegas and all that... :endit:) but it was one of the best experiences of my life to date.

Fe said to me the next evening it was the first meet and greet she could remember that there was only 1 fan (there were 3 radio competition winners also, however we shall not include them as Fe told me to hang back and let them go in and out in seconds then for me to go in last). :shhh:

Second time was the week of Glory so it was as expected. Kind of fired through one by one and just really got a chance to wish her luck on her VMA performance that weekend and she hugged me and thanked me. 

Third time was on her UK tour last week and she seemed to recognise me (or at least humoured me) from the shirt I wore to the second m&g as she told me she loved it and blue was her favourite colour. She she was like ‘awww yeah. Awesome. Come here for a photo sweetie’ security ruined my experience last week for going crazy at me sticking my fingers behind her and sticking my tongue out. She that made it very tense. But to be fair... I should have asked to do a silly photo since I already had two smiling ones. However it all went so fast. :joanne: 

It’s hard to tell do’s and don’ts as I’m no expert. But I found going in and saying everything you got to say as soon as you turn the corner- no stops. As she pushes you for your photo and once that’s over you’re screwed. You need to get your chat out the way before they rush you into your photo. :tiffhair:

I know there are lots of good experiences and these are drowning in the recent bad ones. 

We know she’s stiff, awkward & let’s face it... security don’t make things easier for fans or britney...  but their argument is that it’s a ‘pre-show photo op’ not a ‘meet and greet’ which I know is complete BS.

Hope my good experiences may give any upcoming m&g’rs feel a bit better as I know it’s been a horror-show recently. But there are good experiences to be taken away if you try not to put too much pressure on it (I know that’s easier said than done!).

I still got the awkward smiles etc so my pictures aren’t the best... but if you go in with no expectations and just say what you want to say all BOOM as you go in... I’m 85% sure (not making a full-proof guarantees with recent experiences :gelis:) that you’ll have a nice enough experience and leave with a smile on your face :bigkiss:

I understand you, buddy! You got lucky that your first meet was only you.

when I had my horrible meeting in Canada I left the country thinking that I should buy another meet and greet to have a good experience on my mind, so that’s what I did. When she came to Brazil later that year I bought the meet and greet for Rio de Janeiro and I knew that I should be low key and etc.

so when I got to the room, I was lucky that she was laughing to her crew and dancing to the song that was being played and that made everything easier. I have to admit that on my first meet and greet i didn’t even thought that she was Britney Spears. Because she was just a little girl in front of me. So when I went to the second one and saw her laughing and everything was easier to see the girl I fell in love with it and made me really happy.

i just went there and ask her if she saw the gifts I gave to Felicia, and she said “yeah they are really beautiful, thank you” and I said “let’s just take a good picture together” and she put her arm on my back without I asking anything. I think I was the only one who got a “hug” that night and was really nice for me at the time.

but again, I don’t think it’s fAir for the fans thAt can’t affourd more than one meet to finally have a good one.

Today I think I should have not buy another one, because as much the second one was nice, it wasn’t easy for me to buy another one in the same year and unfortunately that didn’t change the way I saw everything on a big picture.

anyway, I’m happy that some people have good experiences, I really do, I just don’t feel she is being right being rude for the others because at the end of the day, they are paying for the same experience.

after my second meet and greet I decided that, even if it was better, i should not keep supporting that. So even if she end up coming to Brazil, I don’t even plan to go to a concert. I can’t support that kind of behavior because it’s clearly that it all depends on how she feels on that specific day and that’s unprofessional.

anyway, long post, sorry about that. I just keep thinking about everything lately.

20 hours ago, Freakshow__ said:

After reading so many M&G stories lately i feel really bad for these fans. From the spanish girl to the boy from France. And i feel bad because i can see what they mean since i met Britney on Nov 28th 2011. 

I remember posting here on Exhale about my experience but i wasn't completely honest back then... I just thought it would've been better to pretend it happened something else. But now i'll be completely honest...

188879_139981442845196_283288015_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=ba1b8baf4813eff14cbbc7c2366172a3&oe=5C2F361A

I was the first one in line and i had never seen Britney in concert ever. So i got to meet her live for the first time before the show. When i entered the room and saw her standing there i was so shocked i remember opening my mouth cause i just couldn't believe it and then i covered my face. I was literally SHOCKED. As i was walking to her i was going to hug her but instead she gave me the Tourbook :selenerz: i told her she was my biggest inspiration (i couldn't think of anything else i was shocked) and she did that thing she does when pressing her lips and moves her head up and down :yeaok: They took the photo and that was it. Then i enjoyed the concert but it felt weird. I was dissapointed, she wasn't rude but not very nice either... For some reason i didn't want to tell that to anybody.

Why am i telling this now? I'd like for you guys to be more supportive of other fans. I understand when they said they felt dissapointed or like that guy from France said "heartbroken". Do not blame them. But also... don't blame her. She doesn't have to hug you or even touch you. You paid for a picture and that's exactly what you're getting. If she's feeling good maybe you'll get a little extra. 

At the end of the day you know who she is but she has no idea about who you are...

I'm still a fan even though i feel there was a before and after that day. Growing up i was very insecure and i suffered from depression for so many years and she just made me happier and that's why i will always be a fan, no matter what. 

I got her off that crazy pedestal and i'm happier that way. I genuinely enjoy being part of the Britney army :whatitellu: The end. 

Bold part: I posted some on that thread about the second fan's disappointment and saw a lot of people slamming him. I disagreed with the attitudes that made him sound like an obsessed freak or something, ya know? I bolded that part of your post because that's the way I feel about music. My guess a lot of people are in that boat...my guess is that second fan is also in that boat. It's not some 24/7 obsession imo. This person's music is a crumb of peace that makes me feel better and I acknowledge that and appreciate it. Something like that. 

20 hours ago, Goku said:

most of the fans keep denying the real story. an italian guy said in public she was gorgeous to get likes but in private he dragged her. The fanbase is delusional.

we should not say how those disappointed fans should react, we don't know how it feels to be there and being rejected by your fave, nobody can be prepared at this. :mj:

Exactly. I get the disappointment. Yes, I realize there's talk all over on probably every Britney fansite that might get people prepared that your experience might not be a great one. But these people figure it's worth a gamble anyway. Maybe they'll be one of the lucky ones and come out with a fantastic experience. I'll still use my popped balloon example. I don't think anybody thinks they're gonna come away with a feeling of "oh my goodness, we're best friends now! She even gave me her email address so we could keep in touch! yay!" Or even something like "You need to stay here with me for a few hours and chat!" I think people just want the bare minimum and even that would be called a great experience.

8 minutes ago, Derrick said:

:airpls: WHAAAAAAT? Ties? What does that mean? Friends or like email chain buddies? Lol

I clubbed with Britney, her friends and Larry, I was invited to the Circus GMA performances by her team personally. I was in contact with them regularly, I’m in the Circus Tour book. Also got to go backstage on the Cricus Tour, chilled with her dancers, talked a lot with Fe. We mostly texted and exchanged via txt or emails though but we met (Britney or people around her) a few times. It was fun times! I made these contacts cuz I used to own one of her biggest fan sites a long time ago. So during her hard times, I know how she felt and how she feels about it now. Just remember that Britney is very young for having gone through all she has. People don’t understand because it’s something no one but herself ever experienced.

18 hours ago, pieceof15yearold*loveyall said:

I guess that is about her Chris Brown song and sure that happens to a lot of beginning artists. Kelly Clarkson had to work and release a song with Dr. Luke which she despised from the depths of her heart. But that is why she changed Label and had a fallout with the management there. Britney on the other hand is the one who makes demands, as if Livenation would ask for bad reviews and negative press because of these M+Gs? It was her team suggesting it, she was the one who said yes, thinking it is not a big deal to treat fans like this and here we are talking about nothing but her attitude towards us.

Normally I don´t know that unfamiliar people may have stanned for me their whole life and love me to death, so knowing that I definitely think I would react a bit warmer than "quick pic" and a frosted "Hi"

Again she agreed to do these kind of meetings.

I forgot about Chris Brown too, but I was talking about Flame. She is a no beginning artist, she had released two albums prior to that song and had already been established, to a certain point. Britney isn't in control of her career completely, how do you all even forget that.

Of course, it's easy for you to say that, that you would react in a warmer and more pleasant way. But you aren't Britney, are you? Do you really think, being in her state, it would be that easy to travel so much and meet so many people night after night. You are different, and like I already said, you just can't know how she truly feels. And hence I'm completely stunned that some people here feel like they have the right to judge her for that, for not being able to control her anxiety and nervousness. It's just sick and disgusting.

On 8/30/2018 at 12:16 PM, STJ said:

Even before Marta Malaria's breakdown story, there were already stories of fans crying after their M&G and fans being disappointed, or when they asked her for a hug, she rudely replied, "Quick pic", but people on here don't seem to be aware of those stories or they conveniently ignore those stories and blame it on fans' expectations.  

Anyway, your pic is nice, you got a pic of her before she changed her face (or before someone made a new clone of her). 

Yeah. It's good to have this information beforehand. Maybe she'll be extra nice, maybe she won't, maybe she'll have a bad day. If she was to hug and be super nice and happy with every single fan she meets during her Meet & Greets she'd go nuts. Having said that, I don't think she should be doing those Meet & Greets at all in the first place if they make her so uncomfortable.

On 8/30/2018 at 9:36 AM, Freakshow__ said:

After reading so many M&G stories lately i feel really bad for these fans. From the spanish girl to the boy from France. And i feel bad because i can see what they mean since i met Britney on Nov 28th 2011. 

I remember posting here on Exhale about my experience but i wasn't completely honest back then... I just thought it would've been better to pretend it happened something else. But now i'll be completely honest...

188879_139981442845196_283288015_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=ba1b8baf4813eff14cbbc7c2366172a3&oe=5C2F361A

I was the first one in line and i had never seen Britney in concert ever. So i got to meet her live for the first time before the show. When i entered the room and saw her standing there i was so shocked i remember opening my mouth cause i just couldn't believe it and then i covered my face. I was literally SHOCKED. As i was walking to her i was going to hug her but instead she gave me the Tourbook :selenerz: i told her she was my biggest inspiration (i couldn't think of anything else i was shocked) and she did that thing she does when pressing her lips and moves her head up and down :yeaok: They took the photo and that was it. Then i enjoyed the concert but it felt weird. I was dissapointed, she wasn't rude but not very nice either... For some reason i didn't want to tell that to anybody.

Why am i telling this now? I'd like for you guys to be more supportive of other fans. I understand when they said they felt dissapointed or like that guy from France said "heartbroken". Do not blame them. But also... don't blame her. She doesn't have to hug you or even touch you. You paid for a picture and that's exactly what you're getting. If she's feeling good maybe you'll get a little extra. 

At the end of the day you know who she is but she has no idea about who you are...

I'm still a fan even though i feel there was a before and after that day. Growing up i was very insecure and i suffered from depression for so many years and she just made me happier and that's why i will always be a fan, no matter what. 

I got her off that crazy pedestal and i'm happier that way. I genuinely enjoy being part of the Britney army :whatitellu: The end. 

Thank you so much for this. You are totally right. We should all be more supportive with fans and even more with Britney. You're picture is very nice, even though it was maybe not what you expected, it is still a nice memory :) 

1 minute ago, Harlow said:

Thank you so much for this. You are totally right. We should all be more supportive with fans and even more with Britney. You're picture is very nice, even though it was maybe not what you expected, it is still a nice memory :) 

It seems to me like you're one of the few who got what i meant... Maybe it was my poor english :ohdear:

And what really bothers me is that this is not what some singers do for their fans. 

And when you greet them it's not short, they take their time, ask you how you are doing, if you enjoyed their show (and listen to the reply) and also if you give them something they say thank you and mean it. When I once gave the Backstreet boys just a candy bar each they all said thank you, and I was like "you're welcome" (heck I just wanted to bring them something and couldn't think of anything else) and I said it quickly but then Kevin sort of stopped me, looked me in the eyes and said "No, THANK you." It was as if I gave him a gold bar instead of a candy bar, but it just proves how much they care about their fans. Such a nice moment and the meet and greet is still short, but it is enough for them to wear props the fans bring, look at stuff, have a few jokes. 

Hugs, kisses, and genuine CARE. 

On 8/30/2018 at 3:36 AM, Freakshow__ said:

Thank you sharing this. It’s nice to see the compassionate side of this forum too!

Archived