Another Day Another Drama. Fan Writes Lengthy Letter Detailing Britney Meet & Greet Experience In Paris

Harlow

On 8/29/2018 at 5:33 PM, Osprey1464 said:

People keep saying he had his expectations too high but, reading his report about the M&G he clearly didn't. He said he knew that it would be very quick and rushed and he wouldn't have time to say what he wanted to say to her, hence him putting it all down in a letter. I think all he expected (and what anyone would expect) was just a bit of common courtesy/decency and politeness from Britney. That isn't too much to ask. It must be horrible to be so looking forward to meeting your idol only for them to not even look at you or say hello, to be so cold and ignore you and talk to someone else whilst he was there for his few seconds with her. He probably shouldn't have bothered asking to be her "victim" for Freak Show but I guess he thought there was no harm in asking, what you don't ask for you don't get, etc. Britney's response to him about that was just not on. Downright rude and dismissive behaviour!

Thank you. I’ve seen over a dozen people here blaming THE FAN because he had such “crazy, unrealistic expectations.”

In fact, his expectations were embarrassingly low for the money spent and shows just how low we have set the bar for Britney. He wanted less than five seconds of her even pretending to care about his presence, and to receive a friendly, or at the very least, respectful greeting. Those are basic expectations we have when encountering ANY human being, from a fast-food worker to a stranger you just met.

For reference, I do not believe Britney is mentally stable and that is absolutely not her fault. However, I work with severely mentally ill people for a living, and evaluated over 550 clients last year. With the exception of maybe half a dozen patients who were actively psychotic and suffering from extreme paranoia, and one young man with the most severe antisocial personality disorder I’ve ever encountered, not one of those 500+ clients have failed to greet me with a “hello,” handshake and eye contact, if not an actual smile. And these individuals are so ill they can’t conduct basic activities of daily living, including obtaining/maintaining employment. 

Thus, despite absolutely believing she needs intensive treatment and substantial recovery time for her mental health, I resent the fact that we assume the millions of people suffering from mental illness will result in them behaving rudely and disrespectfully toward their fellow human beings. I believe the behavior she has displayed on this tour, on and off stage, is symptomatic of extreme fame, her particularly unusual situation, and the egocentricity that accompanies it. She has been in a bubble for her entire life and doesn’t ever truly interact with other humans unless they are famous or part of the team that simultaneously controls her excessively whilst also placating to her every whim. I realized just how out-of-touch she’s become when reading about the manner in which she treated the seamstresses at Planet Hollywood. Behaving that way towards them had nothing to do with mania or depression, but simply entitlement and ignorance.

And honestly, it really saddens me to say any of this, because I have always loved her personality nearly as much as her music. I was always so impressed with how humble she had remained throughout her prime. Having grown up with her, it’s hard to reconcile the realities of these two vastly different Britneys.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Super Mods

I think it’s just wrong that her team just ignores her mental health and throws her into work. She should have never done Circus and should have taken that time to heal properly and seek medical help. I know she did but I felt like it was not intensive enough. I mean Larry was the one that instigated the whole album and tour. She has a lot to go through and for someone who is under a conservatorship and is pressured to work because she has people that depend on her to is a lot to handle. I mean I can understand if she is like in kfed’s situation but it’s like even if she doesn’t feel unwell, she has to still work and it takes a toll. Putting her on vacations is just a temporary fix. They should’ve not done the tour and just let her take a break. Marilyn Monroe was like this too, social media didn’t exist back then but if it was it would have been the exact same thing so should we unstan all of our idols that gave us a bad experience? 

I feel very sorry for this guy, too. His story is heartbreaking. But haven't we learned anything from 2007? It's obvious that she doesn't enjoy Meet and Greets. We all know that she is not legally entitled to decide not to do them, she probably has to. So why are we even putting her in the situation to do something she doesn't want by paying and going for it? We are hurting her, even us fans hurt her. At least us fans should love her unconditionally in my opinion. Britney had to learn the hard way not to make everybody else happy. This is why we are usually cheering for her. So let's not get mad at her for trying to survive.

Guest Arckangel
2 hours ago, Beccy said:

I feel very sorry for this guy, too. His story is heartbreaking. But haven't we learned anything from 2007? It's obvious that she doesn't enjoy Meet and Greets. We all know that she is not legally entitled to decide not to do them, she probably has to. So why are we even putting her in the situation to do something she doesn't want by paying and going for it? We are hurting her, even us fans hurt her. At least us fans should love her unconditionally in my opinion. Britney had to learn the hard way not to make everybody else happy. This is why we are usually cheering for her. So let's not get mad at her for trying to survive.

I don't think so, considering the way she cancelled Marta's photo op altogether—and there's nothing her team could do to change her mind! They cannot physically force her to do them. She should have pulled the plug on those meet and greets years ago already.

11 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

I think it’s just wrong that her team just ignores her mental health and throws her into work. She should have never done Circus and should have taken that time to heal properly and seek medical help. I know she did but I felt like it was not intensive enough. I mean Larry was the one that instigated the whole album and tour. She has a lot to go through and for someone who is under a conservatorship and is pressured to work because she has people that depend on her to is a lot to handle. I mean I can understand if she is like in kfed’s situation but it’s like even if she doesn’t feel unwell, she has to still work and it takes a toll. Putting her on vacations is just a temporary fix. They should’ve not done the tour and just let her take a break. Marilyn Monroe was like this too, social media didn’t exist back then but if it was it would have been the exact same thing so should we unstan all of our idols that gave us a bad experience? 

Circus was needed to show the court she was able to keep consistency and be responsible for custody at the time. 

Circus was needed but after FF shouldn’t have happen for a long time. Britney should have enjoyed her family and rested and got major therapy

It's heart-breaking to read about this. It's something you wouldn't want to live with your idol. But as fans, we all know what Britney's been through, and you can instantly tell how she feels daily just by looking at her performances. Sometimes she needs to feel safe three times more than an average person, and she frightens easily.

My experience back in 2011 was surprisingly good. After giving the usual backstage tour, Felicia told the M&G group how the meeting was supposed to happen and she suggested us what to do. We were advised to greet Britney, introduce ourselves and tell her something meaningful. That was all we could get from her, and I think this still applies to this era's M&Gs. :shhh:

I'll never forget what Felicia told us: “you've seen Britney for years and you know many things about her, but please bear in mind she doesn't know you at all”. When I first saw Britney in the flesh, I was obviously starstruck and I greeted her from the door with a loud “Hi Britneyyyy!”. I could tell by her eyes she was getting cold feet, and I just took Felicia's advices. I took my time to tell Britney what any other fan would say to his/her idol, and she was genuinely kind and sweet to me (as we always read about her). Then, when Britney felt it was time to take the photo, she gave the photographer a nod and she hugged me. I was too speechless to say something and I just waved goodbye to her.

Maybe I was just lucky, but I wasn't expecting anything from Britney and I did respect her boundaries.

18 hours ago, LostInAnImage said:

Thank you. I’ve seen over a dozen people here blaming THE FAN because he had such “crazy, unrealistic expectations.”

In fact, his expectations were embarrassingly low for the money spent and shows just how low we have set the bar for Britney. He wanted less than five seconds of her even pretending to care about his presence, and to receive a friendly, or at the very least, respectful greeting. Those are basic expectations we have when encountering ANY human being, from a fast-food worker to a stranger you just met.

For reference, I do not believe Britney is mentally stable and that is absolutely not her fault. However, I work with severely mentally ill people for a living, and evaluated over 550 clients last year. With the exception of maybe half a dozen patients who were actively psychotic and suffering from extreme paranoia, and one young man with the most severe antisocial personality disorder I’ve ever encountered, not one of those 500+ clients have failed to greet me with a “hello,” handshake and eye contact, if not an actual smile. And these individuals are so ill they can’t conduct basic activities of daily living, including obtaining/maintaining employment. 

Thus, despite absolutely believing she needs intensive treatment and substantial recovery time for her mental health, I resent the fact that we assume the millions of people suffering from mental illness will result in them behaving rudely and disrespectfully toward their fellow human beings. I believe the behavior she has displayed on this tour, on and off stage, is symptomatic of extreme fame, her particularly unusual situation, and the egocentricity that accompanies it. She has been in a bubble for her entire life and doesn’t ever truly interact with other humans unless they are famous or part of the team that simultaneously controls her excessively whilst also placating to her every whim. I realized just how out-of-touch she’s become when reading about the manner in which she treated the seamstresses at Planet Hollywood. Behaving that way towards them had nothing to do with mania or depression, but simply entitlement and ignorance.

And honestly, it really saddens me to say any of this, because I have always loved her personality nearly as much as her music. I was always so impressed with how humble she had remained throughout her prime. Having grown up with her, it’s hard to reconcile the realities of these two vastly different Britneys.

I'm so glad you posted on here, I always love hearing your insights! Is it actually a recognised mental/personality disorder when people who are extremely famous become like this? Is it a particular type of narcissism? I find it so interesting. Also, do you think her wearing her black coat is relevant? I wonder whether she uses it to keep a physical barrier between her and the fans.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2018 at 8:00 PM, Arckangel said:

Why is Britney doing those meet and greets, then? It can't be a contractual obligation. The way I see it, it's just a money grab (not just for Brit but her entire team + K-Fed always demanding more).

All famous people do meet and greets... even YouTubers. Why shouldn't she? 

Okay, yes, these meet and greets are not very good, they are rushed, there's too much people having to go through in a short amount of time, and Britney does not feel connected to most of the fans, not is she excited to meet as many.

BUT HONESTLY BE A MAN AND DON'T ACT SO DRAMATIC

These people crying, writing lenghty blogs about it, making youtube video reactions,... sorry but you guys are just ridiculous. Just get over it already. I can understand you had expected more but stop taking it so ******** personal.

Archived