That Britney is gone in terms of personality?

Those who say it's normal to change, yes of course it's normal to change, the thing is she literally seems like a DIFFERENT person. People hardly ever change thát much. I mean her whole being changed, she even lost talents like dancing. She doesn't even move like she used to. Sometimes you'd almost think she had electroshock therapy or literally has been cloned lol.

• Like 6
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will always hate that **** for doing that to her. That was so hard to watch

I totally agree, she’s really become a different person. But that’s not a bad thing. I’m not the same person I was 10 years ago. Let’s just enjoy what she gave us during her career at the time, but it

Aww this was the Britney I grew up loving!  So many fab memories, i was 11 when BOMT came ouT. Used to love watching interviews like this 

4 minutes ago, WilderWein said:

Those who say it's normal to change, yes of course it's normal to change, the thing is she literally seems like a DIFFERENT person. People hardly ever change thát much. I mean her whole being changed, she even lost talents like dancing. She doesn't even move like she used to. Sometimes you'd almost think she had electroshock therapy or literally has been cloned lol.

When she started she was idolized by a lot of people, I think she was a bit naive like everyone would have been in her position. She had big dreams. Then she started being criticized for her sexualized image, people she thought were her friends took advantage of her, every move she made was scrutinized, criticized, every word she said was mocked. To me she went too big, too high and fell too hard, she wasn't prepared. 

For her attitude on stage that's another story, I don't even know if she really wants to be on stage sometimes, and I think at some point no one in her team was pushing her to do better so she did whatever she wanted. 

So yes for her attitude towards the GP, I think with everything that happened and her maturity it's normal she changed. For her performances on stage, it's very sad to witness that because that's part of the job. 

• Like 2

Yes, Britney was more care free and had different priorities, and her team used to regularly say she never hid anything and was incredibly open....

...and then she had a mental breakdown, that was the cover of every newspaper and magazine at the time for two years, and two kids. 

We never see Britney in situations that aren't controlled anymore, and when we do, we see this Britney. That's the point of the control, its so she has privacy to be herself. That's it in the simplest way.

• Like 1

That person is definitely gone, she is a whole different person now. And not just because ''people change'' as some people in this thread claim. Hollywood and her breakdown took that part of her personality away and we will probably never see it again. However, we should be grateful that she is still alive and is making music! 2008 could have ended in a much worse way...

• Like 4

As Britney said said in For The Record, the time phase starting with Kevin until her being hospitalized early 2008 had made her grow up the hard way. She suffered from a LOT during that time, she was taken advantage of, she completely lost her way and seeked in people who only looked for their own good, not for the good for Britney. Let's be real, after everything she has been through during that time -- wouldn't that make you grow up the hard way and maybe eventually never really show who you really are under the public eye? As she says, she feels completely disconnected with the persona nowadays she portraits for the media and general public. There is the private Miss Britney Spears who is funny, silly and loves her kids as much as nothing else. And then there is the public Miss Britney Spears who still jumps around in dessous over the stage singing to her '99 vocals of Baby One More Time because this is what the GP always was used to from her, this **** show girl, Miss American Dream (since she was 17). Britney changed, Britney grew up and she realized that this whole showbiz thing is probably not what she really wants anymore and you can feel it in the way her team but also her treats her legacy. She'd rather sing Country classics like Something To Talk About and live on a ranch in Louisiana but there is no way she will be able to reach that, also because if the c-ship. We must accept the fact that the Britney, who is incredibly open and loved dancing and performing on stage, being in the spotlight and wanting to actually leave a legacy in the pop industry, was brutally murdered from 2005 to 2008 by the paps and the GP. As Britney said, she grew up and that is something we have to learn to accept and be grateful for the few moments like with Something To Talk About where she actually unconditionally enjoys being up there on stage or when she talks about her album Glory like it is her third child. These are the moments we should live for and stan Britney for and learn to appreciate this grown up woman. 

• Like 3

It’s what happens when you hate your job. The only thing she cares about is her boys and Sam. She’s over the business and her fans. No doubt she would retire if she could but with the c-ship, Kevin, and all the people she employes it’s no wonder she just does the bare minimum. Her legacy is her past work and she’ll always be remembered for that much... good thing it was iconic.

• Like 3

The Britney now is a whole different person, I rarely see any glimpses of the old Britney in her now... which is odd. By 36 years old, most people are wiser and calmer and more mature, are able to hold conversations better and speak more confidently and she is the complete opposite. She grows more anxious and shy with age, which is certainly not normal. Her vocab seems way more limited now than when she was younger and she seems very odd.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, 2K16NEY said:

The Britney now is a whole different person, I rarely see any glimpses of the old Britney in her now... which is odd. By 36 years old, most people are wiser and calmer and more mature, are able to hold conversations better and speak more confidently and she is the complete opposite. She grows more anxious and shy with age, which is certainly not normal. Her vocab seems way more limited now than when she was younger and she seems very odd.

Depends on what you go through. If you have untreated traumas, your behavior will get worse with age. If you live a sheltered life with great human contact, love, security, etc... barely any drama, then you will mellow out and be a stable adult. An abused dog will likely still bite every now and then no matter how much love it receives after. No rest for Brit, so no hope for partial recovery either. 

Yes, she’s gone. That’s okay though. Time moves forward, not backwards. It’s sad, but it was also a beautiful time and I’m happy we can still experience it through the power of video lol!  

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Dirk said:

people change, but what u think, she still has that element with her? we barely know her at this point.

Stages is my favorite Britney documentary. I relate(d) to her so much. This is the Britney I love. Tbh I started noticing her changing during ITZ, but still love that era, too.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, JumpedOverDrama said:

Stages is my favorite Britney documentary. I relate(d) to her so much. This is the Britney I love. Tbh I started noticing her changing during ITZ, but still love that era, too.

Yeah, during Stages she was starting to get bad publicity because of Justin, also she looks tired and very emotional, but still humble.

After that break she got a **** off attitude recording ITZ and partying, she was a hyper, cool chick, liberating herself she was starting to look tired of the business, and the rest you know after the Onyx Hotel.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, STJ said:

Usually, people talk more as they get older. For Britney, it's the reverse, she's quieter nowadays and only say a few lines or one word; "Really cool", "Yeah", "Very interesting", "That's cool".  It's like she had amnesia or something, and a new personality formed.

Sometimes I feel the same. I have a very vivid memory of 21 year old Britney listing her favorite foods and sushi was one of them. Then yeaaaars later, early 30's Britney did an interview talking about how she'd recently tried sushi and loved it despite thinking she hated it before. I feel like I've noticed little things like this a lot over the years?? But she recently said she likes to forget the past.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Dirk said:

Yeah, during Stages she was starting to get bad publicity because of Justin, also she looks tired and very emotional, but still humble.

After that break she got a **** off attitude recording ITZ and partying, she was a hyper, cool chick, liberating herself she was starting to look tired of the business, and the rest you know after the Onyx Hotel.

Yep -- she would clap back at interviewers (sometimes I would feel sorry for them tbh lol) and like you said, she got really hyper. Started to completely rebel. Chaotic was so all over the place and probably the worst career decision she made at that point.

It definitely is. Not sure if you were around back then, but before For the record came out- we had all these weird Britney interviews where she was so nervous and terrified and we all thought the old Britney was gone. Then FTR came out and evrybody saw that her silly self was still there...She just has a more difficult time expressing it in regular interviews.