Does britney sing the chorus in oops I did it again

Oprah Winfrey.

This has Interested me for a while today while listening to oops on repeat I noticed that there's 2 voices singing the chorus there's soft vocals from britney then deep powerful vocals from another woman as I continued to listen I noticed in the second and third chorus britney's girly soft vocals are absent and whats left is this  other deep voice which doesn't  sound anything like her previous verses. That being said britney has always been known to be a vocal actress able to change the pitch of her voice depending on the song so the other voice we hear could very well be britney's own deep and bold background vocals . Has anyone have any idea on who the other singer in the chorus is and has anyone else wondered this.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just commented on another thread about the Myah Jean situation, how I've always heard Britney, until I just recently bought some wireless earphones, now suddenly all the songs sound different, like background vocals or sounds that weren't inaudible before or not as strong, are now very present (like Work ***** having the background vocals higher than Britney in some parts)

I also mentioned how OIDIA sounds different too. You can barely hear Britney, especially in the last chorus. I noticed especially with Oops, 'cause it's my favorite song and I've been listening to it for almost 20 years, and the first time I listened to it with my new earphones I immediately noticed the change. I really don't know how those configurations work, about the channels or layers or whatever audio files are composed of. 

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

I just commented on another thread about the Myah Jean situation, how I've always heard Britney, until I just recently bought some wireless earphones, now suddenly all the songs sound different, like background vocals or sounds that weren't inaudible before or not as strong, are now very present (like Work ***** having the background vocals higher than Britney in some parts)

I also mentioned how OIDIA sounds different too. You can barely hear Britney, especially in the last chorus. I noticed especially with Oops, 'cause it's my favorite song and I've been listening to it for almost 20 years, and the first time I listened to it with my new earphones I immediately noticed the change. I really don't know how those configurations work, about the channels or layers or whatever audio files are composed of. 

What kind of wireless. Like expensive or can I go buy $20 pair to see if I hear this difference?

20 minutes ago, ToxicMadLove said:

What kind of wireless. Like expensive or can I go buy $20 pair to see if I hear this difference?

Not that expensive, well, they were like $35, they're from the brand Syllable lol I don't know how good they are supposed to be, but they're the kind that is truly wireless, they connect via bluetooth between each other.

I've had other "wireless" headphones before, but they're like, they're not attached to the phone or device, that's the wireless part, but they do have a wire connecting them to each other (that kept breaking after a while like any normal headphones). With those I didn't notice a big difference compared to my old, conventional headphones I use with my computer. But ever since I got these, all the songs sound different, not only Britney's of course, and I kinda see why people so heartfully say Myah Marie is louder in most of Britney Jean songs, because I did starting noticing it in WB final bridge. 

And it's not necessarily that the quality is better, I just think the channels are different, well I don't know if that's the term, because yeah, there are new sounds I didn't hear before, or not so clear, but other sounds and vocals that used be more noticeable, aren't anymore. 

And it also reminded me of some guy in here that claimed if you connected your headphones mid way, like not all the way in, you could hear Myah Marie :gimmemoar:  

Britney has always been the main focus in a massive collection of other vioces, giving us the signature “Britney vocals” we all love. That’s why she doesn’t sing live, and I love her to death, but she is for the most part, incapable of reproducing live what we hear in her songs. But really, this kinda goes for any pop star. That’s how they’re made. 

1 hour ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

Britney has always been the main focus in a massive collection of other vioces, giving us the signature “Britney vocals” we all love. That’s why she doesn’t sing live, and I love her to death, but she is for the most part, incapable of reproducing live what we hear in her songs. But really, this kinda goes for any pop star. That’s how they’re made. 

I couldn't have said it better by myself 

Lol stop. Every single song or so uses background vocals from backup singers other than the actual singer. Like a choir thing. Like you can hear Kesha in the original TTWE, or Gaga in Quicksand, or Sia in Perfume. The vocals are drowned in the background but they’re there.

Britney sings the entire chorus, there use to be an acapella of Oops with only Britney vocals. Im sure its on youtube somewhere.

Britney didn't get lazy in the studio until In The Zone, thats the first album where Britney doesnt have background vocals on every song.

Archived