What was the peak of your Standom?

BritneysBitch82

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember the exact moment I began to stan. It was when I was watching the ABC special. Never before had I been so in awe of someone’s ability to dance and really feel the music. You can tell she was full of passion and it made me feel powerful just to watch her move. 

Every time I watch a POM performance I die a little inside. 

1 hour ago, Chris87 said:

We were recording this video on VCR and replying it all over until the tape was broken and learning the choreo and dancing it in our neighborhood :crying1: oh how I miss those times.. 

current teenagers could never... :tifftear:

Teenagers today will never understand. Having tapes dedicated to Britney and then a family member accidentally taping over them. Having to actually hunt for music videos. Sit up late at night hoping they would play. And being surprised by album releases. Just walking into a store and theres a new album. :crying1:miss the 90s  

Just now, BritneysBitch82 said:

Teenagers today will never understand. Having tapes dedicated to Britney and then a family member accidentally taping over them. Having to actually hunt for music videos. Sit up late at night hoping they would play. And being surprised by album releases. Just walking into a store and theres a new album. :crying1:miss the 90s  

oh my god, yes!!!! information flow was so delayed between USA and Europe.. I didnt have VCR so we always were going to my friend's home and we were waiting for MTV to play sometimes or crazy :tiffanycries::tiffanycries::tiffanycries:

39 minutes ago, Chris87 said:

oh my god, yes!!!! information flow was so delayed between USA and Europe.. I didnt have VCR so we always were going to my friend's home and we were waiting for MTV to play sometimes or crazy :tiffanycries::tiffanycries::tiffanycries:

Lol im from South Africa, so was even worse. I think i only got the Sometimes video in 2003. But i miss my tapes. I had the DWAD live in vegas show unedited with the orignal audio and angles. I tossed it when i got the dvd and realized only afterwards that it was better

19 hours ago, BritneysBitch82 said:

Lol im from South Africa, so was even worse. I think i only got the Sometimes video in 2003. But i miss my tapes. I had the DWAD live in vegas show unedited with the orignal audio and angles. I tossed it when i got the dvd and realized only afterwards that it was better

OMG, wow! :bow:

I also had all her articles and pictures from all magazines.. was cutting them and putting to special notebooks. At one point I threw them all away :tiffsniffle:I would die to see them now :tiffanycries:

2 minutes ago, Chris87 said:

OMG, wow! :bow:

I also had all her articles and pictures from all magazines.. was cutting them and putting to special notebooks. At one point I throw them all away :tiffsniffle:I would die to see them now :tiffanycries:

Hahahahah same!! I have one left though. But there's so many memories attached to some of the pics. The stories behind them. :wontcry:cant i please go back?!!

The peak of my standom has and always will be the DWAD tour. Cute story for y'all...

My parents got me the "Live in Las Vegas" VHS for Christmas in 2002. My entire family watched it on Christmas morning and I was completely in awe. I had been a fan before that but watching that show really cemented my life-long love for her music. I wore that VHS out and I still watch it every Christmas as tradition (upgraded to the DVD, of course)!

I also wrote out the lyrics to the entire "Britney" album on construction paper and handed them out at school during recess. :orangu: That flawless promotion was worth all of the bullying I endured LOL.

Anyways, that was when I really became a stan and through the ups and downs, I've never looked back.

I knew Britney because my mom had BOMT and OIDA, but I became a fan when I first heard Gimme More, I remember I felt something inexplicable, I couldn't stop listening and I felt the need to hear all of her songs, and then I discovered Blackout and became a stan. 

2 hours ago, ItsBraydenBitch said:

The peak of my standom has and always will be the DWAD tour. Cute story for y'all...

My parents got me the "Live in Las Vegas" VHS for Christmas in 2002. My entire family watched it on Christmas morning and I was completely in awe. I had been a fan before that but watching that show really cemented my life-long love for her music. I wore that VHS out and I still watch it every Christmas as tradition (upgraded to the DVD, of course)!

I also wrote out the lyrics to the entire "Britney" album on construction paper and handed them out at school during recess. :orangu: That flawless promotion was worth all of the bullying I endured LOL.

Anyways, that was when I really became a stan and through the ups and downs, I've never looked back.

Lmao adorable 

7 minutes ago, BritneysBitch82 said:

The song that was just flawless to you. Where she achieved perfection, as far as you were concerned, and didn't need to release anything else.

Ohhh okay!! The instagram thing didnt show before so it was even more confusing to me. 

My pick is “Slave”! But I am glad she did release more since it was so early in her career.

1 minute ago, WilderWein said:

Ohhh okay!! The instagram thing didnt show before so it was even more confusing to me. 

My pick is “Slave”! But I am glad she did release more since it was so early in her career.

Yeah, i know i said Gimme More. And it truly is my favorite pop song of all time. But Slave was flawless. The song, the promos, she achieved perfection then

I was 10 years old during the Oops era and although I was definitely a huge fan during BOMT, Oops is when I started cutting out pictures for my wall, buying the books and dolls, recording all her appearances on VHS, copping the Britney school supplies lol, she was everywhere! I even had an inflatable Britney chair, a blue glitter Britney hairbrush set, wall calendar, diary, everything you could imagine.

My first big concert was the OIDIA tour and I think that's what did it for me. Every era since then, I've been hooked, especially the Britney era. She was on fire and every little thing she did was a pop culture event. I kinda got less interested around FF (still went to see her on tour, though!) and I really don't think I've listened to every song on Britney Jean all the way through. :gross:  I loved Glory though and even through the years, BJ era included, I've never stopped following Britney the person. That's my girl, y'all :tysm:

Archived