Britney's been a flop since the "Britney" album?

CharlieBlue8

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, brit4u1998 said:

Not this 'the third album was a flop' argument thing.

There are things people need to take into account.

-It was her third album after two HUGE albums!

-She released three albums in a row!

-The radio ban really affected her sales.

-Her image change.

-She was a bit overexposed by late 2001.

-The critics and soundscan info from November and December of 2001 (2.92 million copies) didn't include sales from 2002 and after.

:staysalty:

3 hours ago, Poe Dameron said:

Sorry hon, but what Britney did was prove that Celines success was not a fluke, that a charting artist can have a residency and be relevant on the charts. This article doesn't even mention Celines album successes. I believ even her last french album, which didn't get worldwide release, outsold Glory. As much as i stan Brit, Celine did it better. She had multiple renewals of her residency and changed the entire show every time. She also managed to tour and promote her albums with shows that were totally different to her vegas shows between breaks in vegas. Yes Britney brought a lot of young interest to Vegas, and she can be credited for making it cool but The stigma surrounding residencies was removed by Celine. She took the risk, she changed the face of Vegas. Britney reinforced it. Btw Brit and Celine are my idols so its not easy choosing between the two. But here, Celine wins

6 hours ago, BritneysBitch82 said:

You cant credit Britney for vegas. Celine was the first artist who was still peaking who decided to do a residency. It was a huge gamble for her career. But she pulled it off. When Britney came, and had success, she proved that  a vegas residency was not for retiring singers

Isn’t what we’re arguing that britney came in and showed it’s not for retiring singers and influenced other artists that had this fear to get on board? :whatitellu:

13 hours ago, Complication said:

This is a major point. Slave should have been huge at the time but the ban prevented it.

They also did that to Janet after the Superbowl and she started flopping majorly even though the singles from Damita Jo were gearing up to be big, the media ban destroyed any chance of success. 

The industry can be extremely cruel if you piss off the higher-ups.

how did Britney piss off the higher ups again?

9 minutes ago, HuffingAndPuffingOnStage said:

how did Britney piss off the higher ups again?

She / her team dumped Clear Channel Entertainment and got Pepsi as a tour sponsor instead. She'd always been with CCE up until that point. They owned all the big radio media and got revenge by putting a block on her radio play.

Clear Channel is now iHeart.

1 minute ago, Complication said:

She / her team dumped Clear Channel Entertainment and got Pepsi as a tour sponsor instead. She'd always been with CCE up until that point. They owned all the big radio media and got revenge by putting a block on her radio play.

Clear Channel is now iHeart.

interesting! pretty cool how everyone still knows Slave 4 U even if it was blocked from the radio

20 hours ago, CharlieBlue8 said:

Celine started the young go to vegas thing.  She was like the same age as Britney when she started there.  The fanbase thinks other people think that because...we live in a bubble.  :imcute:

Britney is the first POP STAR who started as a teen star to move to Vegas... it was a much bigger gamble for her that I feel wad planned for MANY years before it happened

I wouldn’t say she’s been a flop in the slightest!! 

Shes still around. She still gets all this attention. She sells. 

Thats hardly a flop! Baby/oops were her prime because it was a moment in time teeny pop music era and then she grew - she was out of that market. She wouldn’t of been able to stay a teeny bubblegum pop act forever. 

I think she has done amazingly well!! 

Her only fault has been her miming and dance skills. 

Archived