The Official Britney Spears 'Piece Of Me' Tour Thread: Berlin, Germany

Prince Ali

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello all, last week I've attended my 1st Britney Spears concert ever in Berlin. ? I would like to share with you my story because I also enjoy reading other people's experiences. 

First of all, I come from a small country in Eastern Europe and Britney's never had a concert here. In January, when I heard that she will be having a small tour across Europe I decided that this was my chance, especially since she rarely tours around Europe nowadays. Honestly it was a decision I took one night before the ticket sale was going to start.

I have decided to go to the Berlin date because a) I've been there before b) I don't enjoy flying ? (something I have in common with Britney lol) :quirkney: so Berlin was the shortest flight from my place haha. I asked my sister if she would join me and she agreed, especially since she also likes Britney (but not necessarily checking YouTube videos, photos, interviews like me). When the tickets went on sale I remember exactly it was 11 AM in my country and the ticket site had crashed. At that point I didn't know if I could buy tickets. After about 20 min. I tried again but there were few tickets left and I chose some tickets parallel to the stage even though they were very high. Still, they were good for 64 EUR. ?

Of course I connected this Berlin trip with some travelling and on 6th of August it was concert time (10 days before my birthday). ? Because I stayed in a hotel very close to the arena (50 m away) I could easily see what was happening outside. The morning started with a few fans gathering outside the arena. It was pretty hot that day and they were trying to stay in the shade as much as possible. I could see them taking turns in going to cafes or restrooms and so on. After lunch I was staying outside the terrace and watched the street in front of me because all cars/buses were passing through that street to go to the arena. Of course, I was looking after SUVs thinking I might spot Britney but no chance ?. Around 3 PM I spotted 3 black buses and something like nightliner.co.uk was written on them. I figured that the dancers should be in them since they would be coming from Brighton and so it was. At that point I left my coffee lol and started walking towards the parking lot in the back of the arena to see who was in the buses. About 2-3 people started running towards the parking lot but the others either didn't see the buses, either didn't want to lose their spot in the queue. I went in the back of the arena but the parking lot was fenced so we were about 7-8 people watching through the fence. We could barely see but yes, the dancers exited the bus. I could only see the curly one (ajadepaolo). I remember I thought to myself: "Wow, that's a lot of time until showtime and here they are." I really understood that it was not just about 1.5 h work per day, it's definitely much more. At that point I saw them as real people lol who were also quite possibly tired, hungry etc and I could see what their day was like (eg. having to be at the event location many hours before and so on). Anyway, I couldn't believe I saw them arriving. Seeing that the parking lot was fenced I went back to my hotel room because I knew Britney would be even more difficult to spot and even more guarded. 

The doors were officially opening at 6 PM and we were there around 5.20 PM. As we waited outside I enjoyed the atmosphere, seeing so many fans together - they were cheering, they were saying It's Britney, ***** haha, Who is it, talking about the catwalk etc. The doors finally opened around 6.20-6:30 PM. During the waiting time I started to become a little bit nervous seeing so many people (my 1st big concert) and my legs started shaking a little bit. I mean not shaking but I had that feeling that I'd rather sit than stand. ?That moment I was wondering how I would feel when I would see Britney on stage? Would I be overwhelmed? Anyway, I entered among the first ones since I was close to one of the entrances and, as some of you advised here, I went straight to the Merchandise store. Before seeing the actual merchandise, I knew I wanted to buy the sweatpants so I could feel more motivated when working out (Work ***** ?) but guess what: the sweatpants didn't seem to be of good quality. Not just this, but the writing on them was very narrow, like it was written with a pen, not with big letters (think of Juicy Couture, for example). So I decided to buy something else. I decided to buy a T-shirt (around 30 EUR - sorry I don't remember exactly the prices), a poster (around 10-20 EUR) and some pins (15 EUR). Overall, the options are limited - I didn't see the jacket, meaning it might have been there, but I didn't look at all the products. 

After this, we went upstairs to check our seats. Now, I knew our seats were pretty high, but not that high. ? I saw many people being scared of heights when entering our sector (myself included). Although it didn't look like that in the pictures they were really up. Anyway, I started to accommodate with the height and we were checking other sectors as well to see the view. At this point there were only a few hundred people in the arena. Then we went to have a hot dog and some Fanta (Fanta, Fanta, no Coke ?). At about 7:55 PM I heard something like a soundcheck and felt I could hear Pitbull's voice and so it was. His show started around 8 PM (on time) so we went immediately to our seats. Many people were still entering the arena at this time, especially since the ticket reader at the entrance kept giving errors and they couldn't let people in without checking their tickets. 

As I said, Pitbull's show has started and it was AMAZING! I was not looking forward to his act since I'm not really into that kind of music but wow, he really knows how to make some atmosphere! Between the songs he told us how Britney's team asked him to be the supporting act and of course, he accepted. Even though his management asked him something like "Are you sure?" because he couldn't bring his full production or something along these lines. He told us that he respected Britney as an artist, but also as a person because she's had her ups & downs but she came back stronger and so on. Of course, the crowd went insane at those words, myself included. I thought I was going to lose my voice after this concert but it didn't happen haha.

Anyway, after his show, there was about 1 h break during which some people were checking the stage, arranging stuff and so on. At that point I went back to the Merchandise store and bought a hat because the guy in front of me was wearing one and it was really cute. Since our seats were parallel to the stage we could also see some of the backstage. We saw the dancers stretching before the show and it was nice to see what was happening. Unfortunately, I didn't see very well at that distance even though I wore glasses ? but I could tell those were the dancers. Then, lights were turned off and the famous intro started. I couldn't believe it was finally happening!

For me, it was surreal. I couldn't believe that for so many years I saw this show on YouTube and now I was a part of that show! It felt like an YouTube video but I was in that video as well. So surreal. And then... there she was. I saw Britney in the dark preparing to go on stage. She was walking quite slowly and careful like she was nervous and then lights were on her and it was her moment. That moment was very touching because I could see Britney the human with all kind of emotions, just like us. There was a big difference between how she walked to that stage and how she acted the moments the lights were on her. You know, acting like a badass and so on. :slayney: That was a moment that made me love her even more. When she arrived, my eyes started to fill with tears. I was not really crying but the emotions were there. For me, it was really a dream come true because a few years ago I couldn't even imagine that I would go to one of her concerts, especially since she's had her Vegas residency. I know for the US people it's easier to see her there, but for us it's a little bit more difficult, even though I saw many people here had been travelling to Vegas during these years.

Fast forward, the show started and of course the first 5 songs I was paying attention to every detail and so on. Before the show, I thought I would look at Britney all the time but it was not the case. ? I found myself distracted either by a dancer, or the backstage, or the crowd and so on. During the middle part of the show things seemed a little bit repetitive but I was still enjoying it a lot, singing along and dancing. It was really hot inside so I can only imagine how hot it must have been on the stage. It was obvious that the sound was not live because it appeared like it was coming from the walls (the sound system) and not the mic. ? When she was talking to the audience, my sister couldn't believe how high-pitched her voice was lol. But I knew that from the videos I've watched before. I was happy I could hear her real voice for some minutes, it was amazing!

I know some of you are not very satisfied with her current dancing, performing etc (and possibly rightfully so) but for a person from a small town to be able to finally see the one and only miss Britney Spears it is really quite an experience. Memories started to show up, like when I read that she shave her head and so on. I couldn't believe she was there. Since our seats were very high I couldn't exactly see her face but I was glad I could see the stage well. During her show for a moment I could understand our obsession with her and maybe our obsession with celebrities in general. I think because they are so guarded we realize we cannot spend time with them or be friends with them so our time and experience with them is very limited. Who wouldn't like to be friends with Britney? To get to really know her on a good day as well as on a bad day? I know I would but honestly, what are the chances? ? Hence our natural desire of always wanting what we cannot get. I am curious how it's like to be one of her dancers, to spend time with her and so on. Does she begin to seem like a friend, almost to the point of boring, or she's forever Britney (maybe intimidating at times)? Many questions and emotions for sure that night...

So that was my experience, I am so happy I went to my 1st Britney concert! ? If you have the opportunity and you like Britney, you definitely have to go once in your lifetime. Because we don't know how many years she will stay active in this industry. Music, yes, I'm sure we'll have music many years from now on but tours or concerts - who knows? 

I wish you all the best and I'm glad I'm finally on this forum.  

Thank you all for reading my story. :kiss:

On 8/14/2018 at 9:19 PM, Britney x Irene said:

Hello all, last week I've attended my 1st Britney Spears concert ever in Berlin. ? I would like to share with you my story because I also enjoy reading other people's experiences. 

First of all, I come from a small country in Eastern Europe and Britney's never had a concert here. In January, when I heard that she will be having a small tour across Europe I decided that this was my chance, especially since she rarely tours around Europe nowadays. Honestly it was a decision I took one night before the ticket sale was going to start.

I have decided to go to the Berlin date because a) I've been there before b) I don't enjoy flying ? (something I have in common with Britney lol) :quirkney: so Berlin was the shortest flight from my place haha. I asked my sister if she would join me and she agreed, especially since she also likes Britney (but not necessarily checking YouTube videos, photos, interviews like me). When the tickets went on sale I remember exactly it was 11 AM in my country and the ticket site had crashed. At that point I didn't know if I could buy tickets. After about 20 min. I tried again but there were few tickets left and I chose some tickets parallel to the stage even though they were very high. Still, they were good for 64 EUR. ?

Of course I connected this Berlin trip with some travelling and on 6th of August it was concert time (10 days before my birthday). ? Because I stayed in a hotel very close to the arena (50 m away) I could easily see what was happening outside. The morning started with a few fans gathering outside the arena. It was pretty hot that day and they were trying to stay in the shade as much as possible. I could see them taking turns in going to cafes or restrooms and so on. After lunch I was staying outside the terrace and watched the street in front of me because all cars/buses were passing through that street to go to the arena. Of course, I was looking after SUVs thinking I might spot Britney but no chance ?. Around 3 PM I spotted 3 black buses and something like nightliner.co.uk was written on them. I figured that the dancers should be in them since they would be coming from Brighton and so it was. At that point I left my coffee lol and started walking towards the parking lot in the back of the arena to see who was in the buses. About 2-3 people started running towards the parking lot but the others either didn't see the buses, either didn't want to lose their spot in the queue. I went in the back of the arena but the parking lot was fenced so we were about 7-8 people watching through the fence. We could barely see but yes, the dancers exited the bus. I could only see the curly one (ajadepaolo). I remember I thought to myself: "Wow, that's a lot of time until showtime and here they are." I really understood that it was not just about 1.5 h work per day, it's definitely much more. At that point I saw them as real people lol who were also quite possibly tired, hungry etc and I could see what their day was like (eg. having to be at the event location many hours before and so on). Anyway, I couldn't believe I saw them arriving. Seeing that the parking lot was fenced I went back to my hotel room because I knew Britney would be even more difficult to spot and even more guarded. 

The doors were officially opening at 6 PM and we were there around 5.20 PM. As we waited outside I enjoyed the atmosphere, seeing so many fans together - they were cheering, they were saying It's Britney, ***** haha, Who is it, talking about the catwalk etc. The doors finally opened around 6.20-6:30 PM. During the waiting time I started to become a little bit nervous seeing so many people (my 1st big concert) and my legs started shaking a little bit. I mean not shaking but I had that feeling that I'd rather sit than stand. ?That moment I was wondering how I would feel when I would see Britney on stage? Would I be overwhelmed? Anyway, I entered among the first ones since I was close to one of the entrances and, as some of you advised here, I went straight to the Merchandise store. Before seeing the actual merchandise, I knew I wanted to buy the sweatpants so I could feel more motivated when working out (Work ***** ?) but guess what: the sweatpants didn't seem to be of good quality. Not just this, but the writing on them was very narrow, like it was written with a pen, not with big letters (think of Juicy Couture, for example). So I decided to buy something else. I decided to buy a T-shirt (around 30 EUR - sorry I don't remember exactly the prices), a poster (around 10-20 EUR) and some pins (15 EUR). Overall, the options are limited - I didn't see the jacket, meaning it might have been there, but I didn't look at all the products. 

After this, we went upstairs to check our seats. Now, I knew our seats were pretty high, but not that high. ? I saw many people being scared of heights when entering our sector (myself included). Although it didn't look like that in the pictures they were really up. Anyway, I started to accommodate with the height and we were checking other sectors as well to see the view. At this point there were only a few hundred people in the arena. Then we went to have a hot dog and some Fanta (Fanta, Fanta, no Coke ?). At about 7:55 PM I heard something like a soundcheck and felt I could hear Pitbull's voice and so it was. His show started around 8 PM (on time) so we went immediately to our seats. Many people were still entering the arena at this time, especially since the ticket reader at the entrance kept giving errors and they couldn't let people in without checking their tickets. 

As I said, Pitbull's show has started and it was AMAZING! I was not looking forward to his act since I'm not really into that kind of music but wow, he really knows how to make some atmosphere! Between the songs he told us how Britney's team asked him to be the supporting act and of course, he accepted. Even though his management asked him something like "Are you sure?" because he couldn't bring his full production or something along these lines. He told us that he respected Britney as an artist, but also as a person because she's had her ups & downs but she came back stronger and so on. Of course, the crowd went insane at those words, myself included. I thought I was going to lose my voice after this concert but it didn't happen haha.

Anyway, after his show, there was about 1 h break during which some people were checking the stage, arranging stuff and so on. At that point I went back to the Merchandise store and bought a hat because the guy in front of me was wearing one and it was really cute. Since our seats were parallel to the stage we could also see some of the backstage. We saw the dancers stretching before the show and it was nice to see what was happening. Unfortunately, I didn't see very well at that distance even though I wore glasses ? but I could tell those were the dancers. Then, lights were turned off and the famous intro started. I couldn't believe it was finally happening!

For me, it was surreal. I couldn't believe that for so many years I saw this show on YouTube and now I was a part of that show! It felt like an YouTube video but I was in that video as well. So surreal. And then... there she was. I saw Britney in the dark preparing to go on stage. She was walking quite slowly and careful like she was nervous and then lights were on her and it was her moment. That moment was very touching because I could see Britney the human with all kind of emotions, just like us. There was a big difference between how she walked to that stage and how she acted the moments the lights were on her. You know, acting like a badass and so on. :slayney: That was a moment that made me love her even more. When she arrived, my eyes started to fill with tears. I was not really crying but the emotions were there. For me, it was really a dream come true because a few years ago I couldn't even imagine that I would go to one of her concerts, especially since she's had her Vegas residency. I know for the US people it's easier to see her there, but for us it's a little bit more difficult, even though I saw many people here had been travelling to Vegas during these years.

Fast forward, the show started and of course the first 5 songs I was paying attention to every detail and so on. Before the show, I thought I would look at Britney all the time but it was not the case. ? I found myself distracted either by a dancer, or the backstage, or the crowd and so on. During the middle part of the show things seemed a little bit repetitive but I was still enjoying it a lot, singing along and dancing. It was really hot inside so I can only imagine how hot it must have been on the stage. It was obvious that the sound was not live because it appeared like it was coming from the walls (the sound system) and not the mic. ? When she was talking to the audience, my sister couldn't believe how high-pitched her voice was lol. But I knew that from the videos I've watched before. I was happy I could hear her real voice for some minutes, it was amazing!

I know some of you are not very satisfied with her current dancing, performing etc (and possibly rightfully so) but for a person from a small town to be able to finally see the one and only miss Britney Spears it is really quite an experience. Memories started to show up, like when I read that she shave her head and so on. I couldn't believe she was there. Since our seats were very high I couldn't exactly see her face but I was glad I could see the stage well. During her show for a moment I could understand our obsession with her and maybe our obsession with celebrities in general. I think because they are so guarded we realize we cannot spend time with them or be friends with them so our time and experience with them is very limited. Who wouldn't like to be friends with Britney? To get to really know her on a good day as well as on a bad day? I know I would but honestly, what are the chances? ? Hence our natural desire of always wanting what we cannot get. I am curious how it's like to be one of her dancers, to spend time with her and so on. Does she begin to seem like a friend, almost to the point of boring, or she's forever Britney (maybe intimidating at times)? Many questions and emotions for sure that night...

So that was my experience, I am so happy I went to my 1st Britney concert! ? If you have the opportunity and you like Britney, you definitely have to go once in your lifetime. Because we don't know how many years she will stay active in this industry. Music, yes, I'm sure we'll have music many years from now on but tours or concerts - who knows? 

Which country did you came from?

1 hour ago, kennyraider said:

So glad for you Britney x Irene! I was down there close to the catwalk and it was surreal for me as well. Amazing how she connects us all and we all love her..I hope we get to see her even more often like this in the future:hugs:

thank you, Kenny! I remember reading your posts on concert day, I was stoked reading that you saw some of the dancers as well! I still try to read about other cities when I have time but nothing compares to following your concert's official thread ? ahhh, the adrenaline!  :jumpney: and I like your idea, let's put this into universe and hopefully we can get to see her more often! :hugs:

@koballo I travelled from Romania, u?:blaughing: 

4 minutes ago, Britney x Irene said:

Romania? So why did you call it a small country? It's quite big.

I am from Poland and I travelled to Berlin all alone but didn't  spend a night  in a hotel or something like this, just walked around the city at night 

1 minute ago, koballo said:

Romania? So why did you call it a small country? It's quite big.

I am from Poland and I travelled to Berlin all alone but didn't  spend a night  in a hotel or something like this, just walked around the city at night 

yes, you're right, it's actually a pretty big country but I meant to say less-known and definitely a country where Britney won't ever come ? we chose to stay at the hotel because we spent more nights in Berlin. Funny fact: as we were strolling through Berlin I told my sister "wow, that's a nice terrace" and guess what: it was the terrace from Hotel de Rome ? as I found out later that night from the forum. 

btw I love Poland, great country and great people, I loved  my time there! Did you enjoy the concert? 

@Britney x Irene just a little. I was excited till Gimme More ended and later I was a bit bored. It was the first lip-synced concert I attended and I couldn't stand the playback, before I came for her performance I hadn't known it might sound so miserably. But I enjoyed the music played by band and the songs of Britney  which I just loved becoming her fan (years and years ago). It was my first attendance at her concert so I just had to dance and sing despite the playback and a little interaction with the audience. 

5 hours ago, Britney x Irene said:

thank you, Kenny! I remember reading your posts on concert day, I was stoked reading that you saw some of the dancers as well! I still try to read about other cities when I have time but nothing compares to following your concert's official thread ? ahhh, the adrenaline!  :jumpney: and I like your idea, let's put this into universe and hopefully we can get to see her more often! :hugs:

Awww you so sweet:hehehe:

On 8/14/2018 at 9:19 PM, Britney x Irene said:

thanks for sharing :hugs:

Archived