The Official Britney Spears 'Piece Of Me' Tour Thread: Berlin, Germany

Prince Ali

5 minutes ago, britmebaby_onemoretime said:

Lol, thanks? I totally understand her insecurities and the period from which they stem from and I completely accept the fact that she isn't going to be hyper-driven, balls to the walls promoting, rehearsing and everything else like she once did. She doesn't deserve to be thrust into that **** again. She's at a totally different place in her life. But if she doesn't want to/feel comfortable dancing on beat and putting forth a certain level of effort, then I would be more than happy to see her live a quiet life with her boys and not be forced out of her comfort zone every night. It's painful to watch, for her sake. I feel bad for her, genuinely, and it doesn't do her legacy that she busted *** to build any favors. If she doesn't want to keep performing, more power to her! She shouldn't have to. But if she does, as a world-famous icon, a title she has earned, there's a standard. Just like any other job, especially one people pay good money to attend, that standard should be met.

Her legacy is from 1998/9-2004 as a performer and from 2005-2008 as a product/consumption of a celebrity -obsessed culture at its maximum.

I'm not sure why people want to remember one part and not the other.

Again, the fact is that lots of people who have never seen her show enjoy it and others don't.  It's that simple.  There were lots of people that liked her show in England and Berlin and others that didn't.

As for her next residency, yes I would agree that it should be entirely different and there's a lot she could do.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, britmebaby_onemoretime said:

curious if y'all think she's just seeing herself through rose-colored glasses/totally shielded and unaware of the feedback at this point, or if she simply doesn't care

It’s ALL of this. Britney is unaware and she doesn’t care. Yes she’s shielded, too. That’s thanks to her team, her family & friends. Her mom, sister and at least one of her childhood friends follow her on IG. Do you think they don’t see what most of us see? I think they do but none of them have the guts or maybe when it comes to her family & friends, they don’t have the heart to tell Britney the truth.

I don’t mean they should shame her or be mean about it but there’s a way to level with people. Being real doesn’t make you a hater. They are her family so they’ll love her regardless but I feel they’re all at the point where they believe that’s its better for everyone to not talk about how Britney performs nowadays + how her appearance is sometimes. It’s simply easier. That’s my impression rn well maybe others have a different answer idk.

4 minutes ago, generation glory said:

It’s ALL of this. Britney is unaware and she doesn’t care. Yes she’s shielded, too. That’s thanks to her team, her family & friends. Her mom, sister and at least one of her childhood friends follow her on IG. Do you think they don’t see what most of us see? I think they do but none of them have the guts or maybe when it comes to her family & friends, they don’t have the heart to tell Britney the truth.

I don’t mean they should shame her or be mean about it but there’s a way to level with people. Being real doesn’t make you a hater. They are her family so they’ll love her regardless but I feel they’re all at the point where they believe that’s its better for everyone to not talk about how Britney performs nowadays + how her appearance is sometimes. It’s simply easier. That’s my impression rn well maybe others have a different answer idk.

To me the main person who would have explaining to do would be Larry Rudolph.

2 minutes ago, Herumbra said:

do you really think britney knows how to download a video of her from youtube or instagram?
Ofc she's not the one posting

I love the girl but yeah....I'd be lying if I said this didn't cross my mind every time I see a new POM video. :janet: My point is...whyyyy are they not choosing better moments to post if they're gonna post anything at all? I know the show isn't perfect but I feel like they at least have some better options.

46 minutes ago, britmebaby_onemoretime said:

Lol, thanks? I totally understand her insecurities and the period from which they stem from and I completely accept the fact that she isn't going to be hyper-driven, balls to the walls promoting, rehearsing and everything else like she once did. She doesn't deserve to be thrust into that **** again. She's at a totally different place in her life. But if she doesn't want to/feel comfortable dancing on beat and putting forth a certain level of effort, then I would be more than happy to see her live a quiet life with her boys and not be forced out of her comfort zone every night. It's painful to watch, for her sake. I feel bad for her, genuinely, and it doesn't do her legacy that she busted *** to build any favors. If she doesn't want to keep performing, more power to her! She shouldn't have to. But if she does, as a world-famous icon, a title she has earned, there's a standard. Just like any other job, especially one people pay good money to attend, that standard should be met.

I'll add that if you invest well, which she no doubt has under her financial conservatorship (her judge Reva Goetz, said that her conservatorship estate is only a 'portion' of her total assets), there is no need for her to work again, even with child support.

So even with what I said, I still do not know the real mystery for her continuing to perform so much. (She has hardly taken a break since 2008)  Is it really her that needs the money, or the people (including Larry) who work for her?

Even with her contract, she could probably release some remix albums or whatever; there are probably ways to get out of it.

But yes, she's performing for her fans and some people are entertained and others aren't.

11 minutes ago, zxcvb said:

I'll add that if you invest well, which she no doubt has under her financial conservatorship (her judge Reva Goetz, said that her conservatorship estate is only a 'portion' of her total assets), there is no need for her to work again, even with child support.

So even with what I said, I still do not know the real mystery for her continuing to perform so much. (She has hardly taken a break since 2008)  Is it really her that needs the money, or the people (including Larry) who work for her?

Even with her contract, she could probably release some remix albums or whatever; there are probably ways to get out of it.

But yes, she's performing for her fans and some people are entertained and others aren't.

Doesn't Larry make something like 20% of all of her earnings?  :girlwhat: That's industry standard, but it makes him millions every year.

And Papa Spears also now gets a cut of that. 

11 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Doesn't Larry make something like 20% of all of her earnings?  :girlwhat: That's industry standard, but it makes him millions every year.

And Papa Spears also now gets a cut of that. 

My point is according to the court, she has hundreds of millions of dollars in total assets, regardless of what either of them make.

I do know one thing, Larry sure as hell doesn't ever want Britney to do a truthful tell-all book/interview, especially in the #MeToo era.

He better understand, the real reason she has a fruitful career today is because of 2006-2008, which has nothing to do with him, more than 1999-2004.  

7 minutes ago, zxcvb said:

My point is according to the court, she has hundreds of millions of dollars in total assets, regardless of what either of them make.

I do know one thing, Larry sure as hell doesn't ever want Britney to do a truthful tell-all book/interview, especially in the #MeToo era.

He better understand, the real reason she has a fruitful career today is because of 2006-2008, which has nothing to do with him, more than 1999-2004.  

You also asked why she was still working. And I believe it's because everyone around her makes millions as long as she keeps touring, so there's always a gentle pressure there for her to continue to tour.

12 minutes ago, zxcvb said:

To me the main person who would have explaining to do would be Larry Rudolph.

He’s a part of her team so yes Larry is at fault - to a certain  degree. But imo I feel like every one of them is to blame for things being how it is. There are ways to improve, work around the budget issues, whatever it may be, etc but it’s not happening. Idk what exactly the problem is but there must be a way to resolve most issues fans are more openly talking about.

Without elaborating forever... Everyone to blame is:

• Britney Spears 

• Her Team- including but not limited to just Larry Rudolph. 

• Her family/Her dad: as conservator he’s part of the team and he’s family. He better than anyone should be able to realize that his daughter is still struggling to cope with certain issues. (Whatever that might be) Maybe it’d be best to not allow the cycle to continue of her doing back-to-back residencies & touring. Take a break from all this.

Has Britney ever really had a break in her adult life? As in not to work on films, other projects, have children or endorse others products. There are many ways to keep her busy without her having to be busy for profit. Explore other countries. Get some culture. Take a photography class. Sort your stuff out. 

• The fans - as long as we accept mediocrity the more mediocre things will be. particularly those fans who still are willing to put up with the poor quality performances, unprofessionalism, disrespect, lack of effort on her team/Britney’s part and make excuses for her/her team.

Now, what share of the blame should be placed on each of the above is up to everyone to decide. 

Archived