When people say Piece of Me is “SO much better in person”....

jamesedward94

I remember going to "TCSBS" when she came to Paris. We had seen videos on Youtube and the energy was really nice watching the videos though we could understand that her dancing was a bit different. When I went to see it live the energy of the audience was just incredible and Britney has amazing dancers, lighting and decor. The thing is I didn't even pick up on the lip synching because they put on a show so you didn't even have time to think about anything. And again this was her biggest comeback. :mattafact:

Now I'm judging POM on the videos I see (sorry to the people who think that's wrong) and you can clearly see that there are nights with and nights without, which is to me very unfair to the people who pay the same amount. I'm not trying to be negative just realistic. I don't think her "Bad nights" were that noticeable on the Onyx Hotel, TCSBS, and FF (though it started to show a bit in FF). 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, danny1994 said:

I don’t get the whole “it’s better in person” argument. Compare the POM clips from any low quality clips from 2001/2002. It’s night and day.

What It's Like To Be Me performance >>> POM/FF Tour

4 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

When we say POM is so much better in person, is because there are certain parts of the show where they don't allow us to record with our phones, and she starts singing live and dancing like the good old days, and that's why the audience seems so pumped during the rest of the performances :tehe:

:orangu:

Mmm no. I watched Jlo's show some weeks ago and it looked amazing, from costumes to choreographies, it looks like something JLo would do. 

The furry white coats 

The urban NY section 

The breakdowns 

Her live vocals, despite not being the best vocalist, you can see she gives her 200%

OMG! Her hair & make up are flawless! As flawless as when she does red carpets 

Britney's show is average, not everything is bad but it's stupid to say there's nothing to improve. 

7 hours ago, mrjt1986 said:

I think the only people allowed an opinion on this are people who have been. You can’t compare fan filmed smartphone footage to directed dvd footage of old tours. 

Crazy POM non dvd footage

Crazy OIDIA non dvd footage

9 hours ago, danny1994 said:

I don’t get the whole “it’s better in person” argument. Compare the POM clips from any low quality clips from 2001/2002. It’s night and day.

i just wanted to see a few seconds of this just because, and I ended watching the full concert

tumblr_inline_oaor7sB8341r5mohg_500.gif

OMG!

This atraction doesn't happen to me with POMney 

11 hours ago, danny1994 said:

Been a fan a long time. After 2004 nothing was the same, the kids, the breakdown, everything.. The fame and the public ****** with her for a long time and her confidence. I saw her break as a lot of her fans did. Before 2004 she was a whole other person.. I believe she let her guard down and mentally lost it and the people around her didn't help. 

POM does work a lot better in person, I saw the show April '16.  (It was the show where said "Alright babies -- I mean Vegas, are you ready for some more?")  There are a lot of things live that aren't captured in clips.  For example, the choreography during the encore section is pure crap but in person the production & run of songs feels epic.   On paper the setlist reads as random but also flows much better live. 

The beginning of the revamp was really thrilling, it was the show she should have started off with instead, and I wish she kept up that level of performing.  

19 hours ago, reoha098 said:

alright, i know where you coming from, but you creating this thread open the gate for people to bash, with all cap locks and angry rants and long paragraphs and  the shake my head emojis.  OMG :ririshade2:

Britney opened the gate for people to bash her by being sloppy and looking like a cheaper unprepared version of her former self. You Britards should stop blaming others for her own problem. 

Archived