When people say Piece of Me is “SO much better in person”....

jamesedward94

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Super Mods
5 hours ago, I'mNotTheAverageLady said:

If I could travel in time, but just once, I would definitely choose 2001, Las Vegas, Dream Within a Dream Tour concert

tumblr_lwzwr67m051r3ty02o1_r1_500.gif

Omg, I’ve been a long time fan and I forgot her hips could move like that in her prime. :yesplease:

She literally was the perfect popstar:tiffanycries:

I’ve always heard dwad was disappointing to see live cause there was so much you couldn’t see unless you were watching it on tv. I know a girl who was front row for onyx in Columbia and she said it was the best show she ever saw. As far as POM, I don’t think anyone can enjoy something when they analyze it as much as we do. 

I think the only people allowed an opinion on this are people who have been. You can’t compare fan filmed smartphone footage to directed dvd footage of old tours. I’ve seen POM & loved it even after seeing the videos prior & being a bit anxious but in Vegas with the whole stage and everything it was great. She didn’t sing live but the audio was a lot better than you hear on the videos. The only thing that really disappointed me was no live vocals on her ballads. I saw Onyx live and enjoyed it on the same level as POM but hearing Everytime live was an absolute moment and I pray one day we’ll get that again one day. Circus was great but I think that was because those songs were fresh then and having a center stage was amazing! FF was ok but my least fave of the 4 tours I’ve been to. Can’t wait for Pride tomorrow and O2 end of the month. Will def go Vegas to see a new show if she launches one next year and it’s a completely fresh format. For her to make it all perfect again; live ballads, get sexier on BOM & TOMH ala Onyx tour and give it a theme like all previous tours. Aside from that I still think POM is a great celebration of her career and she performs it well and I enjoy it just as much as all her other tours

1 hour ago, reoha098 said:

no hopes for this fanbase. OMG. All the positivity that is not much now are being turn into negativity.  i mean just look at this thread. People who actually really enjoyed and said pom in person is better, its like their opinions dont matter anymore. OMG.  negativity negativity negativity wins. 

If you had fun, you had fun..., who cares what I say or you say. We all have opinions and we all are sharing them. 

Ppl trash Circus but it doesn’t change my opinion on it. It’s my second fav tour. 

21 minutes ago, Iexpectyouto said:

I’ve always heard dwad was disappointing to see live cause there was so much you couldn’t see unless you were watching it on tv. I know a girl who was front row for onyx in Columbia and she said it was the best show she ever saw. As far as POM, I don’t think anyone can enjoy something when they analyze it as much as we do. 

We did the same for her last two tours though. So...

9 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

I’m one of the rare few that saw Pom live and still thought it was bad so...

FFT was fun live though. Even though I know Britney was a mess. 

I don’t think the Vegas crowd was hyped at all. At my show everyone was just standing there or sitting minus the ppl in the very front. So maybe it was just my night that was terrible but Pom is not worth it in any form for me. 

I don’t understand and why grasp ppl want to try and make it seem good. I think you can have fun but the quality and production is a disaster. 

as usual, we agree

POM in person is a mess (as with the IG videos)

(I had the chance to go to the OHT and it was literally magic in front of my eyes) 

The tour was actually really fun live it doesn’t compare to say circus but britney herself is better than she was for FF so it feels miles ahead of that tour. I think the show is amazing with props in Vegas. Some performances are just as bad in person as they are on video like dywco and crazy. But the everytime section is so beautiful and her dancing does seem to work and look sharper in person. With that being said it doesn’t mean it compares to her earlier tours and I can’t speak on that cause I only started attending with circus :hiii:

3 hours ago, reoha098 said:

no hopes for this fanbase. OMG. All the positivity that is not much now are being turn into negativity.  i mean just look at this thread. People who actually really enjoyed and said pom in person is better, its like their opinions dont matter anymore. OMG.  negativity negativity negativity wins. 

I was not being negative in the least bit with this thread....

I literally was JUST SAYING that with everyone saying POM is much better in person than on videos, you can ONLY IMAGINE how great seeing her prime in person would have been.

I was not saying ANYTHING bad about POM at all. I like POM and think it’s the best she has been since her prime. I do think the entire show is cheap and not nearly as good as her past two shows, but Britney is alive and actually dances a good bit now. Circus was the “old” Britney but she didn’t dance and was way stiffer. I understand people hate on POM bc it’s gone on for soooo long, but there have been plenty of moments I just could not believe how good she was and how much she has improved. Would have never dreamed she’d be so fierce again and do any halfway decent choreography. Doesn’t even compare to her past 2 shows for me.

So FOR THE RECORD: I like Piece of Me. I’m just very tired of it.  

1 hour ago, mrjt1986 said:

I think the only people allowed an opinion on this are people who have been. You can’t compare fan filmed smartphone footage to directed dvd footage of old tours. I’ve seen POM & loved it even after seeing the videos prior & being a bit anxious but in Vegas with the whole stage and everything it was great. She didn’t sing live but the audio was a lot better than you hear on the videos. The only thing that really disappointed me was no live vocals on her ballads. I saw Onyx live and enjoyed it on the same level as POM but hearing Everytime live was an absolute moment and I pray one day we’ll get that again one day. Circus was great but I think that was because those songs were fresh then and having a center stage was amazing! FF was ok but my least fave of the 4 tours I’ve been to. Can’t wait for Pride tomorrow and O2 end of the month. Will def go Vegas to see a new show if she launches one next year and it’s a completely fresh format. For her to make it all perfect again; live ballads, get sexier on BOM & TOMH ala Onyx tour and give it a theme like all previous tours. Aside from that I still think POM is a great celebration of her career and she performs it well and I enjoy it just as much as all her other tours

I was just saying in my OP that I cannot even comprehend how great it must have been seeing her live in person during her peak when people say POM is better in person. I get that everything is better in person, but it just makes me dream of what it would have been like.

11 hours ago, Tetris said:

Valid.

I’m sure Circus tour must have been NUTS then (comparing it to NYC audience’s incredible reaction during POM). And despite it being walkney for Circus, her FIRE is still so evident even in cellphone videos.

DWAD (especially) & Onyx must have been..I can only imagine...!!!

Onyx was my first time seeing Britney live...there are no words just...:scalped:

I mean it’s better in person because you’re in a room full of Britney fans dancing and belting out songs you love and not just laying in bed or whatever scrolling on your phone or laptop. But is it that she’s just so much better in person? No. What you see in those iPhone clips is what u get. I saw her Sunday and almost anyone could have been on stage tbh, the songs and the crowd were the fun part, not necessarily being tuned into her. It was like being in a nightclub. I almost forgot to look at her sometimes :-/ 

POM wouldn't be better live. It would be more fun, but there's a difference between "good" and "fun". In videos you can still see her energy, her costumes, the lipping, etc. But of course it would be more fun to experience live bc of the crowd and your adrenaline and all that.

For instance, I went to DWAD Tour and yes it was amazing but the show itself wasn't anything better than the DVD, it was just more fun to see it in person than watching it at home. So, I do not believe that POM is a better show in person. You don't have to be there to see the bad costumes, low energy, bad choreo and such.

21 minutes ago, jamesedward94 said:

I was not being negative in the least bit with this thread....

I literally was JUST SAYING that with everyone saying POM is much better in person than on videos, you can ONLY IMAGINE how great seeing her prime in person would have been.

I was not saying ANYTHING bad about POM at all. I like POM and think it’s the best she has been since her prime. I do think the entire show is cheap and not nearly as good as her past two shows, but Britney is alive and actually dances a good bit now. Circus was the “old” Britney but she didn’t dance and was way stiffer. I understand people hate on POM bc it’s gone on for soooo long, but there have been plenty of moments I just could not believe how good she was and how much she has improved. Would have never dreamed she’d be so fierce again and do any halfway decent choreography. Doesn’t even compare to her past 2 shows for me.

So FOR THE RECORD: I like Piece of Me. I’m just very tired of it.  

alright, i know where you coming from, but you creating this thread open the gate for people to bash, with all cap locks and angry rants and long paragraphs and  the shake my head emojis.  OMG :ririshade2:

12 hours ago, I'mNotTheAverageLady said:

If I could travel in time, but just once, I would definitely choose 2001, Las Vegas, Dream Within a Dream Tour concert

tumblr_lwzwr67m051r3ty02o1_r1_500.gif

It's the most amazing thing I've ever seen in the industry. Only maybe a Michael Jackson or a Beatles concert would compare to this for me. It's sensational even on my tiny phone screen, so live? Ohmygod..

tumblr_m8nr94Ombw1qdcxoeo1_500.gif

I've never seen Brit so I'd totally love POM though, but DWAD...

those gifs are killing me !!!

the industry should work on a VR primeney experience. I would so buy it! I wanna live that untouchable aura 

XHwl.gif

Archived