Why Does Britney Not Have Many Insta Followers?

ItsBritneyB*tch

Didn’t post that much for years and nothing personal or creative either til just recently. People like the personal selfies. Her full body shots get the most likes. She also did low quality videos and pictures up until just last year. She has hundreds and hundreds of amazing pics since even before her debut album. She has the content. It’s just about timing and quality. Besides that, she’s not in her prime. 

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are lots of celebs who do paid promotions and such so they will always have high follower counts. 

But also...Her Instagram account is horrible imo. Idk why so many ppl like her google images, blurry photos and random (staged) videos here. I can see that from the normal folks I follow from my high school lol I personally follow celebs to be invited into their world. Like that’s the allure for me. Seeing all the places they’re traveling, the hotels I’d never be able to stay in, a behind the scenes glimpse of their shows/fashion, etc. I think JLo does a good job of blending the high celebrity stuff with her normal pics without it seeming so boring. :-/ 

but I do like that Britney doesn’t care what she looks like on her Ig so essentially you’re getting her real self. And that’s rare with celebs 

On 8/2/2018 at 6:07 PM, LostInAnImage said:

If anyone is curious like I was, here are the top 10 most followed accounts of 2017:

10. Kendall Jenner - 84.8 million followers

9. Justin Bieber - 93.9 million followers

8. Dwayne Johnson (The Rock) - 96 million followers

7. Kylie Jenner - 99.5 million followers

6. Taylor Swift - 104 million followers

5. Kim Kardashian West - 104 million followers

4. Beyoncé - 108 million followers 

3. Ariana Grande - 115 million followers

2. Cristiano Ronaldo -  116 million followers

1. Selena Gomez - 130 million followers

wish britney was in the top 10 but followers aren't everything especially, if you aren't selling out shows. but gotta give props to the rock b/c he's been working hard

On 8/2/2018 at 5:53 PM, PokemonSpears said:

Even if we took away the fake followers, I still think Britney would be lower in followers, because she's not as popular anymore, people isn't aware of her, or are ashamed of following her. Or they just forgot about her. 

It's the same reason why her videos don't have as many views on YT as others, or why she doesn't sell as much, and so on. 

yeah i mean even if we took away the fake followers i think she'd still be lower. I also think it's b/c demi, selena etc...grew up in a different generation and their fans are more into social media. Hell, i'm a britney stan and I don't even follower her on instagram

7 hours ago, britsangel90 said:

wish britney was in the top 10 but followers aren't everything especially, if you aren't selling out shows. but gotta give props to the rock b/c he's been working hard

I thought he was a pretty random addition; I mean, who makes up the core of his fanbase? IG would suggest teens and millennials, but what does he do that appeals to so many millions of them?

Selena Gomez surprised me too, honestly. How is she #1? She's popular, but not overwhelmingly so, and she's very boring. I mean, her ex alone is infinitely more famous and popular, and he has ~37 million fewer followers than her. 

Also, thought Beyonce and Taylor would be higher up, frankly. 

1 hour ago, LostInAnImage said:

I thought he was a pretty random addition; I mean, who makes up the core of his fanbase? IG would suggest teens and millennials, but what does he do that appeals to so many millions of them?

Selena Gomez surprised me too, honestly. How is she #1? She's popular, but not overwhelmingly so, and she's very boring. I mean, her ex alone is infinitely more famous and popular, and he has ~37 million fewer followers than her. 

Also, thought Beyonce and Taylor would be higher up, frankly. 

I was surprised he has so many too, but I think its b/c he's been doing a lot of movies lately, and is generally a nice, passionate guy. I think a lot of people like him b/c he's motivational.

It doesn't really bother me that selena is #1 (but it does surprise me) b/c while fans or people might care what she's doing in her personal life, they clearly don't care for her music as much. She's just a singles artist which I dont' see as being a threat to Britney. I think she has a lot of followers b/c of Justin

Archived