Fantasy Original Pre-Reformulated Version

E.T.

So I'm back again, and I am wondering how I can find the Original ORIGINAL Fantasy from 2005, (with the green crystals on its neck) that was reformulated in 2010...I was looking all over eBay, Amazon, Mercari, Poshmark, etc., and I couldn't find one... :(

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

eBay would be my best guess but if you already tried, then I have no idea tbh. It's been so long and I don't know how you can tell through a box.

I think there is usually a green ribbon on the box of the 2005 version...but i am not that sure :(

14 minutes ago, E.T. said:

I think there is usually a green ribbon on the box of the 2005 version...but i am not that sure :(

Oh yeah I forgot about that. You could try going to those perfume stores in the mall, I bet they keep their inventory for years lol. 

The box folds out and has a green ribbon on top to keep it in shape - midnight fantasy also had crystals on the neck in the first rollout. Believe had a different box and a metal piece that isn’t on newer editions of the bottle.

I’ve been able to get original releases (box and bottle) of most of her fragrances through EBay and continual Facebook and Google searches. I recently saw the original Curious, Midnight Fantasy and Believe on various fragrance websites through Google. The original Fantasy box is a bit harder to find, but they pop up.

2 hours ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

Oh yeah I forgot about that. You could try going to those perfume stores in the mall, I bet they keep their inventory for years lol. 

lol i actually have a super funny story about me going to the mall...so I went to Sears (in the mall), and I asked if they had "Private Show," and the cashier said "Well, you look like you are 16 or 17, you have to be 18 and up for that." and I am like, "what???" and the cashier said, "you came to the wrong place for a private show." and I smacked my hand to my face and said, "let's get one thing straight, "Private Show" is a Britney Spears perfume, not some innapropriate 18 plus thing. Learn your fragrances before you work here. and i just turned my back and walked away. smh

10 hours ago, E.T. said:

So I'm back again, and I am wondering how I can find the Original ORIGINAL Fantasy from 2005, (with the green crystals on its neck) that was reformulated in 2010...I was looking all over eBay, Amazon, Mercari, Poshmark, etc., and I couldn't find one... :(

here you go

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Britney-Spears-Fantasy-30-ml-1-oz-Eau-de-Parfum-EDP-perfume-18July12-P/273380493393?hash=item3fa6bf4851%3Ag%3AVhcAAOSw6AlbRy8J&_sop=15&_pgn=4&_sacat=0&_nkw=britney+spears+fantasy+perfume&_from=R40&rt=nc

3 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

How  much you paying? I have mine full. Fantasy gives me a headache so I only wore it once. 

Im joking, I’m not selling mine because it’s part of my collection. 

Idk I think finding it now would be hard. Best of luck 

BAHAHA I fell for it when I first read it but then i scrolled down lmfaooooooo

10 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

How  much you paying? I have mine full. Fantasy gives me a headache so I only wore it once. 

Im joking, I’m not selling mine because it’s part of my collection. 

Idk I think finding it now would be hard. Best of luck 

And at the risk of being a Debbie Downer, I'd be cautious about what I found on sites like eBay. I bought a variety of stuff from the site for a lot of years and I had wonderful transactions the majority of the time. I was even going over to foreign eBay sites to buy Falco albums and everything came out fine on that end. But it just got to a point where I felt like people were throwing any old **** on there. You deal with a great seller that you can work out an issue is one thing. Getting conned is something else entirely. I just can't help thinking of some of the reviews I see on Amazon and even some feedback on eBay where people say "I don't think this is legit. I've smelled the REAL stuff and this doesn't even compare." 

I don't want to turn away people because I realize there's probably few sources to find original formulas of Fantasy. It's my guess that the best people to buy from are the people that don't quite know just what they have. To all that want to find original formulas, I wish you all the best of luck.

2 hours ago, glitterfalls said:

And at the risk of being a Debbie Downer, I'd be cautious about what I found on sites like eBay. I bought a variety of stuff from the site for a lot of years and I had wonderful transactions the majority of the time. I was even going over to foreign eBay sites to buy Falco albums and everything came out fine on that end. But it just got to a point where I felt like people were throwing any old **** on there. You deal with a great seller that you can work out an issue is one thing. Getting conned is something else entirely. I just can't help thinking of some of the reviews I see on Amazon and even some feedback on eBay where people say "I don't think this is legit. I've smelled the REAL stuff and this doesn't even compare." 

I don't want to turn away people because I realize there's probably few sources to find original formulas of Fantasy. It's my guess that the best people to buy from are the people that don't quite know just what they have. To all that want to find original formulas, I wish you all the best of luck.

This day and age I don’t think someone’s gonna fake an old packaging of fantasy lol 

Okay let me start by saying thank you! I used to love fantasy and that was definitely one of my favourites. But I haven't had it in years and one day I smelled it in the store and I thought I was going crazy. To me it didn't smell like I remembered it, but I was like.. You haven't had one in years, you're just being ridiculous. So all this time I thought I was wrong. But reading this thread made me happy so thank you :unbelievableney:

I will try and search for it as well. 

Archived