"Everytime" in new DO TEENS KNOW 2000s MUSIC? REACT video

IonutM

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Filippo said:

Right?? In Italy that song was on the radio in 2004!

Yeah, I just had to look up. I used to watch MTV all the time. Here in Latin America we had a daily Top 10, which was like a TRL equivalent, and on the weekends we had the Top 20. At the end of the year we had a top with the best 100 videos of the year. It doesn't appear in that Top 100 until 2004 precisely.

Apparently the album came out in 2002, and after years of touring, it finally reached the top 10 at BB in 2004, and that's when the song was released as the second single of the album.

On 7/29/2018 at 4:57 PM, Someone Who Knows said:

It's one of those songs that Britney fans just adore because it's *the single that proves she can really write and really sing well, but it was not a major hit in America. 

People know Britney for her uptempo dance songs. All of her Top 10 hits in America have been uptempo, danceable tracks -- no exceptions. When they play Toxic or Oops or BOMT, freaking everyone knows who it is in these videos.

Someone with sense. 

It’s that same mentality that had people voting for Criminal - “we need to show a different side” “they need to know she can sing” “we need a toned down single” - nobody gives a damn.

:imdying:

15 hours ago, Commotion said:

Interesting that they chose Everytime and not one of the bigger hits. I think all of them would've recognised BOMT, Oops, even Crazy and Stronger, obviously Toxic, most probably Slave.

It'd be more interesting to show them MATM bc it flopped

MATM didn't flop.....

Just now, Spongbob said:

MATM didn't flop.....

It kinda did flop in America especially. Like it was the first single to her new album, this is Britney in her prime, featuring the biggest pop icon other than Michael Jackson, it's a high-tempo dance song (which is both Britney's and Madonna's forte)... but it was 35 on BB?

I think it could be debated that Madonna was on a radio ban because of American Life and has been since (proof would be Hung Up being #1 everywhere but in the US), but still. The video on youtube only has 26M views, too, Everytime has more than 100M.

2 hours ago, Commotion said:

It kinda did flop in America especially. Like it was the first single to her new album, this is Britney in her prime, featuring the biggest pop icon other than Michael Jackson, it's a high-tempo dance song (which is both Britney's and Madonna's forte)... but it was 35 on BB?

I think it could be debated that Madonna was on a radio ban because of American Life and has been since (proof would be Hung Up being #1 everywhere but in the US), but still. The video on youtube only has 26M views, too, Everytime has more than 100M.

Wasn't Britney banned from the radio at the time

And MATM charted well everywhere else

Also the reason for the low views is because it's banned in some countries and was deleted then re upload multiple times

22 hours ago, ITZFFGL said:

Someone with sense. 

It’s that same mentality that had people voting for Criminal - “we need to show a different side” “they need to know she can sing” “we need a toned down single” - nobody gives a damn.

:imdying:

What are fans trying to prove? Even the fans don't think Britney's as good at that stuff as other artists are, so why would non-fans give a **** about them? OMG I was furious when Criminal was chosen...I wanted Trouble for Me, personally...it is f**king astonishing that Britney has not released an uptempo dance song as a single in nearly 5 years now...that is downright criminal negligence LOL

On 7/29/2018 at 3:57 PM, Hypnotherapy said:

This is the first time Brit wasn’t the most known artist!

It’s cool that her voice is super recognisable even when the song isn’t.

I would so love for Brit to adjust her brand and bring ballads and live performances of deep/ beautiful music into her work. It’s a pity gems like this and Someday aren’t well known. Her bops are great but it wouldn’t hurt to have more depth.

The kid saying ‘what is this, Barbie music?!’ Hurts me lol I often wonder if I’m blinded to Britney music being cheesy, childish mush lol

I’ve definitely seen a couple episodes where she was the most known one. Also, one of the first non music video clips I saw of Brit in 1999 was of her in tour in a pink top and i immediately thought err lame Barbie...then I was like oh **** it’s britney Spears ...lol 

Archived