Britney Vinyl Poll

Which album needs to be released on vinyl first?  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm currently listening to the Britney album and remembering how good it is. When I Found You, Cinderella, Let Me Be, Bombastic Love (which lots of people seem to hate for some reason?), What It's Like To Be Me and obviously the singles. I know we all want all of Britney's albums on vinyl but which one is the most in demand? I'm not counting Glory or Baby (although I know a LOT of people still want that one but because it's already been released, I'm excluding it). I'm guessing Blackout will win (I honestly don't get the hype for that album, sorry not sorry). Personally, I think In The Zone needs to be released next as it's solid throughout but then other days, I'm like "no, I need cheesy noughties pop on vinyl" and I'll want Britney on vinyl next. I feel like UO would probably release Oops next as it was a huge album but again, I'm hoping for Britney or ITZ, purely because the album tracks aren't widely available on vinyl even though the singles are and the album tracks from both those albums are gold. What's everyone else think?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Don'tTellMeToShutMyEyes said:

I was thinking about including that but because most of her early singles were released on vinyl, I decided not to. It's a shame that hasn't happened actually as so many artists have greatest hits albums and Britney had so many damn hits from 98-04. Petition for UO? :hiii:

Oohh.. maybe for GH:V2 we will get both GH:MP and GH:V2 released in vinyl... that would be a good marketing strategy

1 minute ago, HuffingAndPuffingOnStage said:

I hope they don't release greatest hits on vinyl, that and "90s song compilations" that they sell at UO are so dumb

defeats the purpose of using vinyl in the first place, which is to experience an album as a body of work from start to finish

I'm honestly in between. I would LOVE to hear the albums on vinyl (even the ones I don't really listen to like Blackout and Oops) because ITZ on vinyl, I mean, c'mon? It's not a want. It's a NEED! But other days, when I just want to burst into song even though I can't sing, I'd want to play her greatest hits and sorting through every vinyl single is a damn nightmare so MP would make things so much easier but I see where you're coming from.

2 minutes ago, HuffingAndPuffingOnStage said:

I hope it's Blackout i would so buy that, but most likely it would be Oops! because cheesy early 2000s is becoming in rn, and it would appeal most to the UO and general vinyl buying crowd

I'd love to see Oops just for the cover. I'm just thinking that after UO released Xtina's debut, they went for her next album Back To Basics (Stripped is already on vinyl so they didn't bother with that one and I'm not counting the non-English albums) so they'd probably do the same with Britney too. That, Baby and Blackout probably are the 3 most people know. I know in the US everyone seems to know ITZ but in the UK, it didn't chart great which sucks big time because it's legendary.

I'm honestly in between. I would LOVE to hear the albums on vinyl (even the ones I don't really listen to like Blackout and Oops) because ITZ on vinyl, I mean, c'mon? It's not a want. It's a NEED! But other days, when I just want to burst into song even though I can't sing, I'd want to play her greatest hits and sorting through every vinyl single is a damn nightmare so MP would make things so much easier but I see where you're coming from.

I don't think I would buy an album on vinyl... I prefer CD's... BUT I would get the greatest hits album just because I feel like it would be rounded enough for me to enjoy the inconvenience of using vinyl since I wouldn't need to skip album tracks

Just now, Saigemusic2 said:

Honestly with how successful the BOMT run was at urban Outfitters, they should release a new britney vinyl every 3-6 months. I’m surprised Oops hasn’t been announced yet. They really need to keep that up. I LOVE my BOMT vinyl.

Same. It feels like Xtina's follow up came pretty soon but it's been months since Baby came out and they keep adding people I've never heard of. Not being ignorant and I know Oops is an old album but clearly it would sell out super fast so demand is there. I just hope they don't do a giant $400 boxset because doing it like you said every 3-6 months would be so much easier.

1 minute ago, jordeezy said:

I don't think I would buy an album on vinyl... I prefer CD's... BUT I would get the greatest hits album just because I feel like it would be rounded enough for me to enjoy the inconvenience of using vinyl since I wouldn't need to skip album tracks

It's so nice to see people who still like CD's!! I hate today's kids with their "SHE BROKE STREAMING RECORDS" attitude, like it means something. That's the good thing about greatest hits, you can guarantee you'd like the majority and can just sit there are listen without worrying about when to skip.

Same. It feels like Xtina's follow up came pretty soon but it's been months since Baby came out and they keep adding people I've never heard of. Not being ignorant and I know Oops is an old album but clearly it would sell out super fast so demand is there. I just hope they don't do a giant $400 boxset because doing it like you said every 3-6 months would be so much easier.

Honestly the box set wouldn’t sell as fast so they would be stupid to do that. And I would cry. 

Yeah they need OOPS & BRITNEY out by Christmas . They will cash in so hard . 

It's so nice to see people who still like CD's!! I hate today's kids with their "SHE BROKE STREAMING RECORDS" attitude, like it means something. That's the good thing about greatest hits, you can guarantee you'd like the majority and can just sit there are listen without worrying about when to skip.

I am such a 2000s kid.. I still use CD's.. I like the sound quality better than vinyl BUT I do like older music on vinyl 

1 minute ago, Saigemusic2 said:

Honestly the box set wouldn’t sell as fast so they would be stupid to do that. And I would cry. 

Yeah they need OOPS & BRITNEY out by Christmas . They will cash in so hard . 

I never thought I'd live to see Baby on vinyl so there is hope!! The Rihanna boxset P'd me off so much. First, it was super expensive (I know it had 8 albums worth of vinyl and at about £25 each plus the book, £250 isn't terrible but who can afford that)?! Second, three or four of the albums were already on vinyl so you had to buy them again. Third, a few months later, they released the vinyls separately when people already bought the boxset. Talk about cashing in. At least with Britney, the majority would be fresh but it'd still cost a bomb.

1 minute ago, jordeezy said:

I am such a 2000s kid.. I still use CD's.. I like the sound quality better than vinyl BUT I do like older music on vinyl 

These kids with their speakers in their cars make me sick! Overly dramatic, I know, but I love taking all my cds with me in the car because guaranteed, the radio stations only play today's "hits", which I mostly can't stand. I also love cassettes. It's not about the quality for me, it's just seeing the music on different formats and collecting different versions. Kylie released Golden on cassette this year and I almost died. UO are quite good for that sort of stuff too, I just hate paying their shipping fees but since nowhere else wants to release Britney vinyls...I'm droning on again, I hear it. :nochillbrit:

Archived