Is the Piece of Me DVD still happening?

fintan

I heard a few weeks ago that the London show on the 26th August was gonna be filmed cause some people got e-mails saying their seats were being moved for video cameras. I'm going to that show but I never got an e-mail, probably cause my seats are already quite close to the stage. Has anyone heard of any updates on this?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Fab britney said:

I feel like it’s just filming for news outlets I feel like if it was filmed for major release u would have to be notified of potentially being filmed

yeah that is a good point but I remember when Gaga filmed her tour in Birmingham last year the people who went to the concert said they were only told when they got there 

41 minutes ago, Fab britney said:

I feel like it’s just filming for news outlets I feel like if it was filmed for major release u would have to be notified of potentially being filmed

No I think they don't need an authorisation for filming groups of people.

5 minutes ago, ydmc said:

No I think they don't need an authorisation for filming groups of people.

They will usually post signs around the venue if they are filming but they don't legally have to. By going to a public event you wave that consent.

I would say there's a small chance they might. They usually film when there are multiple shows in one venue and she will have multiple in London and Paris. However, I wouldn't hold my breath. We all know how cheap and lazy she and her team are.

1 hour ago, Fab britney said:

No. TV News and media outlets film almost every major concert in big cities as there is media coverage. To film that they wouldn’t need to remove people and change seatings lol. There is more than enough space for a small TV crew to film some material to use in reports.

This is for something bigger, which could be a DVD or a TV special. We will have to wait and see!

2 minutes ago, NiceSpears said:

No. TV News and media outlets film almost every major concert in big cities as there is media coverage. To film that they wouldn’t need to remove people and change seatings lol. There is more than enough space for a small TV crew to film some material to use in reports.

This is for something bigger, which could be a DVD or a TV special. We will have to wait and see!

A tv special would be nice! I can see a 20th anniversary blue ray or something 

2 minutes ago, Fab britney said:

5 minutes ago, NiceSpears said:

I really hope so but... we still have the Apple show filmed... not sure they want to do a DVD after that.... we'll see :)

I doubt the cost of making/distributing DVDs/Blu Rays isn’t something they’ll take on (who knows with her Epic Rights partnership though). I am thinking it’d more likely be for a streaming service like Netflix and maybe a documentary of her actually touring and buses/planes would be incorporated with it.

11 minutes ago, Fab britney said:

I hadn’t seen this post before my above one. I do actually think a Blu-Ray being made specifically for the 20th anniversary with more than just POM on it is a possibility.

7 minutes ago, Derrick said:

If they were gonna make a dvd of the show, wouldn’t they have done it and sold it in Vegas during the show? :juggingu:

I really don’t think they have any plans to release anything. 

Maybe the reason is Caesars (PH) decided not to allow it. They only seemed to decide on allowing her to air performances from the former Axis on the ‘15 BBMA’s & ‘18 NYRE because each time it also advertised their resort & the technology of their incorporated theater. Just my thought.

17 minutes ago, Dublingin said:

What’s the point in shooting the show in its current state? Yeah it’s fun to see her energetic and into it, but a big part of the charm was the tree and all the props that made the show a spectacle in Vegas. If those aren’t in it, why bother?

The o2 arena is quite big and since she's ging to be there for 3 days in a row, they might actually bring the props!

Archived