The Hook Up appreciation thread

The Hook Up is one of the best non-single of ITZ according to my ears, such a unique sounding Britney song. Graceful, catchy and vibey with jungle feels. We only got a performance on the tour, but it was flawless. It's on my top 10 performances by Britney or even higher.

I wish it'd have been single in the place of Outrageous or even just should have had promo performances like BOM and I Got That (Boom Boom).

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, I'mNotTheAverageLady said:

It's on my top 10 performances by Britney or even higher.

Agreed. The performance actually made me a big fan of the song as I didn’t initially love it.

The only problem with the (Showtime) performance is the horrible camera work, which zooms in on her face or out to the audience while she’s performing amazing choreography. Like, when she does that crazy high jump in the air, it’s far away and partly obscured by a fan’s head! That always pisses me off. The HBO special is literally the only time she’s had fantastic camera work that hasn’t cut off key parts of choreo.

8 hours ago, LostInAnImage said:

Agreed. The performance actually made me a big fan of the song as I didn’t initially love it.

Exactly! At the first listenings I found it a little boring, but when I saw the performance I fell in love with it

10 hours ago, DignifiedLove said:

Average at best. One of my least favorites on the album.

HighSmugDachshund.gif

At first listen I found it average too. Have you seen the performance tho? I guess you have, but give it another watch please:bigtime: or not. But it's so smooth

tumblr_mpbfi6t7G31r3ty02o1_500.gif

11 hours ago, I'mNotTheAverageLady said:

The Hook Up is one of the best non-single of ITZ according to my ears, such a unique sounding Britney song. Graceful, catchy and vibey with jungle feels. We only got a performance on the tour, but it was flawless. It's on my top 10 performances by Britney or even higher.

I wish it'd have been single in the place of Outrageous or even just should have had promo performances like BOM and I Got That (Boom Boom).

I love that song! I do think it’s underrated. I also know the dance routine to this so it makes the song even better. 

2 hours ago, I'mNotTheAverageLady said:

Exactly! At the first listenings I found it a little boring, but when I saw the performance I fell in love with it

At first listen I found it average too. Have you seen the performance tho? I guess you have, but give it another watch please:bigtime: or not. But it's so smooth

tumblr_mpbfi6t7G31r3ty02o1_500.gif

that's a Slave gif though :jackk:

6rIg.gif

Archived