I giving Britney some props!!

BlackoutExtreme

I will say this, yes the choreography is lame and most times poorly executed, however; Britney is continually moving in some fashion. She has no slow songs being performed, and is always dancing. I commend that in her. For an 1 1/2 hrs (I don’t really know how long the show is) she is always moving in some fashion. For the length of the show she is doing her thing and really not stopping at any point. 

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, after being a Britney fan since the Oops... era, I FINALLY saw her live at Radio City the other night and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. For one... the way people drag her on here, people who are supposed to be her fans, I was soo nervous for the show and was bracing for the worst but I had such a great time and I was so impressed. Considering she's a mom of 2 in her 30's who's been doing this since she was 16, not to mention what she has been through with her mental health, I felt so proud and so lucky to be there even. She doesn't have to tour. Honestly, she owes us nothing. But she still performs so it has to be for the love of it because even though she's making a ton of money from it, she can get a nice income without it as well. As for her dancing, honestly it's not so different than it was before. Yes, obviously, she used to be better but the style is still pretty much the same. I know people say she's stiff but seeing it in person it's kind of the opposite. She's almost too fluid in her movements, and she never quite hits the move and instead just flows into the next one, but that's still not necessarily bad. All in all, she exceeded my expectations and if she tours again or does another residency I will most certainly be going.

16 minutes ago, Duffney said:

Ok, after being a Britney fan since the Oops... era, I FINALLY saw her live at Radio City the other night and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. For one... the way people drag her on here, people who are supposed to be her fans, I was soo nervous for the show and was bracing for the worst but I had such a great time and I was so impressed. Considering she's a mom of 2 in her 30's who's been doing this since she was 16, not to mention what she has been through with her mental health, I felt so proud and so lucky to be there even. She doesn't have to tour. Honestly, she owes us nothing. But she still performs so it has to be for the love of it because even though she's making a ton of money from it, she can get a nice income without it as well. As for her dancing, honestly it's not so different than it was before. Yes, obviously, she used to be better but the style is still pretty much the same. I know people say she's stiff but seeing it in person it's kind of the opposite. She's almost too fluid in her movements, and she never quite hits the move and instead just flows into the next one, but that's still not necessarily bad. All in all, she exceeded my expectations and if she tours again or does another residency I will most certainly be going.

I will play devils advocate here, JLo is 49 with two kids and dances her *** off. 

7 hours ago, BlackoutExtreme said:

I will play devils advocate here, JLo is 49 with two kids and dances her *** off. 

Yes, that’s true, but honestly JLo’s always been a better dancer. Plus there are many other factors that put them on a different playing field. Jlo did not have such a public rise and fall like Britney did. Not to mention how young Britney was when she first started/was at the height of her fame. Like 2002 was a peak year for both of them... Jlo was 33, Britney was 21 and I think Britney being so famous at such a young age was obviously what led to her breakdown which clearly had an effect on her going forward. I’m just saying for where she’s been and what she’s gone through, I was very happy to see her still out there performing and giving it her all. And I truly believe she was giving it her all despite many people on this site saying she doesn’t care anymore.

8 hours ago, Duffney said:

Well this made me smile. So glad you had a blast and I hope you get the chance to see her again. :badgirl:

Oh my gosh, guys! I danced the WHOLE show last night and, let me tell you :madance: I was SO close to taking a seat for more than a few times because I was SO tired. haha MY NECK, MY LEGS, MY BUTT!!!

She's rocking it better than me!

LOVE HER!

Seriously, Britney killed it! She's growing stronger with every experience she's creating. 

Love this soul sister of ours!        :giggleney:

10 hours ago, Duffney said:

So well written! Love this!

2 hours ago, Britman512 said:

I just wish she did move her arms and bend her knees for every good damn word she lipsynchs the majority of her dancing is overkill

I don’t know, it does seem off that she never really freely move her arms...they are always so stiff. Everything she does now is so rigid. 

But it would be nice though that somewhere during  the show, she was able to slow it down and regroup. 

2 hours ago, Duffney said:

Yes, that’s true, but honestly JLo’s always been a better dancer. Plus there are many other factors that put them on a different playing field. Jlo did not have such a public rise and fall like Britney did. Not to mention how young Britney was when she first started/was at the height of her fame. Like 2002 was a peak year for both of them... Jlo was 33, Britney was 21 and I think Britney being so famous at such a young age was obviously what led to her breakdown which clearly had an effect on her going forward. I’m just saying for where she’s been and what she’s gone through, I was very happy to see her still out there performing and giving it her all. And I truly believe she was giving it her all despite many people on this site saying she doesn’t care anymore.

This is also great! And I definitely agree with you because during the show, I noticed she kept looking up at the screens on the sides.

I did the same thing, and I realized she could get a good view of how the performance was looking for us.

I think she was very conscious of it, and would make adjustments to her body to look better. =) Just normal things we all would do! It looked great!

Britney Spears put on a great concert show last night! Boyfriend agreed!

I think we all need to take a moment to recalibrate our recognition of the amount of work this woman has, and how good, fun, and entertaining it is.

Britney really is something pure and special–nonetheless, she's a hashtag girlboss that runs a massive work balance and does it so well.

I hope we're where she's at someday... still my number one inspiration!

Have those of you that are always bitching about POM actually seen the show? I've seen it live 5 times and it's incredibly fun. Shitty videos don't do seeing Britney Spears looking so amazing and having fun justice. It IS and WAS a great show we're just bored of it! The costumes are a little basic but not the monstrosities you all make them out to be – especially in person. Relax and be happy for everyone who is getting to see their idol and Queen :bigkiss:

Archived