Stream Glory now! #GlorySummerParty

:jamout::jamout:

so we should celebrate that Glory is still alive.

Let's stream/buy it!!!!! :groovin:

post the link of the album/song on your twitter/facebook/Instagram stories!

Especially the new songs added: Clumsy/Change Your Mind/If I'm Dancing!

:makesomenoise::makesomenoise::makesomenoise:

#GlorySummerParty

:cinderellaney::cinderellaney:

Glory (Deluxe Version) de Britney Spears

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some people over here use to say that Glory aged like cheese and FF is still fresh...
I could not disagree more tbh... I feel like FF's songs are very very 2011  (like 808) and doesn't sound fresh at all!
Obviously there are some gems!

Glory is so much more sophisticated and fine (with exceptions) and everytime you listen to a song you can hear a new sound
that makes it even more interesting!

11 minutes ago, sibode said:

Some people over here use to say that Glory aged like cheese and FF is still fresh...
I could not disagree more tbh... I feel like FF's songs are very very 2011  (like 808) and doesn't sound fresh at all!
 Obviously there are some gems!

Glory is so much more sophisticated and fine (with exceptions) and everytime you listen to a song you can hear a new sound
that makes it even more interesting!

:mcwave:I think glory is surprisingly fresh but i hate the 808-ridden beats. It's not just Britney  but literally any pop song in past few years is nothing but distorted 808-drum. Glory is still my favorite album because of the vocals :sendinglove:

1 minute ago, Stannedforever said:

:mcwave:I think glory is surprisingly fresh but i hate the 808-ridden beats. It's not just Britney  but literally any pop song in past few years is nothing but distorted 808-drum. Glory is still my favorite album because of the vocals :sendinglove:

Well... Glory is not very 808... I mean... Make Me has not 808... CLUMSY does... but it's really maybe the only one, amarite? 

38 minutes ago, sibode said:

Well... Glory is not very 808... I mean... Make Me has not 808... CLUMSY does... but it's really maybe the only one, amarite? 

You might think that 808 is just the annoying snare sample and those famous loops used in rap songs but this particular long kick is also 808 sample. You definitely hear it on almost every single song on glory. Let me list you where you can hear this same kick:

• Invitation 0:03>throughout the song
  • Make me... 0:54-> all the choruses
  • Private show does not use 808 samples
  • Man on the moon 0:19 ->throughout the song
  • Just luv me 0:42-> and choruses
  • Clumsy does not sample this long 808 kick, all the samples are actually handmade in the studio
  • Do you wanna come over does not use this sample
  • Slumber party uses this kick in choruses (it's not in the front like other songs)
  • Just like me does not use this sample
  • Love me down uses this on "la la love me" parts and it's super distorted (still a bop)
  • Hard to forget you does not use this sample
  • What you need does not use this sample
  • Better uses this sample from start
  • Change your mind 0:25-> and choruses
  • Liar 0:47->
  • If i'm dancing does not use this sample
  • Coupure électrique does not use this sample
  • Mood ring 0:18->

I'm not saying it makes the songs bad, it's just kinda makes the songs too one dimensional cause long 808 kick is safe bet. I would love if this trend of using 808 kick as bassline would fade away soon.

Archived