Jump to content

As a fan ...


Recommended Posts

Even as a fan, i start to see britney as a joke sometimes when it comes to her career. Im still a fan of hers and i cant explain why. It feels like im under her spell and i cannot stop being her fan. :tifftear:

But i also know that she doest sing, she can NOT dance anymore and she doesnt even bother to move her lips during playback and she doesnt care about her career. I know the fact that she can not compete ANY popular artist out there today. Cuz she has nothing to give except her OLD hits. Thats it. She is all about her old hits. If she was a new artist, she would not last even 1 year with her performing skills. 

She is a joke in music industry. She is respected for her old stuff, not for her current skills. People dont take her seriously anymore .

But im still a fan of hers :unbothered: What did you do to me Britney? :unbothered: Its Witchney ***** :shhh:

Link to comment
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i prefer brit lipsync to cd recordings, than to sing like katy perry rihanna or the likes... nobody wants to hear off-pitch sloppy vocals. and have u seen that gwen stefani residency videos, she moves like she's learning to walk for the first time and ppl have the nerve to come for brit's dancing :mcorangu:

people make it out like thiefonce is the best performer but even she doesn't sing her songs live 80% of the time, she used pre-recorded vocals on hard routines, and on important events aka the presidential inauguration thingy, and yet she didn't get a huge backlash for it. the only artists these days who seem to sing live 90% of the time are adele, and xtina and that girl from cirque du soleil. 

Link to comment
12 minutes ago, loagun said:

Interesting. I thought she moved quite a bit at her LV residency I attended.

She moved but did she dance good? For me the answer is no 95% of the time and the other 5% she did do good. But overall for someone that doesn’t try to sing, it’s a huge problem. 

2 hours ago, STJ said:

i prefer brit lipsync to cd recordings, than to sing like katy perry rihanna or the likes... nobody wants to hear off-pitch sloppy vocals. and have u seen that gwen stefani residency videos, she moves like she's learning to walk for the first time and ppl have the nerve to come for brit's dancing :mcorangu:

people make it out like thiefonce is the best performer but even she doesn't sing her songs live 80% of the time, she used pre-recorded vocals on hard routines, and on important events aka the presidential inauguration thingy, and yet she didn't get a huge backlash for it. the only artists these days who seem to sing live 90% of the time are adele, and xtina and that girl from cirque du soleil. 

Most ppl do though and that is why they are slaying (Katy isn’t now) but Taylor and Rihanna are and Britney is not. 

Something has to give some where. Either visuals, dancing, or singing. It’s not what others are doing, it’s about what Britney isn’t doing. 

Link to comment

ive been a stan since 1998 and i always defended everything she did - until POM. vegas was the turning point for me. the bad costumes, hair, makeup, lipping, no pre-recorded vocals, level of dancing/energy, scripted crowd interaction, production quality... everything was just so bad. after that i've been critical of her bc i don't get why and how it got to this level. it's beyond ability, it's her taste and her level of caring.

Link to comment
2 hours ago, STJ said:

i prefer brit lipsync to cd recordings, than to sing like katy perry rihanna or the likes... nobody wants to hear off-pitch sloppy vocals. and have u seen that gwen stefani residency videos, she moves like she's learning to walk for the first time and ppl have the nerve to come for brit's dancing :mcorangu:

people make it out like thiefonce is the best performer but even she doesn't sing her songs live 80% of the time, she used pre-recorded vocals on hard routines, and on important events aka the presidential inauguration thingy, and yet she didn't get a huge backlash for it. the only artists these days who seem to sing live 90% of the time are adele, and xtina and that girl from cirque du soleil. 

First of all, Beyoncé did get backlash for the inauguration. However, the ***** was sick and held a press conference after where she sang the anthem completely live in front of the press: a bad ***** move we could only dream of Britney doing. Beyoncé has the ability to shut her haters up in the moment, not randomly struggling through some random cover on a random tour date. Moving on!

Obviously people do love off-pitch sloppy vocals from the other pop girls because they consistently get better reviews and reception than Britney. People value ARTISTRY and EFFORT these days. We aren’t in the 90s anymore. And Britney isn’t dancing hard enough to justify lipping anymore, which is why her image is being ruined. 

Link to comment
Just now, Goku said:

also: the surgery. she was gorgeous at the beginning of 2013.

her body/face is more important than her music. :mj:

I dont really care about that bc that's her personal life. I care more about why her performances, which is what she's known for professionally, aren't professional.

Link to comment
1 minute ago, ITZFFGL said:

First of all, Beyoncé did get backlash for the inauguration. However, the ***** was sick and held a press conference after where she sang the anthem completely live in front of the press: a bad ***** move we could only dream of Britney doing. Beyoncé has the ability to shut her haters up in the moment, not randomly struggling through some random cover on a random tour date. Moving on!

Obviously people do love off-pitch sloppy vocals from the other pop girls because they consistently get better reviews and reception than Britney. People value ARTISTRY and EFFORT these days. We aren’t in the 90s anymore. And Britney isn’t dancing hard enough to justify lipping anymore, which is why her image is being ruined. 

Very true. Britney set a standard for her generation of artists in the 90s - to dance. Then when the next generation came on the scene (Selana, Miley, Demi) Britney has already slowed down so the GP standard went down. Now people think Taylor Swift is a good entertainer.

Link to comment

I agree, I'm just here for the music. I've been a fan for 11 years now and basically never lived through her prime but I'm still here :lustney: Ha impact. The quote of LA Reid about her is really true; she just has that certain something like Marilyn that makes you invest in her so much. That has always been her biggest talent.

Link to comment
2 hours ago, rik said:

What's the point of this post? I hope you realize that having several public breakdowns does take a tole on some people. It goes as far as movements; add on multiple knee injuries and there you go.

This is such a dumb fan base.

the rehearsals says the otherwise. she can dance there. but on the stage she doesnt even bother. and if she thinks she can not do it, she can just quit the business for a while. she doesnt need money or anyhtng else. but she just love making money and being lazy. be real.

Link to comment

You are too radical.. yes she doesn’t dance as good as she was (I don’t think she can’t be better I think she won’t).. everyone’s lipsycink but Britney is just too honest about it (except she doesn’t really know what is lip syncing I guess :D)..

the problem is that people took her to the point when she broke and I don’t really know if she will be fixed someday but she’s trying to in a mental condition an least.. 

i know that 2007 breakdown isn’t excuse anymore but it happened and it won’t be gone.. she lost some sparks.. thing can’t be undone and Britney fans should realise that.. I’m really great full that she’s continue making music and sometimes I feel angry and think she’s too lazy person but we don’t know the whole story.. we know about 10-20% of her story, her abilities, mental condition, skills she can offer, intellect she has, creativity she can offer.. and yes it sucks. I don’t know her career moving like she wants/her dad wants/her doctor wants/recording studio wants.. but here we are and here we have a legend who is truly talented but broken.. we want more but I don’t know if it’s right as fan to demand it at those point of her condition (I don’t even know what is her condition lol)..

and yeah I will still defend her because she deserves it.. Britney is an artist who needs to be defended even by her fans.. that’s sad. And I don’t think that this kind of topics is appropriate - that’s just my opinion. Thanks and bye:angietea:

Link to comment

Omg are ppl still in here doing these sad, unhappy no- lifer, dragging and shady threads about her? :watrusayin: + add a sleeping emojii. 

***** is about to go on another world tour and everyone is excited and pumped. But ppl in here tho... PPL IN HERE THO... omgosh 

*prays for you* 

Link to comment
12 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

She moved but did she dance good? For me the answer is no 95% of the time and the other 5% she did do good. But overall for someone that doesn’t try to sing, it’s a huge problem. 

Most ppl do though and that is why they are slaying (Katy isn’t now) but Taylor and Rihanna are and Britney is not. 

Something has to give some where. Either visuals, dancing, or singing. It’s not what others are doing, it’s about what Britney isn’t doing. 

And it all goes back to an artist that feels she doesn't have anything else to prove. :jlostare: This is what people will continue to get because there's no motivation to challenge herself. But I guess I'll keep saying what I've been saying. At least people have the freedom of choice to support what they want to when it concerns their favorite celebrity. 

Link to comment

Britney compared to her old self ofc sometimes looks like a joke due to the high work ethic she and her label set during her early years in her career.

Britney compared to current pop girls is not that bad. Yes, she does playback and her dancing skills are not as they were during her prime but even though she is still better than many current pop girls these days. 

Link to comment
5 hours ago, Goku said:

excuse me. she's known for her music videos, her lolita look, **** body, are we talking about the same girl? :mj:

her face is part of the big money machine, you can't deny that. :NYsassy:

She obviously looked great during the New Years Eve Performance, with the right stylists.

But she really doesn't feel like she owes the public anything.  She should look her best and perform her best during her shows/M&Gs (and fragrance ads) but other than that she doesn't owe anything.

Link to comment
12 hours ago, glitterfalls said:

And it all goes back to an artist that feels she doesn't have anything else to prove. :jlostare: This is what people will continue to get because there's no motivation to challenge herself. But I guess I'll keep saying what I've been saying. At least people have the freedom of choice to support what they want to when it concerns their favorite celebrity. 

I won’t support messes anymore. If it’s good quality I will support but if not nope. 

 

Link to comment

So you guys haven’t seen the improvement in her performances since Femme Fatale Tour? Her dancing, energy, stage presence has improved in MAJOR ways. She is clearly much happier now in her life, you can see it in the M&G photos, her life with Sam and her kids. She released her best album since 2007 because she actually cared.

 

You are all way too judgmental. Don’t be ignorant. Y’all all know what she went through and none of us can relate to the trauma she went through and the anxiety she still suffers from all of that.

 

Anyway, I PERSONALLY am excited to see her kill it on her tour and continue to give us great shows and new music* (hopefully)

Link to comment

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...