So, how are Britney's albums ranked for you right now?

Urbanney

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Towelney said:

You don’t like Love Me Down or Just Luv Me? :yasqueen:

It’s not that I don’t like, they sounds good indeed but idk, I don’t get Original Britney’s vibes, like if I hear that on a radio or somewhere, I will never guess it’s Britney’s song tbh. I don’t like the Glory era too, I think Femme Fatale remains to be the last album where there’s this Britney’s popular touch, something special that I feel from BOMT to Femme Fatale, after that, it doesn’t sounds Britney since Britney Jean and Glory. :yaknow:

8 minutes ago, MSTAR said:

It’s not that I don’t like, they sounds good indeed but idk, I don’t get Original Britney’s vibes, like if I hear that on a radio or somewhere, I will never guess it’s Britney’s song tbh. I don’t like the Glory era too, I think Femme Fatale remains to be the last album where there’s this Britney’s popular touch, something special that I feel from BOMT to Femme Fatale, after that, it doesn’t sounds Britney since Britney Jean and Glory. :yaknow:

Glory for me felt tacky and cheap. It felt like her team didnt give a S About it. Heck They Didnt Shoot An Album Cover For the original Version

27 minutes ago, Britney-fan12332143 said:

Glory for me felt tacky and cheap. It felt like her team didnt give a S About it. Heck They Didnt Shoot An Album Cover For the original Version

Yeah, I feel like Glory is cheap and there’s no high production on it.

0. Original Doll :;) It would have been her most legendary album HOW DARE they scrap it  :howdareyou: :meltdown:

1. Blackout: Me trynna find a flaw on the standard edition of this album: :snooptoya: . ALL of the standard tracks are perfect, the demos for the album were flawless, people say In The Zone was her creativity peak but considering how many demos for Blackout that could have been worldwide hits were recorded, I have to say the time period between the end of In The Zone until Blackout was done was Britney's creativity peak :lemmetellu:

2. In The Zone: I CANNOT BELIEVE I USED TO DISLIKE THIS ALBUM:bang:, like I listened to it again and.... :wigsnatched:, Breathe on Me, Toxic, Touch of my Hand, Everytime, Showdown, Early Mornin', really just the entire album is so CLEVER and has some of the best tracks in her discography :yesplease:, I'm currently debating on if I actually like this album better than Blackout :explainlol:

3. Britney (2001): The first Britney album I ever got on CD :tiffanynod:, I love the hip-hop & R&B tracks :madance: and the ballads are beautiful :fakecry:. There's only maybe, a handful at MOST of tracks that I don't like. This whole era was amazing though and was the peak of Britney's performance skills . I'm sad this album isn't more remembered, I can't believe they banned her from the radio in the U.S. and prevented this album from getting a huge defining hit, that's so petty :ririshade2:

4. Oops!... I Did It Again: I consider this album like the little sister of the Britney (2001) album :barbie:, even though it's the older one of the two :haha:. There's only one track I dislike, Can't Make You Love Me, and it isn't even bad. I prefer Britney (2001) though because I enjoy the songs that I do like a lot more there than on this album. However, this album has SO many anthems like... (What U See) Is What U Get, Stronger, Don't Go Knockin' On My Door:lizzie: . Beautiful vocals (Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know, Where Are You Know :katybelt:, When Your Eyes Say It, etc). Beautiful themes (Lucky), it's just amazing and so underrated :sobbing:

5. Glory: There's just something missing from this album, you know? I think it suffers from being too mid-tempo, there aren't really any tracks that make you wanna dance  :duadance:  (Do You Wanna Come Over could have filled this position if it delved into a more hip-hop sound) and there were no stunning ballads :crying4:,however the vocals were pretty nice, the songs overall were good but a lot of it is beginning to sound dated. Invitation was the best opening they could have ever done, her voice on there is like heaven. Make Me was a horrible lead single choice, Slumber Party was ahead of it's time (It sounds like 2018 pop even though it was released in 2016 and it still could potentially be released today), Liar should have been more than a bonus track, Mood Ring should have been on the album instead of Private Show which should have been the Japanese bonus track, overall there's a few fillers but the album in general is very nice and I'm extremely thankful for how much it upped Britney's performance skills and confidence :prettyney:

6. Circus: It's actually really good! A solid piece of work and while it seemed a bit rushed and the songs weren't very cohesive, most of them were still good. Sadly this album will always be overlooked due to how much the fandom (deservingly) loves Blackout. The singles are great (Even Radar :jj:) and there's so many hidden gems on this album (Shattered Glass, Out from Under, Unusual You, Mannequin) although there definitely are fillers :mhm:

7. ...Baby One More time: Okay, I'm actually SHOCKED at how low I'm ranking this. All of the singles were amazing (YES even From the Bottom of My Broken Heart) and the music videos were all really good, her vocals were still pure and they sound so beautiful that even the fillers tracks are listenable because of her vocals like I'm shocked at how I can listen to a song like E-Mail My Heart or Soda Pop and want to put it on repeat because of the vocals :katyclown:. I'm So Curious deserved to be more than a Korean B-side to Sometimes and should have been on the album. It was a solid debut and solidified her as an icon in pop culture. This and the Oops!... I Did It Again album are so underrated by the fandom omg, why doesn't anyone ever talk about these two :tiffanycries:. The demos from this era are also great and I hope more will come out because all of the ones that have are...:praisega: 

8. Femme Fatale: The music videos were okay but this album... I really don't get how it was so successful :huh: Other than the singles + He About to Lose Me and Inside Out it's pretty much all fillers and tracks that you want to skip. This was the start of Britney's extreme decline as a performer. Glory deserves this album's success to be honest. The album is overrated by the fandom in my opinion :chrissy: and her first two albums deserved to be as recognized as much by the fandom as this one is :quirkney:

9. Britney Jean (2013): :imok::flop::trash:

3 hours ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

0. Original Doll :;) It would have been her most legendary album HOW DARE they scrap it  :howdareyou: :meltdown:

1. Blackout: Me trynna find a flaw on the standard edition of this album: :snooptoya: . ALL of the standard tracks are perfect, the demos for the album were flawless, people say In The Zone was her creativity peak but considering how many demos for Blackout that could have been worldwide hits were recorded, I have to say the time period between the end of In The Zone until Blackout was done was Britney's creativity peak :lemmetellu:

2. In The Zone: I CANNOT BELIEVE I USED TO DISLIKE THIS ALBUM:bang:, like I listened to it again and.... :wigsnatched:, Breathe on Me, Toxic, Touch of my Hand, Everytime, Showdown, Early Mornin', really just the entire album is so CLEVER and has some of the best tracks in her discography :yesplease:, I'm currently debating on if I actually like this album better than Blackout :explainlol:

3. Britney (2001): The first Britney album I ever got on CD :tiffanynod:, I love the hip-hop & R&B tracks :madance: and the ballads are beautiful :fakecry:. There's only maybe, a handful at MOST of tracks that I don't like. This whole era was amazing though and was the peak of Britney's performance skills . I'm sad this album isn't more remembered, I can't believe they banned her from the radio in the U.S. and prevented this album from getting a huge defining hit, that's so petty :ririshade2:

4. Oops!... I Did It Again: I consider this album like the little sister of the Britney (2001) album :barbie:, even though it's the older one of the two :haha:. There's only one track I dislike, Can't Make You Love Me, and it isn't even bad. I prefer Britney (2001) though because I enjoy the songs that I do like a lot more there than on this album. However, this album has SO many anthems like... (What U See) Is What U Get, Stronger, Don't Go Knockin' On My Door:lizzie: . Beautiful vocals (Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know, Where Are You Know :katybelt:, When Your Eyes Say It, etc). Beautiful themes (Lucky), it's just amazing and so underrated :sobbing:

5. Glory: There's just something missing from this album, you know? I think it suffers from being too mid-tempo, there aren't really any tracks that make you wanna dance  :duadance:  (Do You Wanna Come Over could have filled this position if it delved into a more hip-hop sound) and there were no stunning ballads :crying4:,however the vocals were pretty nice, the songs overall were good but a lot of it is beginning to sound dated. Invitation was the best opening they could have ever done, her voice on there is like heaven. Make Me was a horrible lead single choice, Slumber Party was ahead of it's time (It sounds like 2018 pop even though it was released in 2016 and it still could potentially be released today), Liar should have been more than a bonus track, Mood Ring should have been on the album instead of Private Show which should have been the Japanese bonus track, overall there's a few fillers but the album in general is very nice and I'm extremely thankful for how much it upped Britney's performance skills and confidence :prettyney:

6. Circus: It's actually really good! A solid piece of work and while it seemed a bit rushed and the songs weren't very cohesive, most of them were still good. Sadly this album will always be overlooked due to how much the fandom (deservingly) loves Blackout. The singles are great (Even Radar :jj:) and there's so many hidden gems on this album (Shattered Glass, Out from Under, Unusual You, Mannequin) although there definitely are fillers :mhm:

7. ...Baby One More time: Okay, I'm actually SHOCKED at how low I'm ranking this. All of the singles were amazing (YES even From the Bottom of My Broken Heart) and the music videos were all really good, her vocals were still pure and they sound so beautiful that even the fillers tracks are listenable because of her vocals like I'm shocked at how I can listen to a song like E-Mail My Heart or Soda Pop and want to put it on repeat because of the vocals :katyclown:. I'm So Curious deserved to be more than a Korean B-side to Sometimes and should have been on the album. It was a solid debut and solidified her as an icon in pop culture. This and the Oops!... I Did It Again album are so underrated by the fandom omg, why doesn't anyone ever talk about these two :tiffanycries:. The demos from this era are also great and I hope more will come out because all of the ones that have are...:praisega: 

8. Femme Fatale: The music videos were okay but this album... I really don't get how it was so successful :huh: Other than the singles + He About to Lose Me and Inside Out it's pretty much all fillers and tracks that you want to skip. This was the start of Britney's extreme decline as a performer. Glory deserves this album's success to be honest. The album is overrated by the fandom in my opinion :chrissy: and her first two albums deserved to be as recognized as much by the fandom as this one is :quirkney:

9. Britney Jean (2013): :imok::flop::trash:

This was so entertaining to read :haha:

So many great points were made :tiffanynod:

• 3 months later...
On 8/5/2020 at 2:42 PM, Blackout2006 said:

Now that this thread has revived, heres my take:

1. Blackout (legendary album)
  2. In the zone (Hip-hop infused pop masterpiece. Still sounds so fresh)
  3. Britney (An amazing album and experience)
  4. Circus (Underrated classic-britney pop masterpiece)
  5. Femme fatale (Britneys best album of the 2010s)
  6. Glory (Overrated in the fandom, but is a fun and great album)
  7. OIDIA (Classic-britney)
  8. BOMT (a decent cheesy debut album)
  9. Myah marie jean (Who?)

My rankings changing: ezgif-3-d0eb933f05c8.gif

This was me in my In The Zone era ezgif-3-d0eb933f05c8.gif

Now my rankings have changed so here thou go ezgif-3-d0eb933f05c8.gif

1. Blackout (Britney Spears album) - Wikipedia
  2. In the Zone - Wikipedia
  3. Buy Britney Online at Low Prices in India | Amazon Music Store - Amazon.in
  4. Oops!... I Did It Again (album) - Wikipedia
  5. Circus [Deluxe Edition]: Amazon.co.uk: Music
  6. Femme Fatale (Britney Spears album) - Wikipedia