Britney Switching between Completely Live and Completely Tracked vocals

flip37

So I've always thought that during this performance of "I'm not a girl, not yet a woman", Britney starts and ends live, but in the middle they switch to a vocal track. What do you all think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Qe7KhfYn1Q

Important times in the song:

• 2:07 -- She presses her ear piece, as some sort of cue that maybe her track is about to start
  • 2:41 -- Definitely sounds like track from this point on...i.e., it's identical to the recording
  • 3:29 -- She presses her ear piece and her vocals become noticeably less perfect 

Having said that...I have to say these are some of her best live vocals of this song.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was really weird. Never saw this performance. And never seen the switching between live and prerecorded. If that’s what’s happening.

I was going to say that the whole thing was prerecorded, but as great as she use to be at tricking us with vocals, she was never that great at little changes she added (see Boys on snl) .

Theres definitely a track there. The background vocals are from the album because her live singers during that era were the worse and always screaming over the track, which they kind of are here. The black one even attempts to sing Britney’s part by accident in this video  

My only theory is maybe some the vocals were dubbed before the show aired because they sounded bad. 

Yeah I watched it again, the vocals were dubbed with studio vocals. Someone thought she sounded bad and fixed it  

4 hours ago, Avatar said:

This was really weird. Never saw this performance. And never seen the switching between live and prerecorded. If that’s what’s happening.

I was going to say that the whole thing was prerecorded, but as great as she use to be at tricking us with vocals, she was never that great at little changes she added (see Boys on snl) .

Theres definitely a track there. The background vocals are from the album because her live singers during that era were the worse and always screaming over the track, which they kind of are here. The black one even attempts to sing Britney’s part by accident in this video  

My only theory is maybe some the vocals were dubbed before the show aired because they sounded bad. 

Yeah I watched it again, the vocals were dubbed with studio vocals. Someone thought she sounded bad and fixed it  

All of this. :tiffanynod:

She sang it live during the actual taping, but was dubbed when it actually aired.  

Archived