Britney'sArmy & Your First "B" Memory

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Stannedforever said:

:janet:24 here

Okay this is not my first b-moment but first one my family noticed. When I was on first grade I was HOOKED with oops... and even if I did not know the lyrics (well excuse me I was 7 and my native language is not english :toocute:) I would sing it until my family pleaded me to stop:haha:

:yesplease:But hearing born to make you happy on the radio constantly was probably my first B-moment. I remember I always hummed it and mimicked the singing until my sister bought her album just to play the song to me:crying1: 

I used to blast touch of my hand and had no idea it was about ************ back then  :haha:

• 2 months later...
On 6/19/2018 at 7:36 PM, jimnezis said:

33 year old proud greek Britter since 1998!

Put the blame on epic BOMT song & vid!

Yes! I’m 34, and a Bostonian. Been a fan since December 1998, or so. At the time, I was 14 and didn’t have cable. I was hanging at my best friend’s house, and he played the BOMT video which he recorded on VHS and immediately I was like, “who is this?!” I was hooked. Before Britney, I was not really tuned into pop culture and all. Just a chubby, closeted nerdy kid. I quickly became obsessed with all things Britney. If I was at the grocery store, I always scoured the magazine aisle for all things Britney. If I was at my friends house, I always went on his computer to check out Britneyspears.com to find out all the upcoming Britney television appearances so that I could record them on vhs. My bestie and I were like, loners in school so Britney was our escape. Ugh she helped us through the angsty tough teenage years. We were social misfits and Britney was one of the few sources of joy at that time. We even skipped school in high school to see crossroads in theater.

:crying4:

I vaguely remember my mom buying the BOMT cd for me back then and I was around 7/8 years old. But I do remember I was watching the Overprotected (Darkchild Remix) music video and I couldn’t stop staring at her, she was like a real life barbie doll. But, been loving her ever since. My mom got me all the singles and albums every time she came out, until I was old enough to buy it myself. I now have a wide collection and I love it. 

As I remember I used to hate Britney, make laugh of her breakdown and call her a druggie. But some day (I was 14 then) I was just lying in my bed listening to songs in the radio and I heard a cool, dark but catchy one. When I went to the school next day I had to check out the song and as I saw Gimme More being a Britney's one I got shocked. Later I just started to look for her other music and went into shock again when I discovered I knew many of her songs. This is how my life with Britney began. :cuteidk:

Somewhat of a dark story here :/ ...

I'm a few months older than Britney and was going through a low point in life, lost all direction to be honest - was bullied from every direction in high school so dropped out of sixth form, hid from the world, literally. Sort of lived in a den/makeshift bedroom I made in a gutted out 2 wheeled caravan where the few mates that I grew up with could smoke (family home is a non smoking one), and from there fell into drugs...

But there'd be times late at night (in Jan '99 - we got her a little later here in the UK), I'd be in my own dream world, writing songs, watching The Box, and the BOMT video would always be on... So the little entertainer in me would be imitating the dance in there, knocking my knuckles on the old overhead cupboards that I probably should have removed cos damn, that **** hurt! haha

Over the next few months I got more and more into dance again, got off the drugs and went to a performing arts school that September. I never really connected the two until self reflecting right now, but I'm guessing that's why I became a fan - Her work ethic and passion for music and dance reignited that in myself... I'm no crazed stan by any means, I'm not blinded to the fact that the woman has made wrong turns like the rest of us. But from where it all started, I do feel somewhat indebted to her and with that, I'll probably always be a fan.

25 minutes ago, yorkster said:

Somewhat of a dark story here :/ ...

I'm a few months older than Britney and was going through a low point in life, lost all direction to be honest - was bullied from every direction in high school so dropped out of sixth form, hid from the world, literally. Sort of lived in a den/makeshift bedroom I made in a gutted out 2 wheeled caravan where the few mates that I grew up with could smoke (family home is a non smoking one), and from there fell into drugs...

But there'd be times late at night (in Jan '99 - we got her a little later here in the UK), I'd be in my own dream world, writing songs, watching The Box, and the BOMT video would always be on... So the little entertainer in me would be imitating the dance in there, knocking my knuckles on the old overhead cupboards that I probably should have removed cos damn, that **** hurt! haha

Over the next few months I got more and more into dance again, got off the drugs and went to a performing arts school that September. I never really connected the two until self reflecting right now, but I'm guessing that's why I became a fan - Her work ethic and passion for music and dance reignited that in myself... I'm no crazed stan by any means, I'm not blinded to the fact that the woman has made wrong turns like the rest of us. But from where it all started, I do feel somewhat indebted to her and with that, I'll probably always be a fan.

thank you for sharing! Quite possibly the most moving thing I’ve read on exhale.

On 6/19/2018 at 2:27 PM, It'sJodieeB!tch said:

Since there is meltdowns and mini meltdowns about to happen everywhere, lets do a positive thread away from the drama....

When "Baby one more time...." first came out, I was a 8 year old boy loving britney (How times change lol)
I remember my sister got BOMT album as a christmas present (she didn't even like her) so, I traded my present with her for Britney lol
I was Instantly hooked and the rest was history!

Even drove my mums phone bill up to £100 requesting Britney on "The Box" TV at one point

:haha:

Is it just me, or is most of the 1998 - present britney army now in there late 20's / early 30's?
I'm 28 and still to this day I can't get enough Britney!

How old is everyone here? What was your first memory of being a britney fan and, what single/album was out when you first become a fan of Miss B?

I was 12 when BOMT came out, and was a fan instantly. Heard the song on the radio and went to the record store to buy the single. Bought the album later on and the Oops album but became a superfan when I first heard and saw slave (the music video) I was OBSESSED with it. Never stopped stanning since. Saw her live 4 times. Always supported her, never once doubted to keep supporting her.

On 6/20/2018 at 9:46 AM, Inuyasha said:

I was born towards the end of the Britney Era (I'm turning 16 next month), so I never got to experience Primeney:tiffanycries:. But I always grew up with her music, especially during the Circus and Femme Fatale eras. I remember being blown away by the HIAM GMA  performance when i was like 9:mcorangu:. However, I kind of forgot about her until 2016. I always knew who she was, but I always thought she was just some crazy medicated chick with bops:gimmemoar:. So I was watching the BBMA's two years ago, fresh out of 8th grade and my wig was SNATCHED by Britney's performance. I remember especially being slayed by the TOMH performance so I heard it on youtube, where I then proceeded to listen to ITZ, and eventually the rest of her discography. I spent all that summer just indulging myself in all her music/peformamces/apperances, so summer 2016 was a really fun time for me, and well here I am now :tehe:

I'm 32 and a fan since '98 and I loved reading this. Must have been pretty cool to discover her and then discover all of her amazing music and performances.

I have been fan since I was about 5. I have so many pictures cutted out of magazines. My first album I had was “Britney”. 

I remember my country did competion thing that you had to send Pepsi’s picture from the bottle and then someone won tickets to America and DWAD tour tickets. When I realized that I didn’t won, I started to cry. :crying2:

But about 16 years later my dream came true. I saw Britney for the first time at POM tour. :clap:

Archived