Jump to content

Britney'sArmy & Your First "B" Memory


Recommended Posts

I’m 21 and grew up hearing/seeing Britney’s name everywhere!

I guess the first song I remember listening to is Oops... because of a game I used to play online on Barbie.com  It was a karaoke game and so I had the lyrics and always sang it. 

I didn’t become a huge fan until I saw her Crazy mv in 2015. I LOVE dancing and learned the choreography because I loved it so much. From there on, I played all her songs, danced to them, and fell in love! 

MxDG.gif

Link to comment
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m 21 and new to exhale btw (so hey) and I always remember when I was younger I was aware of Britney but never payed much attention to her, let alone music in general.

my first ever memory would be listening to Hold It Agaisnt Me in 2011 as my mom had one of them compilation albums “now that’s what I call music” and I remember out of all the generic songs on the album this song stuck out to me so I kept playing it. I didn't realise at the time it was Britney Spears singing but I really enjoyed the song.

Anyways fast-forward to early 2015 (I think maybe late 2014) I discover Britney Jean and this is when I became a die hard fan, I use to love getting ready to this album for a night out and if I was with my friends I’d always play it because it was fun to dance to and sing a long (of course now it’s my least favourite album but I always appreciate it because this album introduced me to Britney) soon after I dived into her other albums and became obsessed, her music to me and voice was so beautiful, watched all her videos, performances and interviews etc.  

Now I listen to her music all most everyday, I probs know all her songs of by heart and I’m gonna continue to support her no matter what as I patiently wait for new music! :sendinglove: 

Link to comment
2 hours ago, jritney said:

I’m 21 and grew up hearing/seeing Britney’s name everywhere!

I guess the first song I remember listening to is Oops... because of a game I used to play online on Barbie.com  It was a karaoke game and so I had the lyrics and always sang it. 

I didn’t become a huge fan until I saw her Crazy mv in 2015. I LOVE dancing and learned the choreography because I loved it so much. From there on, I played all her songs, danced to them, and fell in love! 

MxDG.gif

Yuuussss :kisses2all:

Link to comment

I'm 17 and from Hungary

I kind of grew up with her music, listening to her hits but like I barely have known who Britney is. I was not a fan I had her name in my mind like Madonna, Michael Jackson, Mariah Carey, Paul McCartney like someone who is a huge icon (which she totally is)

In 5th grade classtrip we were jamming to Baby One More Time for a whole week, it became our anthem and we even choreographed a dance routine to it, it was soo good:makesomenoise: I downloaded it to my phone alongside Oops and Toxic

Still I didn't get to like her (I even bashed one of my friends for following her on Facebook) til last year when I got on YouTube when I was bored and jokingly started to went through her singles after I watched Toxic, because I've always watched Toxic when I was on YT :awyeah:I haven't liked the songs at first but the I was blown away by the dancing. Then I heard 3 and I was amazed, I've never known that it was a Britney Spears song. But Everytime was the abolute turning point. It was my favourite song ever in my kindergarten days and so on (it was #1 in my country) but I had no idea about the singer back then. That was the moment when I recognized Brit as the artist who she really is and fell in love with her;)and when I became a member of Britney Army 1.5 years ago

Btw this is my first day on breatheheavy as a member, I love it here!! ♡

Link to comment

I'm 12:comingthru:

When bomt came out I wasn't even thought of my parents were like 14 and 12 so yeah:jlostare:

My first memories of Britney was when I first heard MATM on the radio I was SHOOK then I looked Britney up and realized she was performing at the VMA's 2016 I watched it and became a stan for life:tysm:

Link to comment
3 hours ago, BritneyBliss said:

I’m 21 and new to exhale btw (so hey) and I always remember when I was younger I was aware of Britney but never payed much attention to her, let alone music in general.

my first ever memory would be listening to Hold It Agaisnt Me in 2011 as my mom had one of them compilation albums “now that’s what I call music” and I remember out of all the generic songs on the album this song stuck out to me so I kept playing it. I didn't realise at the time it was Britney Spears singing but I really enjoyed the song.

Anyways fast-forward to early 2015 (I think maybe late 2014) I discover Britney Jean and this is when I became a die hard fan, I use to love getting ready to this album for a night out and if I was with my friends I’d always play it because it was fun to dance to and sing a long (of course now it’s my least favourite album but I always appreciate it because this album introduced me to Britney) soon after I dived into her other albums and became obsessed, her music to me and voice was so beautiful, watched all her videos, performances and interviews etc.  

Now I listen to her music all most everyday, I probs know all her songs of by heart and I’m gonna continue to support her no matter what as I patiently wait for new music! :sendinglove: 

Welcome to Exhale Beaut! Beware of the odd negheads, but the majority are pretty chill! Thanks for sharing your britney memory :sendinglove:

Link to comment
2 hours ago, I'mNotTheAverageLady said:

I'm 17 and from Hungary

I kind of grew up with her music, listening to her hits but like I barely have known who Britney is. I was not a fan I had her name in my mind like Madonna, Michael Jackson, Mariah Carey, Paul McCartney like someone who is a huge icon (which she totally is)

In 5th grade classtrip we were jamming to Baby One More Time for a whole week, it became our anthem and we even choreographed a dance routine to it, it was soo good:makesomenoise: I downloaded it to my phone alongside Oops and Toxic

Still I didn't get to like her (I even bashed one of my friends for following her on Facebook) til last year when I got on YouTube when I was bored and jokingly started to went through her singles after I watched Toxic, because I've always watched Toxic when I was on YT :awyeah:I haven't liked the songs at first but the I was blown away by the dancing. Then I heard 3 and I was amazed, I've never known that it was a Britney Spears song. But Everytime was the abolute turning point. It was my favourite song ever in my kindergarten days and so on (it was #1 in my country) but I had no idea about the singer back then. That was the moment when I recognized Brit as the artist who she really is and fell in love with her;)and when I became a member of Britney Army 1.5 years ago

Btw this is my first day on breatheheavy as a member, I love it here!! ♡

Madonna and Mariah were my faves aswell. I was brought up listening to all motown and big divas, so I think my mum was pissed when I took interest in Britney the way I did :haha: Thanks for sharing and welcome to exhale! :sendinglove:

Link to comment

:janet:24 here

Okay this is not my first b-moment but first one my family noticed. When I was on first grade I was HOOKED with oops... and even if I did not know the lyrics (well excuse me I was 7 and my native language is not english :toocute:) I would sing it until my family pleaded me to stop:haha:

:yesplease:But hearing born to make you happy on the radio constantly was probably my first B-moment. I remember I always hummed it and mimicked the singing until my sister bought her album just to play the song to me:crying1: 

Link to comment

i remember i first heard toxic on the radio when i was 4, and that tune stuck in my head for a long time. when 2007 fiasco went down, thats when i started to hear her name.. i was still a kid and watched zoey 101 and i knew they were sisters so what was going on caught my attention. i actually started to become a fan when i was 8 and circus came out, i remember hearing womanizer, then circus, and then if u seek amy on the radio.

if u seek amy is when i knew i really liked britney, i was obsessed w that song and i started watching her performances on youtube and i fell in love! i turn 18 next month, and its pretty cool bc that means ive stanned britney for almost 10 years! and from a young age.. i find that funny. hehe :)

 

ps i made this account in 2015 but i legit havent posted since then.. im back on my bs lol

Link to comment

I'm 19 and I always kinda grew up knowing who Britney was (i.e. Toxic etc.) but my first actual conscious memories of her are from the breakdown era :crying2: I remember that she was always on the news being followed by the paparazzi and then she shaved her head and at first I thought she was crazy but later on I realized that she was just going through a bad time in her life.  After that I remember the Circus era and TSC release (not necessarily as a fan, but as someone who really enjoyed her singles).  I think the point that turned me into a fan and made me wanna listen/watch her more was watching her music videos for the first time, ESPECIALLY the Womanizer video because it was so wild and **** I was just so intrigued.  This actually happened right around the release of HIAM and FF which was cool because I was becoming a big fan of hers right as another album was coming out so I kinda got to watch the era play out.  I think I even voted for Inside Out to become the 4th single :imok: But yeah I've been a stan since like 2010/2011 and I've recently been on a Britney kick and getting back into listening to her a lot and I'm loving it :bsass:

Link to comment

I was born towards the end of the Britney Era (I'm turning 16 next month), so I never got to experience Primeney:tiffanycries:. But I always grew up with her music, especially during the Circus and Femme Fatale eras. I remember being blown away by the HIAM GMA  performance when i was like 9:mcorangu:. However, I kind of forgot about her until 2016. I always knew who she was, but I always thought she was just some crazy medicated chick with bops:gimmemoar:. So I was watching the BBMA's two years ago, fresh out of 8th grade and my wig was SNATCHED by Britney's performance. I remember especially being slayed by the TOMH performance so I heard it on youtube, where I then proceeded to listen to ITZ, and eventually the rest of her discography. I spent all that summer just indulging myself in all her music/peformamces/apperances, so summer 2016 was a really fun time for me, and well here I am now :tehe:

Link to comment

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block