Who wishes Onyx Hotel Tour was on DVD?

sarahbbyy

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have it on DVD. Someone from the US made DVDs of it and sold it on Amazon. because I am in the UK and this person was in the US it took like 4 weeks to be delivered [cant mind exactly because it was a few years ago but had to defo wait a  few weeks] and I think it cost me like £20 something because it was shipped from the US to the UK. Its good quality as well

I never understood why they never release an official dvd. it was filmed professionally coz I remember it airing on TV and I recorded it on VHS. Then I recorded over it a couple of months later accidently but I was positive they were going to release it on DVD but they never did. But they released bloody Britney and Kevin: Chaotic on DVD lol which I asked for at Xmas 2005 but was just put on the DVD shelf next to my other Britney DVDs and been gathering dust for the past 13 years lol

Added note : I'm still annoyed as well we never got a Circus tour DVD or even a TV special of it

Yeah, I wish for official DVD till this day.

I think they supposed to release an official DVD, but something went wrong....

Also “Oops I Did It Again” Live From London would have been an amazing on official DVD, but it didn’t happen I think because she was singing live over pre-recorded “live”. She sung some parts live during “Live From Las Vegas” but they managed to cut those parts off  so they could still release it on DVD.

All theses tours on official DVD would have been HEAVEN !!!

On 6/13/2018 at 8:11 PM, Stannedforever said:

DVD is outdated technology cause it can't be HD (correct me if I'm wrong but best DVD can do is 480p):bpo:

I would kill for HD Blu-ray version of her concerts. But i don't think they ever filmed her concerts in high definition or even have master films for them:meltdown:

Correct. The Showtime broadcast was HD however so people are better off finding it online vs ordering a DVD because the quality would have to be reduced. I'm satisfied with my 4GB file of the show lol

I thought it was particularly rude of them not to release it on DVD when it was already pro-shot and SO many fans were disappointed when she had to cancel bc of her knee. It would have been a nice consolation prize for those who couldn't go (including me, I had tickets to the summer leg).

26 minutes ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

I thought it was particularly rude of them not to release it on DVD when it was already pro-shot and SO many fans were disappointed when she had to cancel bc of her knee. It would have been a nice consolation prize for those who couldn't go (including me, I had tickets to the summer leg).

aw gawd i'd be sobbing if this happened to me lol I'm going to see her for the first time In august and dunno how i'll cope if it gets cancelled [touchwood]

its like the spice girls 1999 concert at Earls Court. That was shown as a 'special' on Sky1 in the UK and ít was never released on DVD or even VHS. Some TV channels must have like a clause in some of their contracts that if they agree to show it, its not then allowed to be released on DVD       

11 minutes ago, jonloch1 said:

aw gawd i'd be sobbing if this happened to me lol I'm going to see her for the first time In august and dunno how i'll cope if it gets cancelled [touchwood]

its like the spice girls 1999 concert at Earls Court. That was shown as a 'special' on Sky1 in the UK and ít was never released on DVD or even VHS. Some TV channels must have like a clause in some of their contracts that if they agree to show it, its not then allowed to be released on DVD       

Yeah I sent to the BOMT Tour, OIDIA Tour, DWAD Tour, and then got tickets to OH Tour in summer 2004 but she cancelled. I was so upset that it ruined my streak lol. I saw Circus Tour twice and FF Tour though. I don't care about/like POM enough to see that tour.

50 minutes ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

Yeah I sent to the BOMT Tour, OIDIA Tour, DWAD Tour, and then got tickets to OH Tour in summer 2004 but she cancelled. I was so upset that it ruined my streak lol. I saw Circus Tour twice and FF Tour though. I don't care about/like POM enough to see that tour.

OMG I'm sorry but you've lost my sympathy now haha  :oknolol:I'm in Scotland UK and shes only ever done us once [2 dates on her 2004 onyx hotel tour] and she sold out both nights in minutes and couldn't get tickets. so after 18 years of being  a massive fan, august will be the first time ever I get to finally see her lol so jealous of you haha

Archived