Do you remember the Radar video concept that never was?

pablitonizer

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Radar could had been as big as Toxic if it was released as the second single and with a good video. Amazing song tbh. Blackout singles should had went like this (imo):

1. Gimme More

2. Radar

3. Break The Ice (USA), Heaven on Earth (rest of the world)

4. Piece of Me

Unpopular opinion, but I actually like the Radar video.  I HATE her look at the beginning (bleach blonde hair and red lipstick makes her look so washed out), but the scene of her on the bed...she LEGIT serves primeney attitude.  I also think the concept is cool...obviously could’ve done without the 10 seconds worth of watching a horse get hosed down, but it’s a video I appreciate.

but yeah, the rumored concept sounds like it had more potential...such an AMAZING song (one of my all time favs), I would’ve loved to see some type of choreography in the video. 

Thanks to director Dave Meyers it was his idea for Britney not to dance in the radar video.

http://www.mtv.com/news/1616213/britney-spears-shows-classy-side-in-radar-video-director-says/

"She was in a really good headspace and open to trying new things, and I wanted to try some new things with her too," Meyers told MTV News. "It kind of was a great celebration of trusting one another. ... Now we're sort of both seasoned in our own rights, so it's like two people coming back together, trying to do something fresh and new ... seeking out an actual different technique and stylistic choices and trying to find a form to celebrate them in."

Meyers said when he met up with Spears in May in Santa Barbara, California, he had a specific vision: to show the world Britney's "classy side," instead of the images of a sexed-up Spears that we're all used to seeing. It's the kind of Britney we saw in her video for "Lucky," except more grown-up.

"I thought, 'It's not the first single [from Circus]. Let's be a little experimental and push to not have her around dancers,' " Meyers said. "I feel, I guess, that the videos are a chance for her to vocalize a sense of herself. The media tends to attack her, so I thought, 'Let's show the classy side of Britney and focus on a classy experience, very European-inspired.' And she's at the point in her career where I think this would be a nice step."

Meyers thinks Britney's career mirrors Madonna's career in some ways. Much like with Madonna, when Britney does something, "Everyone seems to watch."

"She kind of filled [Madonna's] shoes," Meyers said. "[But] everything is done in a Britney way. She's not Madonna, and Madonna is not Britney. It seems like Madonna made the same choices that were right for her at the time, to class her up when she had just done a sexpot video. She was riding that image train too. She was leading that image train, and I think that Britney has done that as well."

2 hours ago, mauureee said:

what's up with radar though?

very ugly song that should've stayed on Blackout :lessons:

:donewithit: didn't deserve to be on Circus, didn't deserve to have a performance, didn't deserve to have a videoclip, even less a scrapped plan for it

Well, it's not THAT ugly and it's not that it didn't deserve things, it's just that there were plenty of songs, both from Circus and Blackout, that deserved all of that more than Radar. :beynah:

Plus last year I almost choke while eating a granola bar as I was listening to that song, so it just keeps losing points with me :blurp:

3 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

:donewithit: didn't deserve to be on Circus, didn't deserve to have a performance, didn't deserve to have a videoclip, even less a scrapped plan for it

Well, it's not THAT ugly and it's not that it didn't deserve things, it's just that there were plenty of songs, both from Circus and Blackout, that deserved all of that more than Radar. :beynah:

Plus last year I almost choke while eating a granola bar as I was listening to that song, so it just keeps losing points with me :blurp:

It's been SO long since last time I laughed this hard :wontcry: Thank you

I only dislike image of dark stockings with white dress, They did it purposely to irk me up, I'm sure.
Radar is flawless and Britney :flawless: did stairs better than Ariana. On the other hand; when U compare Brit's charity biking with Side to side by Ariana....

18 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Radar is an amazing song :watrusayin:

Archived