What do you think was the first 'blemish' or 'imperfection' in Britney's career since 1998?

brit4u1998

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Career wise, I would say how they handled the whole Britney album era with the combination of the Crossroads soundtrack, the singles choices, and the whole radio ban. 

Personal life wise, the 55 hour marriage really put a huge dent in her image and the media took that moment and that's where I believe **** started to hit the fan leading up to 2007.

4 minutes ago, Million Billion said:

JT's break up. He made people think she was unfaithful and the guilty one. That was the turning point. 

that's when her peak started to slowly decline, then it picked up again with Toxic

5 minutes ago, storm said:

Career wise, I would say how they handled the whole Britney album era with the combination of the Crossroads soundtrack, the singles choices, and the whole radio ban. 

Personal life wise, the 55 hour marriage really put a huge dent in her image and the media took that moment and that's where I believe **** started to hit the fan leading up to 2007.

Yes, I include personal life too, because image and personal image affects a person's career.

10 minutes ago, storm said:

I change my mind to this answer, I forgot about him ^

7 minutes ago, Dark.Knight said:

that's when her peak started to slowly decline, then it picked up again with Toxic

Drama, drama and more drama. 

7 minutes ago, brit4u1998 said:

Oh yeah, I remember that. Made the press hate her more, which didn't help Britney at all. This was definitely around 2002.

That mess in Mexico gave birth to the iconic reply "it's none of your business". :chershade:

There were some personal things but professionally... probably canceling the Onyx Hotel Tour summer leg. There were rumors that it wasn't true and that she just wanted to be with Kevin and I could totally believe it. I had tickets so I was really sad. Plus they couldn't finish Outrageous and end the era properly. I hope it was true but who knows. 

2 minutes ago, Million Billion said:

Drama, drama and more drama. 

That mess in Mexico gave birth to the iconic reply "it's none of your business". :chershade:

I agree. The paparazzi should mind their own business. But that picture gave her Mexico fans permission to boo her in that documentary, when she had to walk out of the rain! 

13 hours ago, brit4u1998 said:

I agree. The paparazzi should mind their own business. But that picture gave her Mexico fans permission to boo her in that documentary, when she had to walk out of the rain! 

As we say in Mexico, "she step in Mexico with her left foot". :shadelaugh:

But then she redeemed herself in 2011 with a free concert at the Zocalo :makesomenoise:

13 hours ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

There were some personal things but professionally... probably canceling the Onyx Hotel Tour summer leg. There were rumors that it wasn't true and that she just wanted to be with Kevin and I could totally believe it. I had tickets so I was really sad. Plus they couldn't finish Outrageous and end the era properly. I hope it was true but who knows. 

Professionally, I think that her not taking advantage of her six month/one year break in 2002/2003 was her first blemish in her career!

I didn't like her until 2007, I thought she was so fake until then.

I remember hearing about her being like "no my tattoo is fake".. And generally the whole "Im such a virgin,  look at my ****"- was so forced so everytime she was in some litle outfit I remember headlines be like "she did it again". Like a competition between her and hcristina on who would be the first to be naked.

Personally, definitely the split from Justin. 

Career wise, the lip synching. I think she would have been taken more seriously if she had sung live more.

Also think she should have never been so open etc talking about her virginity, relationships, family should have stayed private 

Yeah definitely la Britney señal or breaking up with justin in terms of media.

Career wise, I think releasing slow singles like FTBOMBH or DLMBTLTK killing their respective eras, or the whole way they managed the Britney singles. Not releasing Breathe on Me after Outrageous accident (she didn't need choreo for that video) and the whole Blackout era :donewithit:

Omg it's so painful to write a post on mobile :wontcry:t took me years to make this post

Archived