Why do some fans want so badly for Britney to have a 'Ray of Light?'

She could. If she worked with Guy Sigworth and William Orbit. The girl has depth. Songs like Everyday, Little Me, Someday just proves it. But she needs a vocal coach, i think Max Martin destroyed her voice having her sing in keys that she is not comfortable singing it. Even Ariana grande stopped doing Britney impersonations because its bad for her voice. And i love Glory but her voice doesn't have the smoothness it used to, so for a melodic soulful album... Id prefer pre03 vocals

Anyone ******** on Ray of Light obviously didn't experience it at the time it came out.

Madonna's image had grown stale by the time she released it (much like Britney's is right now). Ray of Light was like a breath of fresh air when it dropped. 

Britney doesn't necessarily need a spiritual album...but she needs an album that is cohesive from start to finish like ROL is. Whatever style of music it is, she needs to be present and in control of her own artistic work.

Ray of Light was the first time anyone my age (10-11 years old at the time) even remotely cared about Madonna and that's exactly what Britney needs. She has completely lost touch with the younger generation. Confessions is a masterpiece but Ray of Light is what brought her back to mainstream pop among younger listeners.

• Love 1

I honestly want a forward thinking POP album from Britney. Yes Britney has released some pop records but I want her to go back to her roots. Insane, catchy pop bangers. Her last album of cohesive pop hits was probably FF. I love glory though and believe she could have released like 7 singles from that album but they had different vibes/sounds in comparison to Britney's best stuff. I want a current album of music that sounds Progressive and slightly experimental but songs similiar to gimme more, HIAM , womanizer etc...those songs are Britney's strong suit

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
  • Super Mods

Every time I think of Ray of Light I keep think of that annoying frog Larry raving about Femme Fatale :joanne:

Britney is more Janet, and all her career it’s always more Janet influenced down to the sound of her music. I’m here for a Rhythm Nation type album, lots of guitar and raw sound. Britney is angry and I would like her to feed on that aggression with a Black Cat like thumper screaming her pain off.

• Love 3
  • Like 1

Never ever never ever happening...and I say that with sadness cause Ray of Light is brilliant, but never happening for Britney. Wouldn't even work for her tbh. Although I love Britney and her voice...her voice over Frozen or Power of Goodbye would be all wrong and would not produce the same feels. Sorry but it's true. Britney would be smart to pull a Confessions...dance heavy pop album combined with more introspective lyrics. That's actually possible for Britney.

• Like 1

Why? Because Ray Of Light is such an epic album full of vulnerability and maturity. Britney NEEDS to stop to sing about random boring stuff like *** and party, I want her to do some ballads again and what I wish the most is for her to f**king drop the stupid baby voice, she's a great singer ffs

• Like 1