Where is her country accent?

Spongbob

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Loopy said:

Usually people who have lived in different parts of the country their whole life can adapt to speaking like the people around them.

This!

It's called being bidialectal. French is my first language and when I speak with my parents at home it's either in french or in english with a francophone accent, however, when I'm out speaking to my friends, I almost naturally switch to my Canadian accent.

Accents fade over time when you live in a different location. In the industry tbh they train you to not have a country accent because its looked at as ignorant.   I'm in modeling and took a bunch of workshops and acting classes and it's one of the things the industry looks down upon is a country accent. 

I remember kinda hearing it in her Asia tour when her mic was on and she was like "the crowd is terrible why aren't they screaming? They should be yelling" in a low southernish voice and then when she realized her mic was on she spoke in a high voice and said "how yall feelin?!" like usual. Does anyone Remember the video?

15 hours ago, armrunner1998 said:

She doesn't remember she had one

giphy.gif

In all seriousness though, I don't think she's lost it completely. At some moments she has a southern twang, I can remember in 2015 at the Teen Choice Awards her accent was noticeable.

The only thing I can really focus on is how pretty she looked in 2015 and how...different she looks in 2018 :kyliecry:

Archived