CIRCUS - The way it should've been!

JustLuvMe

Whenever I stream Circus on Spotify (which you flops hoes should be doing with Britney's music in todays world) I find myself pressing skip to the later half of the album. It just doesn't have the same impact on me anymore. Anyway, I noticed the bonus tracks are a lot stronger than the material that was released on the album.

First off songs that should've been axed (or just released as bonus tracks):

• MMM Papi
  • Mannequin
  • Lace & Leather
  • My Baby
  • Radar (seriously what even) 
Spoiler

I would include If U Seek Amy, but I can already see you guys coming for me so I'd rather not :weirdmeout:

I would replace them with:

• Quicksand
  • Trouble
  • Phonography
  • Amnesia - kind of weak but it's better than Rock Me In and RockBoy

Also wasn't Everyday an unreleased track from Circus, that should've been the Bonus Track at the end :mhm:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Circus playlist is:

Spoiler

1. Womanizer

2. Circus

3. Phonography

4. Shattered Glass

5. Kill The Lights

6. If You Seek Amy

7. Lace And Leather

8. Blur

9. Trouble

10. Rock Me In

11. Mmm Papi

12. Mannequin

13. Unusual You

14. Out From Under

15. Amnesia

16. Quicksand

17. My Baby

(18.) Radar

It's FLAWLESS :yasqueen: Something worth experiencing every once in a while

4 hours ago, I Always Sing Live said:

they had to if they wanted to release it as a single if I'm correct.. they didn't have to release it as a single.. :ponderney: 

Radar was due to be released as a single from Blackout around the time they started to rebuild her image, however as the Blackout album had negative connotations with her breakdown, they decided to release a fresh song from her upcoming 'comeback' album instead. However, by this point Radar was already promised as a single and physical copies of it were already being produced and distributed (even a MV concept was planned) so to fulfil their contractual obligations they included it on Circus as well to be later be released as its fourth single.

I wish they still went with its original MV idea though, she was gonna be chasing guys round London or something that were on her 'radar' - sounded so cool :tifftear:

Whenever I stream Circus on Spotify (which you flops hoes should be doing with Britney's music in todays world) I find myself pressing skip to the later half of the album. It just doesn't have the same impact on me anymore. Anyway, I noticed the bonus tracks are a lot stronger than the material that was released on the album.

• MMM Papi
  • Mannequin
  • Lace & Leather
  • My Baby

I would include If U Seek Amy, but I can already see you guys coming for me so I'd rather not :weirdmeout:

I would replace them with:

• Quicksand
  • Trouble
  • Phonography
  • Amnesia - kind of weak but it's better than Rock Me In and RockBoy

Also wasn't Everyday an unreleased track from Circus, that should've been the Bonus Track at the end :mhm:

I can't stand trouble. I ruined it for myself when I heard that **** star's version of it :orangu:

7 hours ago, I Always Sing Live said:

they had to if they wanted to release it as a single if I'm correct.. they didn't have to release it as a single.. :ponderney: 

They did have a contract with Bloodshy that stipulated if they worked together, the song must be a single. Because they moved from Blackout to Circus for obvious reasons, they had no choice to release Radar as a single, as the contract stipulated.

17 hours ago, JustLuvMe said:

• MMM Papi
  • Mannequin
  • Lace & Leather
  • My Baby

I agree that a lot of the bonus songs are great but I LOVE Mmm Papi, Mannequin, and Lace And Leather... so...

Spoiler

NO :jumpney:

If I were going for perfect world scenario, taking into account the known songs she recorded during that era, personally I'd go with:

1. Welcome To The Greatest Show On Earth (intro)
2. Circus
3. Womanizer
4. Unusual You
5. Quicksand
6. If U Seek Amy
7. Telephone
8. Kill The Lights
9. Mannequin
10. Blur
11. Phonography
12. Abroad
13. Out From Under

- - BONUS TRACKS - -

14. Dangerous
15. Trouble
16. Shattered Glass
17. Amnesia
18. Radar (hidden track)

19 hours ago, The Greatest Show said:

pretty sure they put Radar on it because they had to not because they wanted to.

Yep they signed a contract to release it as a single. But it’s always gonna be a Blackout track to me.

I would get rid of Mmm Papi and My Baby, replace them with Phonography and either Rock Me In or Trouble.

14 hours ago, Tear the floor up up said:

Radar was due to be released as a single from Blackout around the time they started to rebuild her image, however as the Blackout album had negative connotations with her breakdown, they decided to release a fresh song from her upcoming 'comeback' album instead. However, by this point Radar was already promised as a single and physical copies of it were already being produced and distributed (even a MV concept was planned) so to fulfil their contractual obligations they included it on Circus as well to be later be released as its fourth single.

I wish they still went with its original MV idea though, she was gonna be chasing guys round London or something that were on her 'radar' - sounded so cool :tifftear:

I agree the original video sounded much better. The released video didn’t fit the song, I always thought it should have been the video for Unusual You.

Archived