Britney Spears In 2013 Is Such A Slept On Year: Take A Walk Down Memory Lane

I was just looking at a thread where everyone agrees that 2016 was the first time we saw Britney not being a robot for the first time in years. Now, I will definitely agree that was Britney really being back to who she is (who wouldn't agree with that?!) but I think that if you were a fan since at least 2011, I think we should remember that 2013 was the first year where she was coming out of that cocoon of being awkward, disatached from the world, and looking not like Britney. First of all, it was the first time in YEARS where she started looking fresh faced, happy and confident. She had ended the engagement with Jason in December 2012 and for the first half of 2013 we were getting candids of her looking alive again, fit and happy!

January 2013:

coveredup-e1395376077977.jpg

Whew!!! ESPECIALLY coming off of X-Factor where she was a mess. we were all so happy that she was single again (Single Britney is the BEST Britney), she was dressing nicely out in public and looking CONFIDENT. A big change from how she was looking from 2011-2012. Let's also not forget Scream & Shout was ABSOLUTELY HUGE on radio and iTunes!!!! slaying the charts and looking great.

Then later on in February/March 2013- we saw her dye her hair brunette, got a really nice, healthy looking tan, had MUSCULAR HOT LEGS and still showing us happiness and confidence, whew! Especially going to the oscar party!! we haven't really seen her go out to an event and not look like she wanted to kill herself in YEARS. the elton john oscar party really made me so happy because she was all dolled up and looked like she wanted to be there and she looked GLAM.

britney-spears-brown-hair-2013-2-e136180

1118full-britney-spears.jpg

britney-spears-kevin-federline-watch-soc

Then, halfway through the year, she covered Shape Magazine, did the Ooh La La video (which she looked amazing in as well) and did an interview with Mario Lopez where we saw her personality that we again have not seen since like forever. xfactor/femme fataleney personality was GONE. eyes there were alive were IN.

and let us not forget the WORK ***** MUSIC VIDEO. I'm sorry girls but she served us EVERYTHING we wanted. a high energy video where she actually looked like she rehearsed and was putting ENERGY into the choreography. and let's not forget all that CONFIDENCE coming in the lyrics (i am the bad *****!), i honestly didn't see all that fierceness coming after the dry girl of femme fatale era. i was SOOOO shook when i saw that video and heard the song. Confidentney was really back.

Also, she was still looking awesome towards the end of 2013:

Britney-Spears-Photos:-iHeartRadio-2013-

YES, I will agree that October-December 2013 was kind of tragic.... the perfume video, the britney jean album, etc but i have to say that britney as a PERSON really shined for the majority of 2013 and it was the first year since 2009 where I saw Britney looking and acting like Britney Spears again. and of course now she's leaps and bounds past all of that, she's even better than ever in terms of confidence and everything but this was the year the change began. and then halfway through 2015 she really blossomed.

CAN WE PLEASE GIVE 2013NEY THE CREDIT SHE DESERVES?! I WAS SOOOOOO HAPPY THIS YEAR AS A FAN SEEING HER COME ALIVE AGAIN

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, as a person that commented about 2016 in that thread, I feel the obligation to say that I don't deny the credit 2013 deserves. Not only that, I even give credit to 2012ney despite many in here hating the X Factor era. I think even that was a step forward from FF.

I've said it before, she showed improvement each year: 2012 was better than 2011, 2013 was better than 2012, 2014 was better than 2013 not so much for the wigs, but in the summer she looked really good and with the short hair she started to perform a little bit better, especially October. Then 2015 was even better, her appearance at the Super Bowl, then something weird happened during her vacation and PG music video, but then we got the BBMA and all the other awards appearances later that year, mermaid hair, etc. 

Then 2016 was even better than 2015, with the magazine, POM 2.0, BBMA, Private Show ad, even after the MM fiasco, we got Slumber Party video, the festivals, etc. 

2017 was the first year she didn't show an improvement, but kinda a step backward. Still was really good, but the lack of music and news is what really killed it. And 2018 it's been kinda, non-existent, or I really can't remember what we've gotten this year.  Edit: Oh yeah, Kenzo :mhm:

2 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Well, as a person that commented about 2016 in that thread, I feel the obligation to say that I don't deny the credit 2013 deserves. Not only that, I even give credit to 2012ney despite many in here hating the X Factor era. I think even that was a step forward from FF.

I've said it before, she showed improvement each year: 2012 was better than 2011, 2013 was better than 2012, 2014 was better than 2013 not so much for the wigs, but in the summer she looked really good and with the short hair she started to perform a little bit better, especially October. Then 2015 was even better, her appearance at the Super Bowl, then something weird happened during her vacation and PG music video, but then we got the BBMA and all the other awards appearances later that year, mermaid hair, etc.  

Then 2016 was even better than 2015, with the magazine, POM 2.0, BBMA, Private Show ad, even after the MM fiasco, we got Slumber Party video, the festivals, etc. 

2017 was the first year she didn't show an improvement, but kinda a step backward. Still was really good, but the lack of music and news is what really killed it. And 2018 it's been kinda, non-existent, or I really can't remember what we've gotten this year. 

I can agree with what you're saying! I was more-so just writing this out in general because I do feel like lately, in general, 2013 is looked at as a bad year around here because of the whole BJ era fiasco and the desert GMA "performance" (lol) when in fact, that year was actually really awesome to be apart of because it was a complete 180 from what she was like for the past 2 years before 2013. i just remember being so happy that year and showing off her interviews to everyone LOL i was like omg look at her being HAPPY and looking GORG. but of course in 2016 i literally fell apart because she was slaying in EVERY avenue

2 minutes ago, soscary said:

I was really happy seeing her smiling and being *herself* on candids after X-Faketor mess, that she looked herself only in the first 2 episodes and turned into a robotic. But it was the start of fun stuff, we could see her face changing and everybody was complaining. But seeing 2013ney face now I regret everything.. :wtfdidusay:

About her career, I kinda liked 2013 til the half of the year and the residency rumors were coming true. When BJ era started I hated the concept and everything about it, but okay, I was waiting for the Dr Luke songs because they were always cool and hits.. then the songs leaked.. I thought Passenger was Myah demo... okay... then the album leaked.. all the songs were really bad and it wasnt her singing... then Vegas started.. the choreo was a mess (still), she didn't sang live as managers said she would..Alien controversy started... Perfume video scrapped.. no 3rd single.. ugly wigs... the only good thing about this whole thing was seeing that they remembered to put Break The Ice on the setlist.:wtfdidusay:

Don't make 2013 seems cool because it wasn't. It was the start of something worst than 2012 

2013 was cool because of what I wrote. your post is kind of just diverting from everything I wrote.... I said it was awesome as a fan to see her opening up as a person again, not acting robotic, looking healthy and glammed up, being fit and just generally seeming to enjoy her life which we hadn't seen since 2011. and work ***** single and video remains one of the best things she has done, whew! a cult classic. most of your post is about the last 2 months of 2013 (BJ era and perfume and vegas, which I said were not the tea as well...):wtfdidusay:

But one thing is her personal imrpovement, but if we talk in general, I think for most of us, at least for me, the musical aspect is the most important, or things related to her career.

• 2011: Femme Fatale and the 4 singles. S&M, FFT, Vanguard Award, BBMA performances
  • 2012: X Factor, Scream & Shout (including will.i.am creating the It's Britney, ***** phrase)
  • 2013: S&S Remix, Ooh La La, WB, Desert Performance, Perfume, Britney Jean, IABJ, POM
  • 2014: PCA, Wigney, POM
  • 2015: PG, BBMA performance, TD, appearances, POM
  • 2016: POM 2.0, BBMA performance, Glory, festivals, Hands
  • 2017:  :sendinglove:,  POM 2.0, Asia Tour, New Year's Eve performance
  • 2018: Kenzo? and soon the POM Tour

I'd rank the years like so:

1. 2016
  2. 2013
  3. 2015
  4. 2012
  5. 2011
  6. 2017
  7. 2014

and we'll have to waitn and see for 2018

11 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

But one thing is her personal imrpovement, but if we talk in general, I think for most of us, at least for me, the musical aspect is the most important, or things related to her career.

• 2011: Femme Fatale and the 4 singles. S&M, FFT, Vanguard Award, BBMA performances
  • 2012: X Factor, Scream & Shout (including will.i.am creating the It's Britney, ***** phrase)
  • 2013: S&S Remix, Ooh La La, WB, Desert Performance, Perfume, Britney Jean, IABJ, POM
  • 2014: PCA, Wigney, POM
  • 2015: PG, BBMA performance, TD, appearances, POM
  • 2016: POM 2.0, BBMA performance, Glory, festivals, Hands
  • 2017:  :sendinglove:,  POM 2.0, Asia Tour, New Year's Eve performance
  • 2018: Kenzo? and soon the POM Tour

I'd rank the years like so:

1. 2016
  2. 2013
  3. 2015
  4. 2012
  5. 2011
  6. 2017
  7. 2014

and we'll have to waitn and see for 2018

Um will.i.am creating Britney ***** phase?? 

It was her best year since 2009. Period.

• 2 Hit Singles: Work B**tch / Scream & Shout
  • 2 Great videos + 1 Fun video better than Cologne, Shitty Girls and Make Me (Flop)

wb-12(1).gif

giphy+%25281%2529.gif

ousada.gif

• Great Interviews:

britney-spears-laughing-advice-on-breaku

4del.gif

anigif_enhanced-buzz-955-1379429943-18.g

223e4afbf9f4853c339e8dd81c3c38d8aadcfaf1

5i5b.gif

• Great appearances:

Britney_Spears_planet_hollywood_las_vega

medium.bIlQ4QSDsxjzKTR304jzYSi1QJjsluV_F

c960c3be0ad4469535ecc79fd6c0e063.jpg

Great candids:

britney-spears-lady-marmalade-05.jpg

britney-spears-will-i-am-birthday-wishie

britney-spears-miniskirt-church-0128-16.

2013 was one of my favourite years for candids. She looked great, healthy, happy and RADIANT. I loved the brunette hair and it's a shame it didn't last long. We had some great appearances such as when she was in London, iHeart Radio awards, Elton John AIDS Party, Wango Tango etc. and the Shape magazine and Britney Jean album photoshoots were really good too! 

Archived