Have you ever been shamed because you stan Britney?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, soscary said:

yes

I was promoting piece of me music video at digital board of my class and some guy said louder that britney was hot but her fans are gay :lowkeyno:

plus my teacher (will.i.am fan) was said in front of the whole class that she went to a concert that nobody knew the s&s lyrics, only the gays knew britney parts, and everybody laughed :ohdear:

1 minute ago, Ofcoursenot said:

Yes, I didn't say anything (that I was a Britney stan) a few years ago, because people would make jokes and I was very shy about my ****** orientation...

But know I'm like **** IT :hibebe: 

These feel more like you’re being shamed for being gay than a Britney fan, which is just mean sorry you had to feel like this  :sendinglove:

Actually never, because my stanning doesn't really show that often. I only talk about Britney with those who are interested, like I talk about all my interests only with those who are interested. And when I listen to Britney's music loud people don't really mind, they actually enjoy it.

Instead, every time I happen to listen to a Taylor Swift song people react like "why are you listening to that s-". But whenever it happens I also wonder the same so I can't really judge them

1 hour ago, soscary said:

yes

I was promoting piece of me music video at digital board of my class and some guy said louder that britney was hot but her fans are gay :lowkeyno:

plus my teacher (will.i.am fan) was said in front of the whole class that she went to a concert that nobody knew the s&s lyrics, only the gays knew britney parts, and everybody laughed :ohdear:

Your teacher is the one who should be ashamed because she went to a will.i.am concert :rlynow:

I dunno if I would call it shamed but almost every time I tell someone I love Britney they have a LOT to say about it. "She lip syncs", "she doesn't dance anymore", "she's crazy", "is she still crazy since she shaved her head"?, "she doesn't even write her own songs", "my friend went to see her in Vegas and said she just walked around." Britney tarnished her image badly - this is what the GP thinks of her. Sad.

Yes, I have been called gay for loving Britney but that's true so I don't have a problem with it :groovin:

... Maybe when I was younger around 13 - 18/19 when I had a problem with being gay and stuff but not now. I have been dragged for loving Britney like twice now that Im older and what I do is: 

Asking these people who their favorite musician is? They are obviously straight men so their taste in music is nothing close to Britney or pop music, I tried to give them a brief review about what her music, influence, style and sales have caused an impact in current pop music and how she and other female singers like Madonna have done so much for the current music, so the next time they listen to some pop song and think Britney has nothing to do with it? Think it again. This has worked 2 times out of 2.:shameless:

My causing loves to tease me about liking her by saying how lame she is. It was this month I told him I was going to a Britney dance course and for the first time he was was just like "you are still a fan?!" And other people when I tell them most of the time they will say something bad about her. My sister is always telling me off that I am crazy to talk about Britney so much but I really don't care. I have been a huge fan since the beginning so no one can make me feel bad that I still stan her. 

Archived