Its not that she's a mom, it's not that she's older...

Marlean

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lmao if you look at her stage outfits and the topics of her songs "mom" was always an excuse to be lazy. I can understand her not wanting to reherse much with her kids at home but they are in school  most of the day and also with Kevin a lot. She would have more than enought time to reherse.

If she says: you know what, the old choreo I did is too intense and too difficult for me. I would totally understand that. She doesnt have to do MATM, Boys or Overprotected style choreo to satisfy her fans. She just has to do visually pleasing choreo that you can tell she reheresed.  Its fine if moving your whole body at the same time is "too much" for you but then at least make those arm waves interesting and nice and use your whole upper body.  Also dont use the most epic part of a song to sit in a chair or to walk up and down the stage.

Like all of this is pretty, but very easy.  Its why BOM and TOMH are her best performances in POM. They are slow and sentual and dont require as much sharp movements or technique as MATM that she butchers every night. Easy isnt a problem if its pretty + done well and if the visuals in the background are nice.

giphy.giftumblr_mxk6zweu5o1r3ty02o1_r1_500.giftumblr_njason9O831qzdlkbo3_r1_400.giftumblr_p7xbawHncN1w48wlho1_400.gifSillyThatChipmunk-max-1mb.giftumblr_m0wcde8ZDB1qfbqdlo1_250.giftumblr_nzpwwxPZn91s56j7yo3_400.gifihk1cltc.gifK7Mg.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.giftumblr_npuuidciWN1tlvx6ho2_540.gif

Im sorry but this and all  her other  ticks, are not visually pleasing to watch

tumblr_o2wsw7iheM1qdcxoeo1_500.gifgiphy.gif

She's lazy and she's still well paid for doing the minimum and until that changes (which it wont) she and her team wont move a finger :unbothered:

Edit: or in case she sees herself dragged like that israeli radio interview where the host brought up the lipsync issue and then she suddenly started to occasionally sing live. :chershade:

5 hours ago, The Greatest Show said:

She just has to do visually pleasing choreo that you can tell she reheresed.  Its fine if moving your whole body at the same time is "too much" for you but then at least make those arm waves interesting and nice and use your whole upper body.  Also dont use the most epic part of a song to sit in a chair or to walk up and down the stage.

Like all of this is pretty, but very easy.  Its why BOM and TOMH are her best performances in POM. They are slow and sentual and dont require as much sharp movements or technique as MATM that she butchers every night. Easy isnt a problem if its pretty + done well and if the visuals in the background are nice.

SillyThatChipmunk-max-1mb.gif

I've been saying this probably since FFT. She just needs to get rid off the hardcore dancer image if she doesn't want to do it anymore. It's not like she can't dance, it happened in Circus era, her videos rehearsing and live shows were completely different, just like Mannequin, amazing in the dance studio and so lame live, worst than some of POM right now.

She has an amazing effortless flexibility talent, she can show it like she did with Piece Of Me in the cage. 

It's not that hard to be creative and innovative. That's what made Circus Tour amazing, not her (half assing) dancing. And she needs to do it for no longer than 1 year because she gets bored easy and starts with the ticks and ****. :pleaseshhh:

2 hours ago, Marlean said:

No offense, but there are so many "older" artists who dare to do more on stage these days...

2 hours ago, Marlean said:

These days? All For You Tour was in 2001 and Rock Witchu Tour was 2008 lol. But I did see Janet in October and she crushed it dancing her *** off for 2 hours. She didn't have a "****" performance like she usually does but it was just a great concert without many special effects or anything just her dancing and interacting with the crowd. 

1 hour ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

These days? All For You Tour was in 2001 and Rock Witchu Tour was 2008 lol. But I did see Janet in October and she crushed it dancing her *** off for 2 hours. She didn't have a "****" performance like she usually does but it was just a great concert without many special effects or anything just her dancing and interacting with the crowd. 

Still "old" compared to Brit. 

It's not only that she's lazy, or old or the mom excuse. She just doesn't feel comfortable dancing like she used to, for whatever reason. And yeah, if she really wanted to she would try to find her style again.

We see those moves she makes like her CYM Instagram video, or those moves she used to teach to her kids in those dance lessons. As incredible as it sounds it's as if she forgot how to move, how to dance (like she used to) and she doesn't think her new "style" is bad because no one will tell her.

Someone should need to talk seriously to her and make her understand that yeah, it's ok to try to innovate things and keep them interesting and fresh but also make her see that there is a lot of stuff from her old, original choreos that should be rescued, and if she thinks it's too hard, just try at least to see how much she can or cannot do.

It's just as if she was oblivious to the fact of how awful most of the POM choreo is. She needs to stand in front of a mirror and without counting steps just start feeling the music again. HER music. And see how her body starts to respond to the beat, the rhythm, the pace.

On 5/12/2018 at 12:17 PM, The Greatest Show said:

They are slow and sentual and dont require as much sharp movements or technique as MATM that she butchers every night. Easy isnt a problem if its 

Ok a little bit of an exaggeration here. She does not butch MATM at all. Dance-wise, Specially because, considering she isn't doing the original breakdown part, the original and current choreos are too easy for that. MATM, Slave and Work ***** are POM's best examples of nice dancing and original choreography fidelity.

Archived