...Baby One More Time album timeline

PlayboyMommy

It took me a while but I finally made a full timeline of ...Baby One More Time, hope you like it and don't doubt to correct me if I missed something or if I added something wrong :divaney:

08b.png

Album variations:

Britney Spears (Re-Sequence) as of Nov. 17, 1998 [Not final sequence]

Spoiler

R-7973644-1452720432-9507.jpeg.jpg

01 ...Baby One More Time
02 (You Drive Me) Crazy
03 Sometimes
04 Soda Pop (feat. Mikey Bassie)
05 Born to Make You Happy
06 From the Bottom of My Broken Heart
07 Thinkin' About You
08 I Will Still Love You (with Don Phillip)
09 Where Are You Now
10 E-Mail My Heart
11 The Beat Goes On (Not Final Mix)

Britney Spears (41651-2/4) as of Oct. 23, 1998

Spoiler

5499180468_eee03665a1.jpg

01 ...Baby One More Time
00 (You Drive Me) Crazy
00 Born to Make You Happy (Radio Edit)
00 Deep in My Heart
00 From the Bottom of My Broken Heart
00 Soda Pop
00 Sometimes
00 Thinkin' About You
00 Where Are You Now
00 You Got It All
• Might have featured Full Force and Sturken & Rogers tracks at one point

867709de48edc114da1380e3f3b6df76e645021250c9fc18e9eff2b1e577a3a8.jpg

...Baby One More Time (01241-41651-2) – First US edition released on Jan. 12, 1999

Spoiler

baby-one-more-time-57491b6011f77.jpg

01 ...Baby One More Time
02 (You Drive Me) Crazy
03 Sometimes
07 I Will Be There
09 Thinkin' About You
10 E-Mail My Heart
11 The Beat Goes On

...Baby One More Time (AVCZ-95114) – Japanese edition released on Feb. 24, 1999

Spoiler

1511F_47560.jpg

01 ...Baby One More Time
02 (You Drive Me) Crazy
03 Sometimes
07 I Will Be There
09 Deep in My Heart
10 Thinkin' About You
11 E-Mail My Heart
12 The Beat Goes On
13 I'll Never Stop Loving You
14 Autumn Goodbye
15 ...Baby One More Time (Davidson Ospina Radio Mix)
16 ...Baby One More Time (Boy Wunder Radio Mix)
• Boy Wunder (Jack D. Elliot) made commissioned remixes for most of the album that were never released

Songs recorded for the album:

1997 sessions | August 1997

Spoiler

Autumn Goodbye (Produced by Eric Foster White) Recorded
E-Mail My Heart (Produced by Eric Foster White) Recorded
Final Heartbreak (Produced by Eric Foster White) – Later given to and recorded by Jessica Simpson Unconfirmed
From the Bottom of My Broken Heart (Produced by Eric Foster White) Recorded
Heal the Hurt Away (with Don Phillip) [Produced by Eric Foster White] Unconfirmed
I'll Leave It Up to You (Produced by Eric Foster White) – Later given to and recorded by Don Phillip Unconfirmed
I'm So Curious (Produced by Eric Foster White) Recorded
If You Could See Me Now (Produced by Eric Foster White) – Later given to and recorded by Don Phillip Unconfirmed
Let Me Take You There (Produced by Full Force) Recorded
Luv the Hurt Away (with Full Force) [Produced by Full Force] Recorded
Nothing Less Than Real (Produced by Carl Sturken & Evan Rogers) Recorded
Soda Pop (Produced by Eric Foster White) Recorded
Take It Away (Produced by Eric Foster White) – Originally recorded during her tenure at Stonecreek Recordings in 1995 and later re-recorded with Eric Foster White Unconfirmed
The Beat Goes On (Produced by Eric Foster White) – Based on All Seeing I's cover of Sonny & Cher's song Recorded
Thinking About You (Produced by Eric Foster White) Recorded
Wishing on a Falling Star (Produced by Carl Sturken & Evan Rogers) Recorded
You Got It All (Produced by Eric Foster White) – Originally intented as a bonus track, later released on Oops!... I Did It Again Recorded
You've Got It All (Produced by Full Force) – The Jets cover First song recorded for the album

1998 sessions | March – April 1998

Spoiler

(You Drive Me) Crazy (Produced by Per Magnusson, David Kreuger & Max Martin) Recorded
...Baby One More Time (Produced by Max Martin & Rami Yacoub) – Originally pitched to ★NSYNC, Backstreet Boys, Robyn, Solid HarmoniE & TLC. Simon Cowell wanted to buy the song for Five before she recorded her version A spanish version is rumoured to exist  Recorded
Born to Make You Happy (Produced by Kristian Lundin) – The vocals from the demo version were later used on the "Bonus Remix" Recorded
Deep in My Heart (Produced by Per Magnusson & David Kreuger) Recorded
I Will Be There (Produced by Max Martin & Rami Yacoub)  Last song recorded for the album
I'll Never Stop Loving You (Produced by Per Magnusson & David Kreuger) – J'Son cover Recorded
Is It Love (Produced by Jörgen Elofsson & Max Martin) – Later given to and recorded by Play Unconfirmed
Sometimes (Produced by Per Magnusson, David Kreuger & Jörgen Elofsson) – Three different mixes exist: The Mall Tour mix, the Sneak Preview mix and the album mix Recorded
Where Are You Now (Produced by Max Martin & Rami Yacoub) – Later re-recorded and released on Oops!... I Did It Again Recorded

1999 sessions

Spoiler

(You Drive Me) Crazy [The Stop Remix!] (Produced by Max Martin) Recorded
Black Cat – Janet Jackson cover Recorded
Material Girl – Madonna cover Recorded
Nasty – Janet Jackson cover Recorded
Open Arms – Mariah Carey cover Recorded

Others

Spoiler

I Have Nothing – Whitney Houston cover Recorded
Jesus Loves Me – Whitney Houston cover Unknown
Today (Produced by Darrin “Piano Man” Whittington) – Unreleased Toni Braxton cover Recorded

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 10 months later...
On 5/11/2018 at 6:15 PM, HarajukuGyal said:

by the way if any one of you want to see how the original album would have looked like...

I didn't know about this cover. So much better than the one we got... the shades of brown and even the font looks superb and tasteful.

The only thing I didn't like is that the when the CD is closed, there's a white part on the left from the background image. It would look much better if it was brown.

On 5/11/2018 at 5:15 PM, HarajukuGyal said:

by the way if any one of you want to see how the original album would have looked like...

1 minute ago, glorified.ho said:

I didn't know about this cover. So much better than the one we got... the shades of brown and even the font looks superb and tasteful.

The only thing I didn't like is that the when the CD is closed, there's a white part on the left from the background image. It would look much better if it was brown.

Don't know if anyone cares, but this could of been the original Time Out with Britney Spears Cover:

https://i68.tinypic.com/105pso4.jpg

https://i67.tinypic.com/az84sl.png

9 hours ago, Kartofelek said:

We should also count that there were 3 versions of "Sometimes" - there was this demo version (Sneak Preview Cassette, Mall Tour CD), the alternative ending (no fade out), and the album version (fade out).

The demo version doesn't fade out either.

17 hours ago, Kartofelek said:

We should also count that there were 3 versions of "Sometimes" - there was this demo version (Sneak Preview Cassette, Mall Tour CD), the alternative ending (no fade out), and the album version (fade out).

Just changed that bit out, I hope it looks better this way

Sometimes (Produced by Per Magnusson, David Kreuger & Jörgen Elofsson) [Three different version exists: The Mall Tour version, the Sneak Preview version and the Album version]

17 hours ago, Kartofelek said:

Also, did the 1998 version of WHERE ARE YOU NOW leak? The one from the in-house CD?

The 1998 version includes unmastered vocals and a different vocal take which is slightly different than the one released

On 5/11/2018 at 10:06 PM, Kartofelek said:

No separation by month? I think it would be pretty by using the book Every Step Of Her Way.

9 hours ago, MmmDani said:

It’d be cool if this list included dates (as much as we know), and then expanded to all of the performances. A proper BOMT album timeline would be lovely 

I still would appreciate if anyone could provide some information regarding when certain songs where released so I could add it in here :plzney:

1997 sessions | August 1997

[...]

1998 sessions | March – April 1998

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2019 at 10:58 AM, Kartofelek said:

Where does the confirmation about TAKE IT AWAY comes from?

years and years ago, it was confirmed that Jack D. Elliot (Boy Wunder) remixed most of the album.

@StrawberryKisses got in touch with Eric Foster White through his LinkedIn and he confirmed the title apparently, I would love to hear those Jack D. Elliot mixes since he also made commissioned remixes for Oops, Lucky and Stronger too, also I realized you posted the original promo poster of the album some time ago in another thread so I'll add it in here, thanks! :demi:

Archived