She seems so different era to era!

HairFlipQueen

21 hours ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Circus -  This is where things change, interviews are now controlled and screened. She's still Britney: confident and clear, but....well....there's an elephant in the room.

I don't think she's confident and clear here...

"THE CONCEPT FOR THE VIDEO CIRCUS IS BASICALLY ABOUT, YOU KNOW, A CIRCUS" :gloria::gloria::gloria:

She looks bored, uninterested and held in that hotel room against her will. 

Cool, cool, fun, really cool, really really cool, awesome, really fun, really cool, it's fun - FFney dat you? :kyliecry:
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Godney's Sweet *** said:

Q: And can the audience cheer for certain songs and you'll perform them? 

A: Yes. 

My prerogative?

Overprotected?

Sometimes?

Born To Make You Happy? 

My Only Wish (This Year?)

:kyliecry:

Hahaha well said!!! I've always got annoyed by that question, or should I say her answer!!!

WE WISH the crowd could simply cheer for a song of their choice and Britney would happily oblige :tiffcackle:

I think it's all a lot less mysterious than people believe it to be. Think about it this way - let's assume you're 26; so, 10 years ago you were 16. Let's assume when you were 16, every thing you ever said started being recorded and it still is to this day. Today, you get to sit down and watch interviews from age 16, 18, 21, 24 and 26. I think every single one of us would be shocked at how absolutely different we behave, what different things we care about and how our outlook on life changed over time. I've just recently realized this myself when I read my old diary from when I was 16. The amount of confidence I had, not to mention how full of myself I was and how involved I was with my own personal issues is baffling from today's POV. When you're super young, you're not yet scarred by life most of the time. You believe you can do anything and you're the greatest thing ever. Then you have your first relationship, someone cheats on you, your heart breaks, you start to have trust issues, lose confidence. Then you pick yourself back up, start dating again, find a way to trust again .... yet, there's still a little piece of your confidence that's broken and will never be fixed... it's like a mirror - you can glue the pieces back together, but you will always see the cracks in it. 

Britney's no different, she's  just like anybody else. Even more so, I don't think she's that mysterious being that some people make her out to be. I think at the end of the day she's actually quite simple and I mean this in a positive way. She started out, felt the rush she got from being a super star, giving interviews and getting all the attention under the sun... Then she was the it-girl, could have dated any straight guy in Hollywood and ended up in the picture perfect romance with the it-boy, JT. Then that broke and with the end of that relationship so did her heart for the first time. Like I said, she pieced it back together and moved on but still - it hurt her confidence. She then ran around in 03/04, distracting herself, telling herself she's fine, she just needs to keep moving... Simultaneously, the novelty of being famous has worn off and she gets pissed off that she can't leave the house without having 50 cameras in her face. She meets the most un-celebrity like guy, a bad boy who blows smoke in your face, is poor as **** and doesn't give a **** about what other people think. She runs with it, falls in love or moreso the idea of love and a family no matter with who, and eventually has children... then that falls apart too and 07 happened. She gets herself back up, even more bruised than the first time around, this time being torn apart not only by another failed relationship but also by the criticism of the entire world. She's then treated like a child for years on end, a prisoner in her own home, can't go anywhere, can't do anything without permission etc. She realizes she has to keep playing the game to get the most normal life given her circumstances - she does FF. After that, she's completely over it and pretends to do BJ. Then the strings losen, she has more control over her life again or at least has adjusted to this different lifestyle she originally hated and started recording again... I guess she herself hated how she wasn't proud of her last record and that's why she put effort into Glory. 

So, I don't think she's necessarily been a different person every era. I feel like it's quite natural to act differently at different stages in her life. We all do but as I said, unfortunately not many of us have 20 year old interviews to compare our recent thoughts and actions to. 

13 hours ago, Godney's Sweet *** said:

I don't think she's confident and clear here...

"THE CONCEPT FOR THE VIDEO CIRCUS IS BASICALLY ABOUT, YOU KNOW, A CIRCUS" :gloria::gloria::gloria:

She looks bored, uninterested and held in that hotel room against her will. 

Cool, cool, fun, really cool, really really cool, awesome, really fun, really cool, it's fun - FFney dat you? :kyliecry:

She's seems far more comfortable here, and confident than 2011 for whatever reason. Also, this managed to go unnoticed in 2008. it was 2011-2014 when people noticed she was just repeating herself.

8 hours ago, MaPlayz said:

I think it's all a lot less mysterious than people believe it to be. Think about it this way - let's assume you're 26; so, 10 years ago you were 16. Let's assume when you were 16, every thing you ever said started being recorded and it still is to this day. Today, you get to sit down and watch interviews from age 16, 18, 21, 24 and 26. I think every single one of us would be shocked at how absolutely different we behave, what different things we care about and how our outlook on life changed over time. I've just recently realized this myself when I read my old diary from when I was 16. The amount of confidence I had, not to mention how full of myself I was and how involved I was with my own personal issues is baffling from today's POV. When you're super young, you're not yet scarred by life most of the time. You believe you can do anything and you're the greatest thing ever. Then you have your first relationship, someone cheats on you, your heart breaks, you start to have trust issues, lose confidence. Then you pick yourself back up, start dating again, find a way to trust again .... yet, there's still a little piece of your confidence that's broken and will never be fixed... it's like a mirror - you can glue the pieces back together, but you will always see the cracks in it. 

Britney's no different, she's  just like anybody else. Even more so, I don't think she's that mysterious being that some people make her out to be. I think at the end of the day she's actually quite simple and I mean this in a positive way. She started out, felt the rush she got from being a super star, giving interviews and getting all the attention under the sun... Then she was the it-girl, could have dated any straight guy in Hollywood and ended up in the picture perfect romance with the it-boy, JT. Then that broke and with the end of that relationship so did her heart for the first time. Like I said, she pieced it back together and moved on but still - it hurt her confidence. She then ran around in 03/04, distracting herself, telling herself she's fine, she just needs to keep moving... Simultaneously, the novelty of being famous has worn off and she gets pissed off that she can't leave the house without having 50 cameras in her face. She meets the most un-celebrity like guy, a bad boy who blows smoke in your face, is poor as **** and doesn't give a **** about what other people think. She runs with it, falls in love or moreso the idea of love and a family no matter with who, and eventually has children... then that falls apart too and 07 happened. She gets herself back up, even more bruised than the first time around, this time being torn apart not only by another failed relationship but also by the criticism of the entire world. She's then treated like a child for years on end, a prisoner in her own home, can't go anywhere, can't do anything without permission etc. She realizes she has to keep playing the game to get the most normal life given her circumstances - she does FF. After that, she's completely over it and pretends to do BJ. Then the strings losen, she has more control over her life again or at least has adjusted to this different lifestyle she originally hated and started recording again... I guess she herself hated how she wasn't proud of her last record and that's why she put effort into Glory. 

So, I don't think she's necessarily been a different person every era. I feel like it's quite natural to act differently at different stages in her life. We all do but as I said, unfortunately not many of us have 20 year old interviews to compare our recent thoughts and actions to. 

Very insightful and well written, that does make a lot of sense.

Archived