Britney transferred all her music from BritneySpearsVevo to her original channel Britney Spears on youtube

vinay

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Her team isn't responsible for this, YouTube is. They're merging all the VEVO channels with her other channels under a music section for each artist. Subscribers will also be merged.

"Now, YouTube is about to consolidate the millions of subscribers to Vevo’s channels — as well as those on “unofficial” artist-related channels — under a single account for each artist. A YouTube spokesman said artists will not be able to opt out of the subscriber-migration process."

http://variety.com/2018/digital/news/youtube-vevo-music-channels-consolidation-official-artists-1202674125/

1 hour ago, ATWK said:

Her team isn't responsible for this, YouTube is. They're merging all the VEVO channels with her other channels under a music section for each artist. Subscribers will also be merged.

"Now, YouTube is about to consolidate the millions of subscribers to Vevo’s channels — as well as those on “unofficial” artist-related channels — under a single account for each artist. A YouTube spokesman said artists will not be able to opt out of the subscriber-migration process."

http://variety.com/2018/digital/news/youtube-vevo-music-channels-consolidation-official-artists-1202674125/

What do they mean for those "unofficial" channels though? 

One thing was the BritneySpearsVEVO channel and the Britney Spears Topic, then another one, was the Britney Spears (verified) channel. Is the latter the one they're calling unofficial or they mean all those random Britney channels that upload stuff her team doesn't? 

11 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

What do they mean for those "unofficial" channels though? 

One thing was the BritneySpearsVEVO channel and the Britney Spears Topic, then another one, was the Britney Spears (verified) channel. Is the latter the one they're calling unofficial or they mean all those random Britney channels that upload stuff her team doesn't? 

Probably. I was going through Dua Lipa's channel and one of the things that appeared was reaction vid about her. I think it's everything related to the channel's respective artist.

2 hours ago, ATWK said:

Probably. I was going through Dua Lipa's channel and one of the things that appeared was reaction vid about her. I think it's everything related to the channel's respective artist.

Then it will be a mess if they mix official uploads and fan uploads. Let's hope there will be at least separate tabs.

12 hours ago, ATWK said:

Will the videos still have the VEVO logo on the thumbnail? Or is this the end of VEVO/Youtube’s relationship?

Archived