The truth behind the 100,000,000 views of Sometimes video

e-mailmyheart

3 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

So, how you can explain the success of Slay La La :ineedthetruth:

Oh la la was released in full digital era and in which youtube is at its peak...any music nowadays reaches the mark of 100,000,000 views even if it is not a success, and that is what happened to Oh la la, in addition it is part of the soundtrack of a film who brings more public for the video besides the fans of Britney ... Sometimes it was released almost 20 years.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Tear the floor up up said:

I remember when Womanizer first came out (her channel was BritneyTV then) it was temporarily blocked as 'adult' to which you had to sign-in and verify to you were over 18 to watch lmao

it was BritneyTV? :yasqueen: thats so cute tbh. good old times... 

I think the Youtube engineers suck at programming the suggested videos. 

I noticed that very recently, they only suggest the same videos all the time, for my case, Sometimes. I used the autoplay functions. And whatever videos I played, pop, rock, hip hop, Rnb, vietnamese music, chinese music, it will return to Sometimes. I live in America, though.

They also input some of the new videos from Taylor Swifts and Shakira, I doubt that there is money paid behind for keeping exposed. That's why the point Billboard takes streaming for ranking is so unfair for Britney as well as other artists, unless you have a very popular song. 

7 hours ago, e-mailmyheart said:

The Sometimes video passed the mark of 100,000,000 views on Youtube / Vevo. Do you guys think it's because people prefer this video instead of Crazy, Stronger or Lucky? No, this video has these visualisations because it is one of the few videos (if not the only) of Britney that you can see in other countries because they are not blocked by Youtube / Vevo. I've seen over the years in the comments of the Britney videos people complaining about this and I myself of the times that I went to Germany these last years I noticed that all their videos were blocked, except the Sometimes (but I'm not going to some 3 years, so I do not know if they have already unlocked them), so this video has accumulated many views over the years, because it is the only one you can see in some (or many, I do not know) countries ... if the other videos were not blocked, Crazy and Stronger had already surpassed the mark of 100,000,000 views at least 2 years ago. Not to mention when Youtube deleted the Piece Of Me video when it had almost 100,000,000 views in 2008! This video would now have more than 200,000,000 views.

Justice for Britney videos on Youtube / Vevo!

Ps: I love both the music and the video of Sometimes, but she has more iconic videos that deserve more recognition and views.

Since the end of 2016, all her videos are available in Germany

Guest Brichney.

No. Sometimes is just an iconic Britney classic WW. Get over it.

And Britney never had a 100m video get deleted from Youtube, ever. They deleted POM video and it has like 50m views back in the da-zay. Then, only Avril Lavigne's Girlfriend MV had 100m+ views so, yano. 

:queenflopga:

Archived