The truth behind the 100,000,000 views of Sometimes video

e-mailmyheart

The Sometimes video passed the mark of 100,000,000 views on Youtube / Vevo. Do you guys think it's because people prefer this video instead of Crazy, Stronger or Lucky? No, this video has these visualisations because it is one of the few videos (if not the only) of Britney that you can see in other countries because they are not blocked by Youtube / Vevo. I've seen over the years in the comments of the Britney videos people complaining about this and I myself of the times that I went to Germany these last years I noticed that all their videos were blocked, except the Sometimes (but I'm not going to some 3 years, so I do not know if they have already unlocked them), so this video has accumulated many views over the years, because it is the only one you can see in some (or many, I do not know) countries ... if the other videos were not blocked, Crazy and Stronger had already surpassed the mark of 100,000,000 views at least 2 years ago. Not to mention when Youtube deleted the Piece Of Me video when it had almost 100,000,000 views in 2008! This video would now have more than 200,000,000 views.

Justice for Britney videos on Youtube / Vevo!

Ps: I love both the music and the video of Sometimes, but she has more iconic videos that deserve more recognition and views.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, marrecarney said:

Yeah, I remember when Criminal was also blocked in so many countries and it had low number of views. But when it was unblocked it suddenly started to rise in views. I really don't know why they block videos in certain regions/countries, it's plain stupid. 

I remember when Womanizer first came out (her channel was BritneyTV then) it was temporarily blocked as 'adult' to which you had to sign-in and verify to you were over 18 to watch lmao

10 minutes ago, Tear the floor up up said:

I remember when Womanizer first came out (her channel was BritneyTV then) it was temporarily blocked as 'adult' to which you had to sign-in and verify to you were over 18 to watch lmao

Plus if I'm not wrong, I think Womanizer was deleted and reuploaded right before it hit 100 milion views the first time. It pissed me off so badly.  :slowdown:

4 minutes ago, TheCharmedTributes1 said:

Plus if I'm not wrong, I think Womanizer was deleted and reuploaded right before it hit 100 milion views the first time. It pissed me off so badly.  :slowdown:

Yeah and I think Pom and gm that also happened. 

Womanizer was flagged briefly because other fan groups flagged it. If I’m not mistaken. Back when we were a huge threat. 

15 minutes ago, TheCharmedTributes1 said:

9 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

Yeah and I think Pom and gm that also happened. 

Womanizer was flagged briefly because other fan groups flagged it. If I’m not mistaken. Back when we were a huge threat. 

Yeah, both POM and GM had lots of views too and were deleted. I remember POM's views were 50million which was huge for a music video in 2008 (I think the most viewed video on YouTube was 100m then) and GM wasn't far behind. Still not over it :anxiety:

46 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

Fans seem to forget the BOMT album sold what... 30 million copies. 

So a huge amount of ppl are more familiar with BOMT album than any other album. So more ppl will get nostalgia with BOMT over oops 

and also, just from what ive seen and heard, a LOT of the GP love the song. random but true. so it makes sense to me that the video has over 100m views.

Maybe because when you watch BOMT (one of her most famous and iconic music videos) Sometimes is immediately suggested by YouTube, many people have their YouTube accounts adjusted as automatic so when BOMT ends (I mean a mv with over 300 million views) Sometimes is the next, so maybe that one of the reasons among others, maybe people actually like the song, who knows :sendinglove:

5 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

Fans seem to forget the BOMT album sold what... 30 million copies. 

So a huge amount of ppl are more familiar with BOMT album than any other album. So more ppl will get nostalgia with BOMT over oops 

But I think people like Crazy more (and both music and video have more fame than Sometimes, both for the choreography and the look she uses) and yet it does not have as many views as it deserves ... but be a video or the other what matters is that it has passed the 100,000,000 views :bwink:

Archived