RCA is the problem

Fudgeney

Unlike most I think Britney is very invested in her career right now. A new Kenzo deal, a summer tour, live singing for the first time in years, many public appearances, shes dancing the best she has since circus, and Glory was an amazing album. The problem seems to be RCA. All of RCA’s artists are currently flopping. Kesha put out an album which should have been huge after her hiatus and legal battle with dr luke but yet the album for the most part flopped. Justin Timberlake released his album which should have also been huge after his superbowl performance and it had been 5 years since his last album but it also flopped.  Miley Cyrus put out Younger Now it flopped (although I will admit the album was trash). Tinashe put out Nightride which flopped and Joyride which is currently flopping. What about us from pinks new album was a moderate sucess but after that the album hasnt done very well. 

It seems RCA isnt doing their artists any favors including Britney. :unbothered:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, SlayTheLights said:

I don't want to hear people blaming Britney any more :nyschool:

She's literally done everything Exhale wanted, her style is better, she looks better, she sang live one time last year, she promoted Glory :mattafact:

And let's not forget Glory was one of her best albums, and internationally, it was one of her best performing albums since the comeback :mattafact:

It's literally RCA, all their artists are flopping, thank you for your time:ferg:

LMAOOOO. Explain Taylor Swift, Shakira, Miley Cyrus, JT's 20/20E Era, Kelly Clarkson (who has been with RCA since her debut), Alicia Keys, P!nk, Avril (since 2004), SZA, Childish Gambino, A$AP and so many others (new and old acts) who have found success through RCA.

What a few of you deluded, uncultured Exhale members want does not speak for the rest of the Britney fans/general public. 

Again, it all boils down to her work ethic, artistry, and passion. Scrapped singles/music videos, recycled performances, an entire album where its theme is ***, and the same schtick isn't going to cut it any longer. The formula is played out which concludes that Britney, the artist, is in dire need of a major rebranding.

Fortunately, Britney HAS been able to get away with a lot of missteps and career flops since her impact on pop culture and the music industry was so profound and transcended overtime. Her name, alone, carries an everlasting power.

The fact is, the music industry has literally evolved. Many of our favorite 90s-00s popular artists aren't dominating as much, especially among a newer generation of artists. Some artists comply easier and maintain longetivity while other RCA acts, e.g., Britney, JT'S recent era, Xtina, Fergie, etc. have had a harder time. Regardless, that is bound to happen to almost every single artist in the industry. 

Please think before you spat some nonsensical bullshit. Thanks and try again later. :ferg: 

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, DignifiedLove said:

Yes, let's put all the blame on her record label and not Britney herself. :sickofu:

At the end of the day, it all comes down to Britney the artist, her passion, and how committed she is. 

Don’t pretend she didn’t do ****. She did the same amount of promo and appearances like the circus era because let’s not pretend she did rigorous promo in the circus era as it was only a weeks worth. I remember exhale was pissed about that. and then she went on tour months later. Same with FF. Jive did their part in securing radio deals and such which was why FF had hits. 

1 hour ago, SlayTheLights said:

Boo, Taylor Swift and Kelly Clarkson are not with RCA, Kelly is with Atlantic since she had so many issues with RCA :mattafact:

Are you also trying to say look at Avril, Shakira, Miley and Alicia Keys and how successful they are with RCA? :hahaha:

Listen, I'm all for having a debate about this , but both parties need to know the facts first :mattafact:

Education is important sweetie :ferg:

Education comes with PERSPECTIVE and having a deep understanding in the grand scheme of things. You, my friend, lack all of that.  :ferg:

Both Taylor and Kelly were once a part of RCA. Taylor is under an independent group while Kelly left less than two years ago. Doesn't change the fact that Kelly's most successful eras to date were with RCA. And she left solely because of artistic freedom, as with Taylor. 

And really sis...? LMFAOOOO. You are REALLY coming for the past success of acts like Avril, Shakira, Miley, and Alicia who are arguably, some of the biggest female artists of our generation, each with a massive era under RCA/J? :hahaha: Mess. 

Try again. This time, when you have a solid argument and don't skim through the reasoning behind Britney's artistry. This isn't 2008 anymore. :ferg: 

1 hour ago, puppylo16 said:

Don’t pretend she didn’t do ****. She did the same amount of promo and appearances like the circus era because let’s not pretend she did rigorous promo in the circus era as it was only a weeks worth. I remember exhale was pissed about that. and then she went on tour months later. Same with FF. Jive did their part in securing radio deals and such which was why FF had hits. 

Omg I have literally seen it all. You really have the nerve to compare her highly-publicized, anticipated comeback era, "Circus" to the "Glory" era which kicked off an underwhelming lead single that featured a rent-a-rapper collab, topped off with a scrapped music video where her dancers were humping a tractor??? :drown: What a f**king insult to "Womanizer" and "HIAM." :drown: Hell, even the hype machine during FF was still in full effect, hence why it succeeded.

What's even more ironic is that when Britney was with Jive, her fans complained and now that she's with RCA, fans are still complaining, yet they're quick to point fingers at everyone except Britney, herself. :drown:

By all means, the era could have been successful but it was the wrong direction for Britney, on top of scrapped material, cheap collaborations, coming off from back-to-back flop singles, and the fact that it offered literally nothing new to the table.

Britney obviously promoted with the help of RCA, but no radio deal would have secured Make Me... or Slumber Party. People, and by people, I mean the general public didn't care for her new music; simple as that.

Until you don't realize that you are comparing apples to oranges here, you'll most likely fail to realize any rational argument that was said.

1 hour ago, SlayTheLights said:

This isn't 2008 anymore - you

Exactly boo, if you're only going to use examples of success from almost a decade ago, we have nothing to discuss :mattafact:

The fact is RCA hasn't kept up with the industry and they are mismanaging all of their artists.:nicki2:

Thanks for playing though :queenflopga:

Or because a majority of the artists from last decade are no longer as relevant in 2018. Some artists thrive while others, not so much, but based on your logic, it's suddenly the record label's fault when a, once, successful artist "flops". :drown:  If that were the case, then please justify Kelly Clarkson's transition to Atlantic who recently scored one of her biggest flops to date. Again, under a major record label, the success of an artist comes down to the artist themselves and his/her craft.

Every major record label in the music industry has both their successful and underwhelming acts. Ultimately, the more success from a wave of artists, usually newer, that a record label has, the more commercialized and appealing the label appears which is what you're buying into.

And since comprehension isn't your strongest trait, I'll repeat it again and explain to you that by the end of the day, it all boils down to Britney the artist, her passion, and how committed she is to succeeding.

Not even the greatest record label of all time will change that, unless Britney, the artist and human being, chooses to put some effort into her music career again. 

I mean she could always choose to go the alt route and join an independent label, but knowing Britney and the pop machine she's wrapped in, that's probably not going to happen anytime soon, or ever.

Until some of you fans realize this concept, then you can live outside of your false hopes and delusions. At least you won't have to set yourself up for any  dissapointment. :ferg: 

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, DignifiedLove said:

Omg I have literally seen it all. You really have the nerve to compare her highly-publicized, anticipated comeback era, "Circus" to the "Glory" era which kicked off an underwhelming lead single that featured a rent-a-rapper collab, topped off with a scrapped music video where her dancers were humping a tractor??? :drown: What a f**king insult to "Womanizer" and "HIAM." :drown: Hell, even the hype machine during FF was still in full effect, hence why it succeeded.

What's even more ironic is that when Britney was with Jive, her fans complained and now that she's with RCA, fans are still complaining, yet they're quick to point fingers at everyone except Britney, herself. :drown:

By all means, the era could have been successful but it was the wrong direction for Britney, on top of scrapped material, cheap collaborations, coming off from back-to-back flop singles, and the fact that it offered literally nothing new to the table.

Britney obviously promoted with the help of RCA, but no radio deal would have secured Make Me... or Slumber Party. People, and by people, I mean the general public didn't care for her new music; simple as that.

Until you don't realize that you are comparing apples to oranges here, you'll most likely fail to realize any rational argument that was said.

What are you getting at? They are all Britney eras how are they different? They are only two or three years apart yet you call them too different to compare? You’re the one that’s not making any sense and just blabbing off without anything to back it up. The only reason it was highly publicized was because it was literally the year after her breakdown so obviously people are gonna time in to see how she would do but that doesn’t mean she worked hard to put herself out there, she was riding on that hype alone and her team counted on that alone for success because her promo schedule only spanned two weeks max. And what hype machine you’re talking about with FF? She was highly sedated and was barely there mentally, the only success she had were her hits thanks to radio play and that’s not Britney’s doing.

Also Make Me shot to number one right after it debuted and it went up when she performed it at the VMAs. There are countless threads on here that said Make Me could’ve been a hit if she got radio support. So don’t tell me she didn’t do **** or didn’t perform the song on tv. 

so tell me what kind of work she put into those eras that made it any more different than Glory? You are going all over the place just to prove how right you are that it doesn’t even make any sense at all.

Your initial argument was that it all boils down to her yet FF she literally checked out and wasn’t even passionate about it and all your praising of HIAM and how dare I bring up Make Me when you seem to forgot she had body doubles for her videos during FF eras and her dead eyes while performing because yeah she was totally into it and it helped with the success of her hit singles. We can go on and on back and forth because you are too deluded to not see anything besides your opinions and you want to be right and you want me to agree with you because of course everything Britney does is bad and she’s just a bad performer and doesn’t do ****. Years later you will change your tune and act like you were rooting for her the entire time just like how Circus and FF is getting praised now even though at the time this forum was having meltdowns left and right.

RCA is bad but ppl are delusional if they think Britney tries or works hard. 

She doesn’t even attend normal rehearsals. 

Britney barely even talked about Glory. Who cares if Glory flopped there is no reason she couldn’t perform Glory tracks if she cared. Same with talking about her music. 

I'm over her Lazy ****, and her Flop team. I'm looking forward to the next album though. All this boils down to the artist, she could self fund her passion projects, instead she's buying Cheap looking, Expensive Fluorescent Mini dresses, doing cringe worthy (non music) videos.  

1 hour ago, puppylo16 said:

What are you getting at? They are all Britney eras how are they different? They are only two or three years apart yet you call them too different to compare? You’re the one that’s not making any sense and just blabbing off without anything to back it up. The only reason it was highly publicized was because it was literally the year after her breakdown so obviously people are gonna time in to see how she would do but that doesn’t mean she worked hard to put herself out there, she was riding on that hype alone and her team counted on that alone for success because her promo schedule only spanned two weeks max. And what hype machine you’re talking about with FF? She was highly sedated and was barely there mentally, the only success she had were her hits thanks to radio play and that’s not Britney’s doing.

Also Make Me shot to number one right after it debuted and it went up when she performed it at the VMAs. There are countless threads on here that said Make Me could’ve been a hit if she got radio support. So don’t tell me she didn’t do **** or didn’t perform the song on tv. 

so tell me what kind of work she put into those eras that made it any more different than Glory? You are going all over the place just to prove how right you are that it doesn’t even make any sense at all.

Your initial argument was that it all boils down to her yet FF she literally checked out and wasn’t even passionate about it and all your praising of HIAM and how dare I bring up Make Me when you seem to forgot she had body doubles for her videos during FF eras and her dead eyes while performing because yeah she was totally into it and it helped with the success of her hit singles. We can go on and on back and forth because you are too deluded to not see anything besides your opinions and you want to be right and you want me to agree with you because of course everything Britney does is bad and she’s just a bad performer and doesn’t do ****. Years later you will change your tune and act like you were rooting for her the entire time just like how Circus and FF is getting praised now even though at the time this forum was having meltdowns left and right.

Babe, other than the fact that you ain't making any sense, you're clearly missing the big picture and failing to grasp my argument. I also find it comical that you're finding any pathetic excuse to criticize the Femme Fatale era when the basis of this argument is completely irrelevant to how she behaved during that era. :drown:

Point blank - From back-to-back disappoints and missteps, Britney's hype eventually weaned off. I've backed up all my statements so just because YOU choose to irrationally disagree doesn't mean I'm not making any sense. In fact, all of this makes perfect sense. Britney has had the perfect set-up for any of her recent eras to be successful, yet the lack of artistic growth and constant career missteps have proven that her passion isn't there and she remains aloof in comparison to her peers. 

And not you losing all your credibility by completely disregarding the hype surrounding FF era. :drown: Were you even a fan around that time to witness the momentum? The excitement alone garnered so many new fans, she was literally Trending on Twitter for weeks, set the record for most radio plays during a first day, most downloads in a first week by a female artist, made digital history records, and a f**king #1 debut. You want to know why? Other than the fact that Britney was still riding off of the success from her previous eras unlike the Glory era, her singles during FF were, SHOCKER, radio-friendly, appealed to the masses, and one was even credited for introducing dubstep to mainstream. Hell, even with Britney 'sedated', she still scored herself a #1 album and back-to-back chart-toppers. If that isn't hype, you clearly need to reevaluate your definition.

And what the **** is your delusional *** talking about? I never once spoke against her promo schedule during Glory era, so try again. I stated how the GP wasn't here for Britney during the Glory era because of her career missteps, lack of artistry, and how it didn't bring anything new to the table. Fun fact: Make Me... did get radio support. The reason it flopped was because it didn't garner very many streams. I mean, if a f**king VMA performance couldn't save the song, I don't know what would. RCA could literally secure a deal but if the GP isn't streaming the song, doesn't that defeat the purpose? Again, people were no longer interested in Britney's music and that is the cold-blooded truth, hence why I stated she needs a major revamp to her image.

I don't give a **** what Britney does, but for y'all to place all the blame on RCA is absolutely comical and any non-deluded witness will prove you otherwise. 

32 minutes ago, SlayTheLights said:

Why are you here, you clearly hate Britney :tiffcackle:

Bye :queenflopga:

Oh honey...:umwtf: So just because I don't brownnose Britney's *** and recent career decisions, I suddenly hate her. :drown:

Like I said above, I don't give a **** what Britney does as long as she's happy, but for y'all to place the entire blame on RCA is absolutely comical and any non-deluded witness will prove you otherwise. 

Only on Exhale do you find such blatant ignorance and stupidity like this. Twitter stans did warn us about people like you and now it all makes sense.:slowdown: 

2 minutes ago, SlayTheLights said:

If you think I never criticise Britney then you are a damn fool sis :pleaseshhh:

What I am sick of is ALL the blame being placed on her by flop fans like you :tiffeyeroll:

Be gone evil spirit:leaving:

No point at even trying to engage in a slightly civil conversation, given your IQ level showcases a moron. Move along now, as I'm sure I've had more insightful conversations with a brick wall before. :begone:

8 hours ago, SlayTheLights said:

Are you also trying to say look at Avril, Shakira, Miley and Alicia Keys and how successful they are with RCA? :hahaha:

Shakira still has a successful career, I don't see any problem with his career

6 hours ago, DignifiedLove said:

I know a Britney era will succeed when my mother is asking *me about Britney's new song rather than me showing it to her.

People here apparently don't remember how big the hype was for Circus and even for Femme Fatale...like...lol...I feel like some of the fans that weren't actually around for this stuff might not get it...like...these albums were EVENTS. It FELT like a big deal. It's been at least 5 years since anything Britney has done felt like a big deal.

Archived