Britney's formula isn't....

Comical33

...Working.

no one can touch Britney in my eyes, I've been a day one fan since 1998 but I've realized that her formula for releasing music isn't working as of lately. She doesnt take chances or do anything new/advanced/ forward thinking ( Atleast not with the last couple of albums). I love glory btw.

I really pay attention to pop music and other artists careers( artists I like and artists I don't like much). She really needs to switch up how she delivers new music, music videos etc etc.

im going to post some examples

Justin timberlake- releases 2 albums within a year 20/20 experience- creates huge buzz

beyonce- releases the whole visual experience for her lemonade album, basically a music video for every song- everyone is talking

rihanna- I just read rihanna is going to be releasing 2 new albums - she will be everywhere

Taylor swift- Although I don't like her much, you cant deny the quality of her music videos this last era. They are cinematic looking like they are straight out of a movie. Huge budget, great aesthetics, great special effects.- people are in aw at the quality of her videos, hence the high view count, music sales

justin bieber- Justin released numerous singles and videos either at once or back to back during purpose era - tons of radio play etc.

I only wrote a few examples, not to compare artists to Britney but to showcase how other artists are operating in the music industry. britney needs to really step it up...take some artistic risks, step outside of her normal formula on How she releases music,music videos,promotion etc.

im sick of seeing other artists do **** and thinking  " Britney should have done that" or " I wish that was Britney's video"

these are just observations, again I'm not comparing because Britney will always be untouchable in my eyes but other artists are overshadowing her and I don't want her to be considered a nostalgic act when she's so dope and young. When she's on her A game she's untouchable 

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posted 6 hours ago and no replies yet (except for this)...:tiffcackle:

Anyways my two cents on this is:

Britney's formula is working. Its not the formula YOU want/expect but its the formula she/her team  want. 

Britney never released BJ or Glory to be stand alone albums like the other artist you mentioned. They were always supporting and secondary to the Vegas residency which by every means was a (huge) success.

To be clearer, those artists released an album and then had tours to support the album. Britney alternatively had a guaranteed residency and then released albums to support the residency.

FF's strategy had a different formula and we got a #1 hit, 2 top 10s and a successful world tour. Circus was in the similar vein.

Again I repeat, Britney's formula/strategy for BJ and Glory had completely different objectives to any of the artists you quoted above.

This is also coming from a fan since 1998.

:sofedup:

It's simple. She's no longer relatable to today's youth and much of the generation that grew up with her. Ditch the *** songs and tacky leotards/visuals, rebrand her image, and use live vocals. It worked back in the day but the schtick gets tired after a while, considering she's no longer the it-girl she used to be.

15 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

It's simple. She's no longer relatable to today's youth and much of the generation that grew up with her. Ditch the *** songs and tacky leotards/visuals, rebrand her image, and use live vocals. It worked back in the day but the schtick gets tired after a while, considering she's no longer the it-girl she used to be.

I think this is pretty true, but I really feel like if she re-invented her image and actually had a team that was forward thinking :sofedup: then she would have no problem with being successful with album/single sales and charts. I'm not a charting queen but I'm not gonna pretend like it doesn't bother me that my fave hasn't had a bona fide solo hit since 2011.:ohcrap:

8 minutes ago, patr!ckjean said:

I think this is pretty true, but I really feel like if she re-invented her image and actually had a team that was forward thinking :sofedup: then she would have no problem with being successful with album/single sales and charts. I'm not a charting queen but I'm not gonna pretend like it doesn't bother me that my fave hasn't had a bona fide solo hit since 2011.:ohcrap:

reinvent your image and if u seek amy daddy

No one is saying itzney workaholic has to come back but nothing is exciting about her releases. It’s exciting for the first week and than isn’t because Britney shows no interest.

All the ppl you mentioned are so into their career and that is why they slay 

Who wants to like a minimum effort artist.  That doesn’t want to sing or rehearse. It’s unacceptable. 

36 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

She doesn't need to be relatable to the youth, that would be hard at 36 to do.  She's super relatable to her generation.

Britney likes what she's doing and that's all that matters 

46 minutes ago, Chico101 said:

Britney's formula is working. Its not the formula YOU want/expect but its the formula she/her team  want. 

Britney never released BJ or Glory to be stand alone albums like the other artist you mentioned. They were always supporting and secondary to the Vegas residency which by every means was a (huge) success.

To be clearer, those artists released an album and then had tours to support the album. Britney alternatively had a guaranteed residency and then released albums to support the residency.

FF's strategy had a different formula and we got a #1 hit, 2 top 10s and a successful world tour. Circus was in the similar vein.

Again I repeat, Britney's formula/strategy for BJ and Glory had completely different objectives to any of the artists you quoted above.

Preach to these fools

53 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

Like others have said, maybe she really doesn't care about all that the way some of her fans do. 

There is no doubt in my mind she would have preferred to be retired at some point during the 2000s.  

1 hour ago, Spearsfan said:

No one is saying itzney workaholic has to come back but nothing is exciting about her releases. It’s exciting for the first week and than isn’t because Britney shows no interest.

All the ppl you mentioned are so into their career and that is why they slay 

Who wants to like a minimum effort artist.  That doesn’t want to sing or rehearse. It’s unacceptable. 

Maybe its time fans move on.  I don't think her or her team are worried about losing fans.

She had her prime years already and is now is near the final stages of her music career.  Which is her choice.  After her next residency she is done as a performer.  It WILL be a brand new show but she just doesn't have anything else to give (Which is her choice).

From a music standpoint, she is basically a product.  She does not intend to put in her personal life in her music.

3 hours ago, Chico101 said:

I agree with a lot of what you said and honestly I didn't bring up other artists to try to down Britney in a negative way. Britney's my number one and some of those other artists I'm not a Huge fan of but I like how they did things... those albums "may have worked while she was in Vegas" but did they really? I mean Glory is dope as hell but no one knows what's going on with her except her day one fans, her and her team should want a little more. Her singles didn't do well either, but I also believe she chose the wrong singles...I just want her to do things a littler different and it would maybe get her out there more and create more buzz. I will say she did a decent amount after glory was released but before she can pick up steam with her new material she's right back to Vegas for 6 weeks so it gets in the way of any new material. I don't think you can have a huge album while doing a Vegas residency. I know the logistics of releasing albums during a Vegas residency and to be honest it doesn't work well. 6 weeks on and 6 weeks off doesn't allow her enough time to promote, prep new choreography, invest in great music video concepts etc etc. really commit to creating things like she use to. I just want her and her music to be out there more and then she would reemerge to the general public and younger generations. Theirs so many creative ways she can excite people with new music and videos

7 hours ago, Lachrymosa said:

It's only exciting for us, the Britney fans, the GP don't even hear about it. The new formula she needs is simple: dedication.

I’m well aware. We are the only ones checking her 

6 hours ago, zxcvb said:

Maybe its time fans move on.  I don't think her or her team are worried about losing fans.

She had her prime years already and is now is near the final stages of her music career.  Which is her choice.  After her next residency she is done as a performer.  It WILL be a brand new show but she just doesn't have anything else to give (Which is her choice).

From a music standpoint, she is basically a product.  She does not intend to put in her personal life in her music.

We all basically have. 

I come on here to talk about other artists and mostly her past. I still get upset by her lack of care though. 

Obviously I still like her music. That’s the problem they don’t care about her music anymore. So... lol 

57 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

I’m well aware. We are the only ones checking her 

We all basically have. 

I come on here to talk about other artists and mostly her past. I still get upset by her lack of care though. 

Obviously I still like her music. That’s the problem they don’t care about her music anymore. So... lol 

The bottom line is that Britney should have been retired in the 2000s. (Or after the Circus Tour)  But circumstances eliminated this possibility.  This is what she wanted; not even debatable.

She only has a career because of 2007 and her early mega-stardom.  It's sad when she says in interviews "I just genuinely love what I do.  I can't believe this is a real job"  It reeks privilege.  Who wouldn't love to make money lipsyncing and barely dancing?  Answers like that make it hard for her to give interviews.

Yet I can't entirely blame her for the decisions she made.  She was a thoroughly manufactured teen/early 20s pop star; managed and controlled by her mother, her managers record execs and songwriters who manufactured her voice for product.  That is why she went after somebody like K-Fed and did something like Chaotic.  Her mother being a 100% stage mother had consequences.  Britney could have been a country singer but her mother manufactured her daughter into something she wasn't for fortune and living out her aspirations through her daughter.

Her comeback had nothing to do with getting somebody back on their feet and everything to do with making money. (Not her fault; she is under conservator-ship)  Is that really inspiring?

That said, the only truly great decision she made in entertainment was going into fragrances at the right time.  And I am happy with her almost unrivaled success as after over 20 fragrances, she probably is involved on some level.

3 hours ago, zxcvb said:

The bottom line is that Britney should have been retired in the 2000s. (Or after the Circus Tour)  But circumstances eliminated this possibility.  This is what she wanted; not even debatable.

She only has a career because of 2007 and her early mega-stardom.  It's sad when she says in interviews "I just genuinely love what I do.  I can't believe this is a real job"  It reeks privilege.  Who wouldn't love to make money lipsyncing and barely dancing?  Answers like that make it hard for her to give interviews.

Yet I can't entirely blame her for the decisions she made.  She was a thoroughly manufactured teen/early 20s pop star; managed and controlled by her mother, her managers record execs and songwriters who manufactured her voice for product.  That is why she went after somebody like K-Fed and did something like Chaotic.  Her mother being a 100% stage mother had consequences.  Britney could have been a country singer but her mother manufactured her daughter into something she wasn't for fortune and living out her aspirations through her daughter.

Her comeback had nothing to do with getting somebody back on their feet and everything to do with making money. (Not her fault; she is under conservator-ship)  Is that really inspiring?

That said, the only truly great decision she made in entertainment was going into fragrances at the right time.  And I am happy with her almost unrivaled success as after over 20 fragrances, she probably is involved on some level.

Can you name an artist who isn't manufactured?

I'm sure you will have a hard time

Her mom is no where involved in her career like stage moms tend to be, how is she a stage mom again?

Don't be mad because Britney not doing things the way you want her to do it

Britney lives for Britney

Archived