Overprotected (Original) or Overprotected (Darkchild Remix)?

DignifiedLove

Which is the superior version?  

135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...
On 4/12/2018 at 4:16 AM, DownAndUp said:

Just the fact that she went ahead and filmed the remix video, performed the remix more after its release. 

Pushing the remix Jive's idea. They went with not a girl as the second single where the rest of the world got overprotected. When the US was nearing the 3rd single they wanted to release overprotected but wanted it to be more urban as the song's teen pop sound was dying in the charts so they had Darkchild re-do the song and they re did the whole video for its promotion in the USA.

Well, in Europe we got the original which I remember the most. I love the scenes with the moving walls, she looks amazing there. But the remix got a much better video, looks like they spent some extra money on editing, her face looks so smooth.

When it comes to the song, I prefer the original, there is more emphasis on the vocals, especially that high note by the end.

Still I believe that the original video was probably meant for BOMBASTIC LOVE extension mix

Archived