Overprotected (Original) or Overprotected (Darkchild Remix)?

DignifiedLove

Which is the superior version?  

135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, 3isacharm said:

Remix... and those saying the original is better have no taste

even the remix video is far superior 

Both the original and Remix have their strengths and weaknesses. As an entirety, Overprotected Original showcases Britney's signature sound slightly more. I think that's why it's generally preferred.

The remix just kinda kills the hype the song gains in the bridge and last chorus imo, and there's a little too much going on in the instrumental especially with the annoying high pitched noise in the verses. However I do feel like it sounds a little less dated, and it adds a certain groove to it that makes the song pop a little more, so imo they both have strengths and weaknesses

5 hours ago, Iexpectyouto said:

They’re both really good but I like the remix better. It’s more high energy 

I disagree. To me the last chorus and bridge totally lose their energy in the Remix while in the original they have that extra power/energy. Especially when she does the bridge for the second time!

That being said I still enjoy the remix too. 

Archived