Did the KENZO campaign further Britneys career?

brinty.spreas

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, billyjb26 said:

The Lady Gaga photo just shows her being slimmed down to the point of looking unrealistic, but her face still looks like Lady Gaga to me.

The Beyonce picture just had the wrinkles and blemishes removed, nothing new here.

The Britney comparison is obviously two separate photos (different angles), and again, it still looks like Britney, just without any wrinkles.

:mattafact: 

One thing that all three comparisons have in common is that they made the models look BETTER. Kenzo gave Britney a huge mouth and large chin in the picture I posted. Why??? She didn't need it. If I saw that picture without knowing it was Britney ahead of time, I would definitely not recognize her. Such a mess. What is the point of hiring an A-list celebrity if they are photoshopped beyond recognition? :nyheadache: 

The Kenzo shoot reminds me a lot of the Bazaar shoot. Looks nothing like her

http://britneyphotos.org/displayimage.php?pid=21537&fullsize=1

It boosted kenzo as others said but not britney I  dont don't even call this a campaign i dont see any commercial or billboards  where i live.... she shouldve got a deal with somewhere normal people shop lik h&m or something the the teens wear that wouldve made her popular not dressing in a million dollar shirts telling us to buy it 

KENZO campaign is good for Britney's carrer. She has now some kind of  fashion credibility which is very important nowadays for Popstars. She looked good, and she reminded people that she's still there and that's gonna help when new music will be out. It's the best thing she has done in years. The media talked about her for something else than her instagram. X-Factor was a mistake, Britney Jean was a mistake, nobody cared for the lingerie, Vegas was good and bad for her.

She has a deal with a big fashion brand, she's doing a world tour, "Glory" even if it was not a commercial success had great reviews and introduced her to a younger less Pop and Gay audience. And she's (probably) working on new music, so I think 2018 and 2019 are gonna be great (at least better than 2013/2014/2015/2016/2017). She's improving y'all ! :sendinglove:

12 hours ago, danny1994 said:

Ok, but there is photoshop, and then there is transforming someone into a cartoon character. Those pictures of Britney look so bizarre I have no idea why they published them :cackling:

Did they not do that to the above? People are being very dramatic. Yes, there's photoshop, but lets not pretend like its a completely new thing to do......

13 hours ago, billyjb26 said:

The Lady Gaga photo just shows her being slimmed down to the point of looking unrealistic, but her face still looks like Lady Gaga to me.

The Beyonce picture just had the wrinkles and blemishes removed, nothing new here.

The Britney comparison is obviously two separate photos (different angles), and again, it still looks like Britney, just without any wrinkles.

:mattafact: 

One thing that all three comparisons have in common is that they made the models look BETTER. Kenzo gave Britney a huge mouth and large chin in the picture I posted. Why??? She didn't need it. If I saw that picture without knowing it was Britney ahead of time, I would definitely not recognize her. Such a mess. What is the point of hiring an A-list celebrity if they are photoshopped beyond recognition? :nyheadache: 

The Gaga photo has had her waisted done, done her hair done and they even changed the colors of the dress. Gaga looked good, but she didn't look like that. They changed her a lot

How is Beyonce have literally every blemish removed, line on her face removed, her lips recoloured and her make up redone different to Britney? 

The Britney photo shows that this isn't something ridiculously new because 'HER NEW FACE!', they always removed lines. The photo on the left looks a lot different to the one on the right, they removed her lines completely, made her look less tired and fixed her hair.

Photoshop has been happening for years, stop pretending that its a complete man behind the curtain moment....

I think it was a step in the right direction. People loved it and those who bashed the amount of photoshop mostly said it's sad cause she doesn't need one, which is great!

And it's funny that KENZO is actually doing more promo for this then Britney's team did for her last couple of albums. Check their official Instagram stories. They post about it like daily, they have a KENZO truck driving around Paris, promoting the line, they also have all these fun things associated with it - for example they had a glass booth in which a lot of different coupons were swirling around in air and people could catch them and some of them were tickets for POM, etc... 

I totally think it was a right move!... 
guys before this she was a CANDIES GIRL; of course success.. but cheap...

Her followers are mostly gay people in their late 20s or early 30s... we need luxury products!... 
I loved the shoot! and IDGAF about the photoshop.. come on! EVERYBODY USES IT NOW!.. JUST LOOK INSTAGRAM...

i hope this is the first of several luxury campaigns! :sendinglove:

5 hours ago, FeedTheStans said:

It only gave her negative press because of those horrible pictures. Her body is amazing but her face?!?!

If she had Jlo makeup/glamour people she would look excellent even if her face wouldn't resemble what it was in the 2000s. 

(If you look at her photos, Jlo does not look better/younger without makeup than Britney without makeup with her current face.)

4 hours ago, Barajas said:

I totally think it was a right move!... 
guys before this she was a CANDIES GIRL; of course success.. but cheap...

Her followers are mostly gay people in their late 20s or early 30s... we need luxury products!... 
I loved the shoot! and IDGAF about the photoshop.. come on! EVERYBODY USES IT NOW!.. JUST LOOK INSTAGRAM...

i hope this is the first of several luxury campaigns! :sendinglove:

Britney seemed passionate about Candies though. She could relate to the brand. Also the younger generation is what she needed/needs to get exposure. 

The ppl you mentioned are already her fans or are lost fans. 

37 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

Britney seemed passionate about Candies though. She could relate to the brand. Also the younger generation is what she needed/needs to get exposure. 

The ppl you mentioned are already her fans or are lost fans. 

At this point if she was only doing stuff she's passionated about she would be at home all the time doing nothing for her career lol. 
Kenzo is a good thing to give her credibility. Everything she's done the past few years were a mistake, people see her as a joke now, she can't dance, she can't sing, she's looking bad.... Kenzo deal is the right step to put her back on the right track regarding her image. It's not magic but it's stuff like that that will make her interesting again, only thing is hopefully they won't just stop with this, they need to continue. Enough of candie's, lidl, hasbro, like wtf she Britney f**king Spears not some forgattable american idol contestant. It's time to get some quality stuff and stop with the extra cheese.

Archived