Date for Ellen von Unwerth Blackout shoot

NiceSpears

Did we ever find out when in 2006/2007 Britney shot for the iconic pics to the Blackout album booklet and singles with Ellen Von Unwerth? 

I always thought it would have been somewhere during the summer of 2007 around july when she had that messy dark brown hair although it doesn't look messy especially when she does the wet look in one of the pics with the flowers and see through dress. But then I just came across this video from january 2007 again when she is pictured by paparazzi filling up gas and going to Vegas(reported at the time to record more music at The Palms studio). It could have been around this time when she still had proper hair extensions.

She also had black/ dark brown hair a couple of times during the winter of 2006.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no, this is too early, this is in January

they were planning to release blackout in December but it was rushed for a Halloween release 

doubt they shoot that early

I went back looking through candids from 06/07 and in fact Britney looks just like in the booklet by the hair and the way she looked around january- february 2007. She went to NYC right after Vegas there is lots of pics from the days in NYC, check them out! One in particular she looks exactly like in the booklet even make up wise when "leaving a friends appartment in Westside Village". Like it could have been the exact day. And I also checked pics from summer 2007 with the messy hair and I really don't think its from that time.

What also makes me think it could be from early 2007 is because she was back working with Larry and the team before firing them. They booked her for a big part of the recordings of the albums in NYC/ LA/ Vegas and if one would have booked famous photographer Ellen again to shoot her album cover it would be Larry. Throughout summer 2007 she barely had any management except from a short period of time around the VMAs.

I thought Jive wanted that album out for a long time/ the release was in the works for a long time. Which could be why the photoshoot was done long before just like most of the songs recorded throughout 2006.

14 hours ago, UnusualRick said:

It was done AFTER February 16, because she has the lips tattoo on her wrist :

Image associée

I think the photoshoot was done at the same time as the  Gimme More videoshoot, her hair look pretty similar, and there was a brick wall on set :

Résultats de recherche d'images pour « gimme more video shoot » 

Résultats de recherche d'images pour « britney blackout photoshoot »

1, in what picture of the booklet is that tattoo even visable?? I can't see it. 

2, Could be, but that brick wall is not the same as you can see between the album photo and the on set pic of GM. She shot the OK! Magazine spread at Day 1 of the Gimme More video shoot and I just don't think she "looks" like she does for the albums pictures face- wise.

3, hair and face- wise it looks like february 2007 and not summer. Check the paparazzi pictures from NYC when she is seen leaving a building in Westside Village. It sure does look like she has had professional make up done similar to it and also the hair matches(like she had done the wet hair - look against that wall last and just wears it up afterwards). 

OK UPDATE: 

There is even pictures of her arriving to that building in Westside Village on February 10th 2007. When she arrives she wears the hair completely different in a a bun but when she is seen leaving she wears make up and the hair has been done or through styling...

HOW DO I POST PICS TO A POST?! Lol

Check the Feb 10 arriving and leaving "a friends apartment i Westside Village". I could be totally wrong but..

Another clue...finger nails.

In the photos she has red or dark red nail polish on her nails. But in the Gimme More footage she isn't wearing nail polish.

The Westside Village pics show her wearing red nail polish.

EDIT: In the pics her nails are a bit longer than usual, as if they might be fake nails. In the Westside Village pics her nails are short, like usual.

2 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Another clue...finger nails.

In the photos she has red or dark red nail polish on her nails. But in the Gimme More footage she isn't wearing nail polish.

The Westside Village pics show her wearing red nail polish.

EDIT: In the pics her nails are a bit longer than usual, as if they might be fake nails. In the Westside Village pics her nails are short, like usual.

Good point!! The nails and length looks the same in the Blackout pics and Westside Village paps shots, but much more darker red in the Blackout photos. 

*checks for red wine colored nails through summer 2007* 

lol

ACTUAL DATE:

August 7th 2007, "day 2" of the Gimme More video. This day the bar scene with the blonde wig was shot(according to a guy from the shoot), the ********/ unused bed scenes and "funeral look" was shot during day 1 back in july. 

Throughout may- august she never got the nails done, not even for the GM first day and OK! Mag shoot where she can be seen with her natural short nails. 

When arriving on the 7th of august at the location she had the nails undone. When photographed leaving the set, as well as on Carls Jr drive through(the pretty pics/ "Fanta! Fanta! No Coke!" pics) she wears the exact same red wine colored fake nails as in the Blackout album booklet pictures. Later that night when paparazzi pictures her leaving Winstons nightclub, she has removed most of the fake nails wearing like one(typical BritBrit back in the day lol).

I can't remember who the guy was that I talked to back in like 2008 but he was working within the production team behind the video, I think he did the lighting and I got his name from the website that said they did the lights for the GM video. He said the bar scene was shot at day 2. 

Archived