Britney needs a collab with Shawn Mendes!

raygaess

While I love Brit and like Shawn, I feel like it would be weird. I can think of Brit as hot, but I could not be involved with her since the age difference is SOOOOO huge, (I'm Shawn's age, almost two months older tho), so I think it would be weird for them to collab, specially since Britney as being doing *** songs as off most of her effing discography.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/4/2018 at 9:03 PM, LostInAnImage said:

I have nothing against him but he’s not really famous. It would be Britney downgrading yet again to pander to a particular audience. If she does any more collaborations, it should be with people of her caliber.

No offense but that's delusional.

Nowadays Shawn is WAY bigger than Britney. In My Blood (his last single) audio has already over 20 millions of views in Youtube :imok:

I don't think they fit anyway. Totally different styles :mhm: 

27 minutes ago, RobRocks said:

No offense but that's delusional.

Nowadays Shawn is WAY bigger than Britney. In My Blood (his last single) audio has already over 20 millions of views in Youtube :imok:

I don't think they fit anyway. Totally different styles :mhm: 

My bad, I genuinely didn’t know. The only song I’ve ever heard by him is “Stitches,” and I only know his name because of Exhale. But I’m in my later 20’s so maybe it’s just a generational thing. Or, equally likely, I’m just out of touch. :snapney:

However, I’m definitely not delusional about Britney’s current relevance in the music industry; I know she’s not really talked about much at all anymore, and has unfortunately ceased to be popular (her tiny venues—between 1-6k seating capacity—in the upcoming US tour illustrates this; it’s the smallest US tour she’s ever done other than the mall tour).

By their difference in caliber, I was referring to her overall status (reigning Princess of Pop) versus a relative newbie, that’s all. If Britney does any further collaborations, I’d prefer to see her alongside other icons from her generation, like Eminem. And while not an icon, the “President of Pop,” JT, would also likely be a really good collaboration (not to mention a big deal, because despite the dwindling down of their respective careers, people still flip out about any rumor regarding Brit and Justin). 

But no offense taken, and no offense intended if you’re a fan of Shawn. They’re just at vastly different stages of their careers, that’s all. :)

If anyhing, she should feature with Zayn. Much more singular voice to mix with her than Shawn + under the same label. Charlie Puth would be cute tho cause he's a hell of a Britney stan :hibebe:

But in reality, none of them. Unless she ditch the baby voice and serve vocals to perform live.

On 4/3/2018 at 1:56 PM, raygaess said:

Actually 22 and I know what people wanna hear. They would make such a fun groovy bop together. And I’m sure it would be something fun and ****** 

:tiffeyeroll: you can't claim that because you're 22 that you "know what people want to hear", im 19 and id launch myself off a cliff if this collab ever happened:meltdown: shawn mendes is overrated, big headed and is marketed towards 12 year olds; also the last thing we need is 36 year old britney making a "******" song with a 19 year old.

Guest Diamond Horse
On 4.4.2018 at 5:59 AM, Chris Dowling said:

^ good taste :calculating: This would be god awful. I actually go for Bieber on this one. He can actually hold a note :giggleney:

THANKS FOR POSTING! I ACTUALLY LIKE IT VERY MUCH :crying-13:

22 hours ago, LostInAnImage said:

My bad, I genuinely didn’t know. The only song I’ve ever heard by him is “Stitches,” and I only know his name because of Exhale. But I’m in my later 20’s so maybe it’s just a generational thing. Or, equally likely, I’m just out of touch. :snapney:

However, I’m definitely not delusional about Britney’s current relevance in the music industry; I know she’s not really talked about much at all anymore, and has unfortunately ceased to be popular (her tiny venues—between 1-6k seating capacity—in the upcoming US tour illustrates this; it’s the smallest US tour she’s ever done other than the mall tour).

By their difference in caliber, I was referring to her overall status (reigning Princess of Pop) versus a relative newbie, that’s all. If Britney does any further collaborations, I’d prefer to see her alongside other icons from her generation, like Eminem. And while not an icon, the “President of Pop,” JT, would also likely be a really good collaboration (not to mention a big deal, because despite the dwindling down of their respective careers, people still flip out about any rumor regarding Brit and Justin). 

But no offense taken, and no offense intended if you’re a fan of Shawn. They’re just at vastly different stages of their careers, that’s all. :)

It's nice to talk to fans like you who respect opinions and artists. I get your point and I kinda agree, I just wanted to clarify that Shawn is getting bigger nowadays (both as an artist and phisically lol) ;)

Who said beiber's voice is fading off? That's insane,  he sounds really good on all his tracks. They are usually instant smashers and he has a very similar rise to fame/got torn down story that Britney has.  They also would sound really good together. There's a few sad mashups on YouTube if you want to hear how they'd sound.  And despite the age gap its  a hell of a lot more appropriate of a collab than G-reazy and Tinashe. Nothing against Shawn but stitches is so annoying and overplayed, and the only other song I know from him sounds exactly like stitches. 

Also guys what's with the Lana collab obsession? Neither of their voices or styles match in the least what are you guys doing?:calculating:

29 minutes ago, Justney said:

Who said beiber's voice is fading off? That's insane,  he sounds really good on all his tracks. They are usually instant smashers and he has a very similar rise to fame/got torn down story that Britney has.  They also would sound really good together. There's a few sad mashups on YouTube if you want to hear how they'd sound.  And despite the age gap its  a hell of a lot more appropriate of a collab than G-reazy and Tinashe. Nothing against Shawn but stitches is so annoying and overplayed, and the only other song I know from him sounds exactly like stitches. 

Also guys what's with the Lana collab obsession? Neither of their voices or styles match in the least what are you guys doing?:calculating:

I actually agree, I've never been a fan of Bieber, at all, but you can't deny the parallel's between his career and Britney's. I think a collab with them would be a huge hit.

Archived