Britney Spears songwriter reveals the surprising truth behind one of her BIGGEST hits

bbbitchme

Britney Spears is 【still】:rlynow: one of the world's biggest stars
RuthAnne Cunningham told Means Happy that different parts of 2013’s Work ***** were put together by different writers - and that she was only told Spears had recorded it four days before it was released.:ohdear:

Surprisingly, when it was put together, she had absolutely no idea who - if anyone - would end up singing it.

“I came up with the melody parts, the ‘hold your head high, fingers to the sky’ section, for example. All the bits in the song that are sung,” she explained.

“I wasn’t there for the recording itself, but she definitely sings the melody parts in her way, if that makes sense, so it sounds very unmistakably ‘Britney’.:ohreallylol:

Work ***** was a big hit in 2013:cackling:
“I think she sounds great on it. I’m not sure where the British accent came from, but I love it.”

Speaking to the new LGBTQ+ website, she said of the moment she head who’d sung it: “A call came four days before it came out and it was played down the phone to me. I was like, wait, that’s our song; I know that voice – is that Britney Spears?!

“Then I was told it was the lead single for her new album and it was coming out in four days. I was like, s**t.

“I mean it’s every 13 year old’s dream, isn’t it?”

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Britney recorded it 4 days before it’s release?!:ohdear: it’s so shocking that the music was soooooo rushed but they obviously had a high budget for the visuals. WB was amazing and expensive, she hire joseph for perfume and the album shoot was pretty nice. It’s crazy how much they spent on a throwaway album :selena:

2 hours ago, Fab britney said:

Britney recorded it 4 days before it’s release?!:ohdear: it’s so shocking that the music was soooooo rushed but they obviously had a high budget for the visuals. WB was amazing and expensive, she hire joseph for perfume and the album shoot was pretty nice. It’s crazy how much they spent on a throwaway album :selena:

no, the songwriter WAS TOLD that Britney Spears recorded it, 4 days before it came out. Like when she wrote her parts of the song she had no idea who was gonna end up singing it. Then they told her it was for Britney, then 4 days later it came out

3 hours ago, bbbitchme said:

Britney Spears is 【still】:rlynow: one of the world's biggest stars
RuthAnne Cunningham told Means Happy that different parts of 2013’s Work ***** were put together by different writers - and that she was only told Spears had recorded it four days before it was released.:ohdear:

Surprisingly, when it was put together, she had absolutely no idea who - if anyone - would end up singing it.

“I came up with the melody parts, the ‘hold your head high, fingers to the sky’ section, for example. All the bits in the song that are sung,” she explained.

“I wasn’t there for the recording itself, but she definitely sings the melody parts in her way, if that makes sense, so it sounds very unmistakably ‘Britney’.:ohreallylol:

Work ***** was a big hit in 2013:cackling:
“I think she sounds great on it. I’m not sure where the British accent came from, but I love it.”

Speaking to the new LGBTQ+ website, she said of the moment she head who’d sung it: “A call came four days before it came out and it was played down the phone to me. I was like, wait, that’s our song; I know that voice – is that Britney Spears?!

“Then I was told it was the lead single for her new album and it was coming out in four days. I was like, s**t.

“I mean it’s every 13 year old’s dream, isn’t it?”

So she's one of the culprit for that generic edm myah-sung mess :useeingthis:

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

no, the songwriter WAS TOLD that Britney Spears recorded it, 4 days before it came out. Like when she wrote her parts of the song she had no idea who was gonna end up singing it. Then they told her it was for Britney, then 4 days later it came out

I re-read the post and yes, thats why its important to know how to comunicate as well as how to read every news we see out there. 

Archived