Britney Spears songwriter reveals the surprising truth behind one of her BIGGEST hits

bbbitchme

Iconic song is iconic

It does annoy the **** out of me though that Britney has a writing credit on every BJ track, when we have proof she didn’t. She barely turned up for the recording sessions, Little lone writing. I’d always made a big deal about Britney being honest and humble, not caring who wrote the song, as long as the felt the song suited her and was hitworthy. She wasn’t like Bey, who felt she had to be a writer on everything (including cover songs) to be seen as “legit”.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Greatest Show said:

One of her BIGGEST hits .....:slowdown:

It definitely is one of her biggest hits though. I’ve met multiple people who love the song and they have no idea I’m a huge fan or anything. And I’m in the UK, which is notoriously hard on her. It cracked the top ten here 

13 minutes ago, Pinky98 said:

It definitely is one of her biggest hits though. I’ve met multiple people who love the song and they have no idea I’m a huge fan or anything. And I’m in the UK, which is notoriously hard on her. It cracked the top ten here 

Knowing multiple people that like a song doesn't make it one of her BIGGEST hits tho. :slowdown:

I think that, if true, recording the lead single 4 days before it was supposed to come out  just proves how ridiculously last-minute and unorganized everything really was when it came to Britney Jean.

Ever since the Myah rumors came up, I was bewildered as to why someone had to come in and record those songs instead of Britney herself. I mean, virtually NONE of the songs on BJ are hard or even moderately hard to sing. Anyone with marginal vocal ability and a pitch corrector could have recorded them. So clearly, it couldn't have been Britney's vocal ability or potential lack thereof. She's done way harder stuff and she managed amazingly, as evident i.e. on Glory. However, given that the album was extremely rushed, maybe they just couldn't align Britney's schedule with the recording schedule, which is, I understand, ridiculous to even say out loud - after all, it is HER album so she needs to make sure her schedules are aligned or altered one way or another. Aside from the possibility of her hating the songs and not wanting anything to do with them yet still being forced to release them as an album, I think this is the only other explanation- Britney had other commitments (be that her boys/vacation/whatever) so they were like, "Well... Will, Britney's not available much this month but this album needs to drop. You're gonna process the **** out of her vocals anyway. Let's have Britney come in for an hour, lay some vocals down and whatever doesn't get done, there's this girl who sounds very similar to her.. Let's just have her come in and record the rest." 

If you ask me the whole Britney Jean thing is embarrassing and the fact that they made her label it as her "most personal album to date" is the icing on the cake. However, I think Britney's moved on and I think most of us have too. But yeah, it would be nice if her team could get their **** together for once and streamline the album making process or at the very least have the decency to step away and hire people who actually are able to do so.

What makes me angry personally is the fact that they are all so oblivious. They drop something out of nowhere, have no promo set up and don't shoot the video til months after the first single drops etc. And then they turn around and say, "Well... there's just no demand right now.... It doesn't make sense for her to release a third single/another album because it didn't work chart-wise." Well, no **** Sherlock. If you promote three months after stuff is released, have her go perform on all these random  radio concerts that aren't even televised (!!) or remind Britney herself to actually stir the interview direction towards her MUSIC rather than her body, diet and kids, then of course **** is gonna hit the fan and stuff is gonna flop. 

That's why Meyer was on it, That whole **** show was rushed. All that time/years with Britney dragging her ***, doing little to nothing, then BAM! Labels like "Let's do this, Let's do that, Let's do that.....NOW!". I don't get it, and Britney's like a robot coming out of the gas chamber when it's time to...."Work". There's no integrity., or curation, just a Digital disaster.

42 minutes ago, AkiraLe said:

Wasn't it someone has clarified that the writer was told 4 days before, NOT IT WAS RECORDED 4 DAYS BEFORE...

Chill, before you typed such a long reply 

Exactly,,, 

the work ***** video was already recorded before the song came out...

so obvious the song was ready  time before...

In 2013 ahead of her “Piece Of Me” shows she should have released a 6-track EP instead of a full feature album as “Britney Jean” did not work in its entirety. 

I would have released “Work *****” as a buzz single for the residency and then released the EP and that would have been that and I am sure much more successful that what actually released. 

With the EP I would have gone with:

1. Work ***** 

2. Alien 

3. Til It’s Gone 

4. Perfume 

5. Passenger 

6. Now That I Found You 

14 minutes ago, umr3000 said:

In 2013 ahead of her “Piece Of Me” shows she should have released a 6-track EP instead of a full feature album as “Britney Jean” did not work in its entirety. 

I would have released “Work *****” as a buzz single for the residency and then released the EP and that would have been that and I am sure much more successful that what actually released. 

With the EP I would have gone with:

1. Work ***** 

2. Alien 

3. Til It’s Gone 

4. Perfume 

5. Passenger 

6. Now That I Found You 

Right? not including the only song where Britney sounds like Britney....and so the best song of the album maybe the only one able to be listened

where's Hold On Tight? :rlynow:

My version would be

1. Work *****

2. Perfume

3. Till it's gone (or whatever, something to fill :snarky:)

4. Don't Cry

5. Hold On Tight

and that'd be it :toocute:

Dead at some of you thinking she recorded it Tuesday for a Friday release. 

1. The video was shot way before release

2. They can't print the packaging and discs and get all copies to stores worldwide in 4 days.

3. Everything has to go through the label. They can't just decide to record some random song as lead single for that week.

Get your **** together.

Exactly...

14 minutes ago, claug326 said:

2. They can't print the packaging and discs and get all copies to stores worldwide in 4 days.

3. Everything has to go through the label. They can't just decide to record some random song as lead single for that week.

Get your **** together.

Exactly 

******* say that WB is a flop, but it’s had very good longevity over the years. It’s kinda become one of the more popular songs that the GP knows from her in recent years. It’s huge with the gay scene and she’s performed it enough for people to know it’s her last biggest hit. Doesn’t matter that it didn’t go number one. 

20 minutes ago, claug326 said:

Get your **** together.

Exactly, and i ALSO remember we knew the song was going to be called something related with work or even WERK.. REMEMBER??? WE KNEW THIS WEEKS BEFORE ITS RELEASE.  ... .. .we even thought that the lead single from bj was u better work from rupaul, i mean rupaul even tweeted about it  a week before the release. so the four day release rushed teory is invalid and cancelled. 

FYI work ***** was released on sep 15.

38 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

******* say that WB is a flop, but it’s had very good longevity over the years. It’s kinda become one of the more popular songs that the GP knows from her in recent years. It’s huge with the gay scene and she’s performed it enough for people to know it’s her last biggest hit. Doesn’t matter that it didn’t go number one. 

Exactly... it's her last hit... 

the video is amazing... her best post breakdown...

WB VIDEO > circus , womanizer, 3 , hiam, ttwe , slumber party, etc ...

Archived