BRITNEY JEAN APPRECIATION!!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

It’s an alright album with some good songs that I listen to every once in a while. But I have to say that tge Myah scandal really tainted thr album for me. I can’t look at it the same because it’s so clear that it isn’t Britney throughout some songs. And before I read about that here, BJ was still amazing to me. I got it on the US release date and listened to it immediately. I love the CD, but it’s just not the same. 

This. 

when I first heard it, I felt it was a little mediocre, and her vocals were just heavily edited. I still could've enjoyed some of the tracks though. 

After the Myah scandal though, I can never look at it the same way. It's a joke of a Britney Spears album and a stain on her discography. Not being personal is one thing, but to have a ghost singer? Ehhhh. 

Sone tracks are good, I love Alien and Hold on Tite and the Perfume mix. Tik Tik Boom is a bop and idc what anyone says, but the rest of the songs are either bad, boring, or both. 

:( 

29 minutes ago, glorytobritney said:

Her worst album my far and a complete embarassement to her discography.  Sorry, but there's no redeeming qualities in Myah Jean;  its utter trash.

Poor OP, the thread is titled 'Britney Jean Appreciation' and we all still came to drag the album :mcorangu:

Sorry OP:useeingthis:

12 minutes ago, Chaoscontrol said:

Poor OP, the thread is titled 'Britney Jean Appreciation' and we all still came to drag the album :mcorangu:

Sorry OP:useeingthis:

It's cool :cigney:

1. Alien

LOVED EVERYTHING. Music, lyrics, voice. Being personal and mysterious.

2. Work *****

One of her MOST ICONIC songs that is still being played everywere. Britney Jean was the last album to date ti g8ve us a track that is being played right there next to  toxic, scream and shout, and her earlier stuff

3. Perfume

A nice song. I guess they tried to make it look like there was no autotune in this song, jer voice is deeper and thats cool, but i always felt like it missed britneys adlibs and style

4. It Should Be Easy (feat. will.i.am)

Love it, its a bop for me. Also its what i always felt about love and the song says it so simply... It should be easy. I could relate at the time

5. Tik Tik Boom (feat. T.I.)

Filler

6. Body Ache

Dont get the hate, i love it, such a bop and with a sad feel at the same time. Like you are sad at the party but you gotta keep on dancing to forget

7. Til It’s Gone

Nice, but filler

8. Passenger

Different, i love it. Someone said it talks about the conservatorship. Could be true

9. Chillin’ With You (feat. Jamie Lynn)

Hate it. Its like a joke or a theme for a cartoon. Definetly not what i expected for a feature with jamie lynn

10. Don’t Cry

I like it gut i can hear her voice cracking so many times its weird for an album that is even at least... produced

11. Brightest Morning Star

It was always one of my favs, i find it so cute i just cant, call me gay. I can see it being personal. She always says her sons are the reason her heart beats and why she got back on track

12. Hold On Tight

Nice song

13. Now That I Found You

I loved this one from the begining, how it has like 2 songs in 1. It changes so much in the chorus i just love that fact alone.

Of course everything about mya marie singing on the album kind of ruined it but most of all it was EXHALE who ruined it the most

10 hours ago, BritneyLover said:

1. Alien

LOVED EVERYTHING. Music, lyrics, voice. Being personal and mysterious.

2. Work *****

One of her MOST ICONIC songs that is still being played everywere. Britney Jean was the last album to date ti g8ve us a track that is being played right there next to  toxic, scream and shout, and her earlier stuff

3. Perfume

A nice song. I guess they tried to make it look like there was no autotune in this song, jer voice is deeper and thats cool, but i always felt like it missed britneys adlibs and style

4. It Should Be Easy (feat. will.i.am)

Love it, its a bop for me. Also its what i always felt about love and the song says it so simply... It should be easy. I could relate at the time

5. Tik Tik Boom (feat. T.I.)

Filler

6. Body Ache

Dont get the hate, i love it, such a bop and with a sad feel at the same time. Like you are sad at the party but you gotta keep on dancing to forget

7. Til It’s Gone

Nice, but filler

8. Passenger

Different, i love it. Someone said it talks about the conservatorship. Could be true

9. Chillin’ With You (feat. Jamie Lynn)

Hate it. Its like a joke or a theme for a cartoon. Definetly not what i expected for a feature with jamie lynn

10. Don’t Cry

I like it gut i can hear her voice cracking so many times its weird for an album that is even at least... produced

11. Brightest Morning Star

It was always one of my favs, i find it so cute i just cant, call me gay. I can see it being personal. She always says her sons are the reason her heart beats and why she got back on track

12. Hold On Tight

Nice song

13. Now That I Found You

I loved this one from the begining, how it has like 2 songs in 1. It changes so much in the chorus i just love that fact alone.

Of course everything about mya marie singing on the album kind of ruined it but most of all it was EXHALE who ruined it the most

YESS I love ISBE tooo!!!!

13 minutes ago, I Always Sing Live said:

"ghost-singer" sounds so ridiculous I almost feel like this album is the origin of the term.. for some reason "ghost-writer" sounds fine but "ghost-singer" is just.. :cackling: it literally has a wikipedia page, why does it sound so weird.. :ohdear:

Britney Jean, the originator of the ghost singer. 

I've been telling ya'll that the album had impact. Just took a few years to realize :cackling:

It’s one of the worst albums released by a pop girl ever imo. Vocal glitches, bad production, ghost singer etc. It’s a big stain on her otherwise amazing discography.  

I adore Britney but I won’t lie and say Britney Jean is a good album just because she’s my fave. It sounds like it was recorded, produced and printed within a day. The only good thing that came from Britney Jean was Work ***** and this has been my opinion from day 1 :lemmetellu:

On 3/19/2018 at 8:54 AM, Chaoscontrol said:

After the Myah scandal though, I can never look at it the same way. It's a joke of a Britney Spears album and a stain on her discography. Not being personal is one thing, but to have a ghost singer? Ehhhh. 

For this reason alone, I prefer to not even acknowledge BJ anymore. As a fan since the very beginning, it's very hard to reconcile with the reality that your favorite artist not only took credit for lyrics she didn't write whilst referring to them as the most personal of her career, but actually took credit for vocals she didn't sing.

For one of the best-selling female artists of all time to release a major studio album replete with vocals by a ghost singer is simply unprecedented, with the infamous exception of Millie Vanilli, that is. Frankly, Britney is very lucky her star power had dwindled considerably by the time BJ was released, because otherwise it would've destroyed not just her current career, but likely her legacy as well, since no one would ever be able to take her seriously again following this discovery.

So, with all due respect OP, I strongly disagree that album deserves our appreciation. 

Archived