BRITNEY JEAN APPRECIATION!!

At first I was like everybody else, hating on it. It's actually a really good album. Fun & different from what brit has always done. I'd say the most generic song on the album that's not my fav is Body Ache. With this album it grows on you. Imo i believe it should've been promoted as a fun record like brit once said. Instead of a "personal" one. I mean some are personal, like Hold on Tight, Don't Cry, & Perfume. Yet they still have an EDM feel to it. You can't expect an acoustic/ stripped down album that Will.i.am is producing. Def doesn't deserve all the hate & ESPECIALLY NOT a debut at #4!!

THOUGHTS??

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me, Britney Jean is not a bad album. It's just a bad BRITNEY SPEARS album. If almost anyone else had recorded it, people would have probably really liked it. Demi, Selena, Miley, etc. But Britney has set such high standards for her albums. Music-wise, she's always been ahead of the curve and with Britney Jean she was behind it.

The reason it's not as good is because they rushed it to get it out before POM so they could use an album to promote the show. If they had let them take their time with it and release it when it was finished, I bet it would have been better.

But anyway, I don't dislike it, I just don't listen to it a lot. I prefer Britney's dance songs and other than WB, the BJ dance songs aren't that amazing. I also love Alien and Till It's Gone though. Don't Cry is pretty good too!

This what I love from BJ : 

- Great photoshoot, nothing shocking as the V magazine 2016 but she looks on point. 

-The EDM path it was intended to go over, sadly it was wrongly executed. 

-Uptempo smashing tracks that could have been great singles like Til its gone, Now that I found you or It should be easy. Even some deep cuts as Alien or Hold on tight could have been a great addition to her catalogue 

I always liked it.

It's such a light album. I can listen to it from beginning to end without skipping a song, and when I least expect it, it's over. It's not tiring, and I love how it has different rhythms and styles. For example, I think I only once listened to that Katy Perry album, Prism, and I couldn't even tell when a song finished or started, it wasn't bad, it was just the same thing over and over. I heard Joanne once as well, because of the same reason (well, Joanne's songs were slightly different but they were equally boring).

I don't care if it's personal or not. If you think a little you can find how each song could fit in Britney's life, and they all do. And if you can't find the connection, then what? They're still great songs.

It deserved more singles, and I think they would've done ok, any other song would've done better than Perfume but they didn't even try.

46 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I always liked it.

It's such a light album. I can listen to it from beginning to end without skipping a song, and when I least expect it, it's over. It's not tiring, and I love how it has different rhythms and styles. For example, I think I only once listened to that Katy Perry album, Prism, and I couldn't even tell when a song finished or started, it wasn't bad, it was just the same thing over and over. I heard Joanne once as well, because of the same reason (well, Joanne's songs were slightly different but they were equally boring).

I don't care if it's personal or not. If you think a little you can find how each song could fit in Britney's life, and they all do. And if you can't find the connection, then what? They're still great songs.

It deserved more singles, and I think they would've done ok, any other song would've done better than Perfume but they didn't even try.

this.

ive always liked it.  i do understand the hate on it though but at the same time, i dont hate it. :verycool:

my favs are Alien, Til Its Gone, WB (obv) and Now That I Found You 

I really don't like it and i hate when some of the B-Army says that we hate on it because of the poor sales :rlynow: i mean, i LOVE Glory and (unfortunately) it sold less, so... I just don't like it (except 2-3 songs) not only because of Myah Marie but idk since my very first listen i felt like i wasn't listening to a Britney Spears album :imok: also it's clear that they called will.i. flop cause they thought: "Oh Scream & Shout was a huge hit, if will.i.flop will produce the album it will do well..." there's just a lil difference tho, Scream & Shout was sang by Britney, the production was very good and the song was catchy and fun, Britney Jean on the other hand... :nopingout:

It's hard to appreciate that album knowing she's not singing a lot of parts of the songs. :rlynow: We can also add the fact that the production is bad, and the fact that she didn't write the lyrics but is credited to have written the whole album doesn't help. Also, it was marketed as "personal" when it's wasn't. Such a turn-off. :flawlessbye:It's a weird mixture of dated EDM songs and ballads. 

They should have made 2 parts to make it more cohesive  :

PART 1 : 

1- Alien
2- Perfume
3- Passenger
4- Chillin With You
5- Don't Cry
6- Brightest Morning Star
7- Hold On Tight

PART 2 : 

1- Work *****
2- It Should Be Easy
3- Tik Tik Boom
4- Body Ache
5- Til It's Gone
6- Now That I Found You

It had potential but the whole project was excecuted poorly.

I like a few songs but I’m mostly ashamed on how they handled the vocal production. 

Its by far her worst album.

that being said. I do think some of the songs are nice and enjoyable. She should just have focus on five songs and made an EP. sometimes I wish she would re record some of these songs.

It’s an alright album with some good songs that I listen to every once in a while. But I have to say that tge Myah scandal really tainted thr album for me. I can’t look at it the same because it’s so clear that it isn’t Britney throughout some songs. And before I read about that here, BJ was still amazing to me. I got it on the US release date and listened to it immediately. I love the CD, but it’s just not the same. 

Archived