Hold It Against Me is POP PERFECTION.

DignifiedLove

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...
On 3/9/2018 at 4:04 PM, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

HIAM is what vampires **** to in monster trucks. The song is amazing, only problem is I can’t decide which is a harder song production wise, HIAM or Work *****? Oh the woes of being a Britney stan.  :jackk:  :bwink:

HIAM's production >

WB sounded like a Swedish House Mafia leftover even though both productions are fantastic. :byetina:

Honestly, preach @DignifiedLove

I remember when HIAM was first released and I didn't really love it instantly, but I felt there was something special about it. The video just left me confused because I was too young and didn't care enough to analyse it, but I felt the "eerie" Åkerlund vibe because I was also obsessed with Gaga's Telephone MV at the time.

For some reason I decided to watch it again last year and I was blown away, it's perfection beyond what a human could come up with. :ehidk:

That then made me view the song itself in a whole different light, the slow but steady build up to the breakdown and then the final chorus manifests and just snaps at you; it's a religious experience. :crying2:

I know this is an old discussion but I agree 100%

One of my favorite Britney singles, songs period, mvs. And FF is my second favorite Britney album. The video was just so dark and was surprisingly personal considering she usually doesn't like videos like that. I still get chills when Brit in the wedding dress gets splattered in paint and falls to the ground :mhm:

On 3/8/2018 at 12:03 AM, DignifiedLove said:

i'm TIRED of HIAM being thrown under the bus because it truly is one of, if not, the most underrated pop song of the decade.The track is old school Britney meets Currentney and it's honestly a pop masterpiece with a PRODUCTION that is out of this world. Her best song this decade, period and I just want to take some time to appreciate the masterpiece that it is. :kyliecry:

Also, hearing the hidden vocals/instrumentals is a trip. Max Martin really  is THAT producer. :kyliecry:

19:45 is EUPHORIC btw. :kyliecry:

hiam.jpg

Yasss still remember the second, minute, hour and day when I first listened to this bop :bop:

I ansolutely LOVE HIAM. It has a special place in my heart. To me, it has that sweet yet **** and super pop sound that I naturally relate to Britney, like "Oops!" and "Circus". Love love loooove it.

On 3/8/2018 at 9:51 AM, BlueGangsta said:

When her worst video came out, it ruined the song for me  :imok:

You must hava forgotten about "3"... It's DEFINITELY her worst video. The editing is disastrous.

Archived